• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hiprocracy of the Catholic Church

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
GodLovesUs said:
I was hoping people would share not just the good in their religion but the items/actions that might be questionable/ or viewed not so good. Like in my other posts Crusades, Spanish inquisition for me a waste of life. In the end the decisions were all made by men.

At least in my experience and in history, if you speak up against religion you are atomatically an evil man/ blasphamous (is this a word?). Hopefully my history is correct but I believe Gallileo was considered evil by the Church.

I know the devil lives on this earth so I wouldn't be surprised if it has infiltrated parts of the men/women who call themselves followers of God. ALL I know is I am weary of people who hide behind religion and this is why I believe in God more than religion at this stage.

Hope no one is offended cause I wish peace across all religions. A few men/women hears whispers of satan (in my opinion) that makes us fight amongst ourselves. The true enemy is satan not man/woman.

I agree. The human race is tainted with corruption and the church is no exception (which is why I have decided to have very little to do with church). I also choose to trust in God alone and not a religious organization. But people (especially the media) tend spend a majority of their focus on all of the corruption. Meanwhile churches around the world are doing all sorts of wonderful things towards mankind which gets little or no recognition.

angellous_evangellous said:
Was this thing resolved?
At this point I am still observing the person, I think I am being trick at the moment that everything is fine but I still think the evil spirit is around since this person still refuses to give up his new found power. I am not worried about it since now I know how to handle these evil spirits. I believe it is satan himself becuase this spirit said that he is God, the funny thing about is is the evil spirit said that he is scared cause I was too big, what cowards. If you are interested I will tell you how to fight and rest a person if he is possessed at least the ones I had experienced.

Lets all fight satan and not each other. God Bless.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
My church continually accosts me with senseless acts of kindness intermixed with random acts of love!

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
NetDoc said:
My church continually accosts me with senseless acts of kindness intermixed with random acts of love!
TELL ME IT ISN'T SO, DOC, TELL ME IT ISN'T SO!! :D

Ulver

GodLovesUs said:
At this point I am still observing the person, I think I am being trick at the moment that everything is fine but I still think the evil spirit is around since this person still refuses to give up his new found power. I am not worried about it since now I know how to handle these evil spirits. I believe it is satan himself becuase this spirit said that he is God, the funny thing about is is the evil spirit said that he is scared cause I was too big, what cowards. If you are interested I will tell you how to fight and rest a person if he is possessed at least the ones I had experienced.

I think the sayings from this person originate in their mind (concious or sub-concious), but likely not from a diety/being/demon.

Although you say they have powers, which they may or may not have. I don't know, I haven't seen what you have and I wouldn't deny that they could indeed.

Could you describe it more?

greatcalgarian

GodLovesUs said:

Are you sure this person is possessed by evil spirit?

Did anyone see the way you see this person?

pdoel

I will try not to offend, but I kinda understand the original question.

In my experience, I have found that some Catholics do love to point the finger at sinners. How many times do you turn on the news and hear about where the Pope stands on this, or how Catholic Priests spoke out against Women becoming Priests or gay marriage.

I've known many Catholics who loved to tell people they were going to Hell because they are not Catholics. Catholicism also seems to be the strictest religion when it comes to marrying someone of a different faith.

There does some to be quite a bit of hypocracy. If you are Catholic and you marry someone who is Presbyterian, the Catholic Church will not recognize the marriage. However, they will be more than happy to allow you to come to Church every week and accept your offerings, but they will tell you in their eyes, you are not married and are a sinner.

They are also very strict when it comes to divorce. However, I've known MANY Catholics who forked over the $500 to the Church to have their marriages annulled, which allowed them to get remarried within the Catholic Church with no problem at all. It's harder to get a marriage annulled via the government, than it is in the Catholic Church. I know couples who were married for a decade or longer and had children, yet were able to get their marriage annulled in the eyes of the Church.

Not saying that Catholics are evil or anything. While I do not want divorce for myself, and have promised my partner I will be with him forever and ever (and will do whatever it takes to make that happen), I do see the need for divorces. There are definitely people out there who are better off a part, than they are together.

However, it's very difficult to hear people tell you that you are an abomination, that you're going to hell, that you're a sinner. Yet have them completely ignore their own sins.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
pdoel said:
I will try not to offend, but I kinda understand the original question.

In my experience, I have found that some Catholics do love to point the finger at sinners. How many times do you turn on the news and hear about where the Pope stands on this, or how Catholic Priests spoke out against Women becoming Priests or gay marriage.

I've known many Catholics who loved to tell people they were going to Hell because they are not Catholics. Catholicism also seems to be the strictest religion when it comes to marrying someone of a different faith.
Ok, as long as you noted it's your personal experience and don't attach it to the whole of the Church and what we teach.

pdoel said:
There does some to be quite a bit of hypocracy. If you are Catholic and you marry someone who is Presbyterian, the Catholic Church will not recognize the marriage.

Who told you this non-sense? Plenty of catholics are married to atheist, Protestants, and unicorns.

pdoel said:
However, they will be more than happy to allow you to come to Church every week and accept your offerings, but they will tell you in their eyes, you are not married and are a sinner.
Some more experience, ok. Not mine and many others.

pdoel said:
They are also very strict when it comes to divorce. However, I've known MANY Catholics who forked over the $500 to the Church to have their marriages annulled, which allowed them to get remarried within the Catholic Church with no problem at all. It's harder to get a marriage annulled via the government, than it is in the Catholic Church. I know couples who were married for a decade or longer and had children, yet were able to get their marriage annulled in the eyes of the Church.
I would rat out the Bishop that did that. Perhaps you've heard to many fairy tales from frustrated catholics?

pdoel said:
Not saying that Catholics are evil or anything.
I didn't even notice..:rolleyes:

pdoel said:
While I do not want divorce for myself, and have promised my partner I will be with him forever and ever (and will do whatever it takes to make that happen), I do see the need for divorces. There are definitely people out there who are better off a part, than they are together.
No qualms here.

pdoel said:
However, it's very difficult to hear people tell you that you are an abomination, that you're going to hell, that you're a sinner. Yet have them completely ignore their own sins.
I'm not sure where you live but I hardly hear catholics saying to others that they are going to hell. I personally hear it more from Protestant denominations but I know better then to attach bad comments and actions to an entire church. Perhaps this is too difficult a task for you.

~Victor

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
GodLovesUs,

There is a point which I think is worth noting. You say that the Church is 'covering up' some of their priest's misdeeds; perhaps so, although I would say that
a) The Church proffesses to spread 'Good' - so therefore, if there is any 'dirt', be sure someone will delight in bringing it up.

b)I don't think it is so much of cover ups as more a case of not wanting to wash their dirty linen out in public......and I can tell you, from having worked for a large Bank, that was just part of the day to day running of branches!

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I know that the Catholic church my wife and I attend do not recognize our marriage, because we where not married in a Catholic church. In fact, they have to validate my divorce from my 1st wife before we can even become full fledged members. These are some of the little things I have a problem with the church about.

Quiddity

jeffrey said:
I know that the Catholic church my wife and I attend do not recognize our marriage, because we where not married in a Catholic church. In fact, they have to validate my divorce from my 1st wife before we can even become full fledged members. These are some of the little things I have a problem with the church about.
Both of you were non-catholics before, right? That's the only reason I can think of why they would do that.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
jeffrey said:
I can see that as being disappointing for you, but all 'clubs' have rules, if you'll forgive the comparisson. I agree though, the Catholic church do have some rules they will not bend.....;)

Quiddity

michel said:
I can see that as being disappointing for you, but all 'clubs' have rules, if you'll forgive the comparisson. I agree though, the Catholic church do have some rules they will not bend.....;)
If I was looking for an institution to bend my way, I'd make my own religion that gave away free ice cream. You guys know that's not what it's all about I'm sure.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
We got divorced back in 1988. It was not a happy divorce. They had metal detectors in the courthouse. As I left, they went off. "HE'S GOT A QUARTER LEFT! HE'S GOT A QUARTER LEFT! I said I needed to call a friend, seeing you took my car. The judge replied "We're sorry, Mr. Gallandt, you have no friends... Your wife got them too..." :mad:

Quiddity

jeffrey said:
We got divorced back in 1988. It was not a happy divorce. They had metal detectors in the courthouse. As I left, they went off. "HE'S GOT A QUARTER LEFT! HE'S GOT A QUARTER LEFT! I said I needed to call a friend, seeing you took my car. The judge replied "We're sorry, Mr. Gallandt, you have no friends... Your wife got them too..." :mad:
So far I don't see why the Church won't recognize your marriage. Just be patient and understand that the Church has a very high view of marriage.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
It's the fact that they do not recognize our marriage,which was performed my a Pastor that my daughter knows. Legal. And my legal divorce, they want to contact my ex and ask her why.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Victor said:
If I was looking for an institution to bend my way, I'd make my own religion that gave away free ice cream. You guys know that's not what it's all about I'm sure.
I wasn't saying the Catholics are wrong, I was merely stating that they don't bend certain rules.........fair enough, like I said, you don't join a club to grumble about the rules.....;)

Quiddity

jeffrey said:
It's the fact that they do not recognize our marriage,which was performed my a Pastor that my daughter knows. Legal. And my legal divorce, they want to contact my ex and ask her why.
But why does this bother you? How are they supposed you weren't married in the Catholic Church already and left your wife and 9 kids in Mexico? Things like that.

Let's take this elsewhere Jeff. We're getting off topic. :) Start a thread in the Catholic section.

Quiddity

michel said:
I wasn't saying the Catholics are wrong, I was merely stating that they don't bend certain rules.........fair enough, like I said, you don't join a club to grumble about the rules.....;)
I agree. And I didn't take it in such a way that you were saying catholics are wrong. :) I was simply saying that people are the ones that need to bend.