• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hiprocracy of the Catholic Church

What is your opinion of the Catholic Church since 30 years ago it has looked the other way on priest's abuse of children and other parishioners? There are at least 70 cases that the catholic church of these abuses that it did not make public. What is their motivation, Loss of parishioners = money. Religion is not important, your faith is. I want to know your opinion.

Personally I we also asked the church for an exorcism and they did not even care to investigatge it. We went to cathedrals (yes even St Patricks) with special units and they automatically dismissed it as mental issues without investigation. As far as I know the Catholic church needs to review their own policy before instituting it to others. If I was a heavy contributor more than likely the church would not hesitate to assists.

God bless

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Well, I can see you are bitter about your experiences with the Catholic church.

Before people start responding to this thread, I feel the need to remind everyone of rule #4, which states: While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. We will allow faith to be debated and discussed by a member only when there is no hostile, rude, or insulting opinion of another's faith. These restrictions to an open debate or discussion also apply to material linked and/or quoted from another site. Our decision is final in these matters.

These forums will not be used as bash-fest against other religions.

Thanks!

A

angellous_evangellous

GodLovesUs said:
What is your opinion of the Catholic Church since 30 years ago it has looked the other way on priest's abuse of children and other parishioners? There are at least 70 cases that the catholic church of these abuses that it did not make public. What is their motivation, Loss of parishioners = money. Religion is not important, your faith is. I want to know your opinion.

Personally I we also asked the church for an exorcism and they did not even care to investigatge it. We went to cathedrals (yes even St Patricks) with special units and they automatically dismissed it as mental issues without investigation. As far as I know the Catholic church needs to review their own policy before instituting it to others. If I was a heavy contributor more than likely the church would not hesitate to assists.

God bless
Huh? :help:

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
I don't know how you can say all that and end it with "God Bless".
You have offered nothing but opinions and dirty things within the Church. I get tired of getting into these debates and just prefer to say GUILTY and tell people that the Church has sinners. Nothing new.

~Victor

My intention is not to offend but to share personal experiences and also factual records presented by the press. I was wondering if others had similar experiences. The argument for me is Religion versus Faith. I believe in God but not necessarily religion. In the end, my Judge would be God not my religion.

A

angellous_evangellous

GodLovesUs said:
My intention is not to offend but to share personal experiences and also factual records presented by the press. I was wondering if others had similar experiences. The argument for me is Religion versus Faith. I believe in God but not necessarily religion. In the end, my Judge would be God not my religion.
What? Where is it documented by the press? Are you in the news?

You won't find faith without religion in the Bible, being a product of the church.

Matt. 18 is the best example:
15"If your brother sins against you,[b] go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. 16But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'[c] 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Jesus gives a specific command to the church, but the church did not exist until after his death and resurrection. The church obviously put these words into the mouth of Christ, indicating church policies that were most likely based on his words:

Luke 17:3
So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.

You're right, God will judge us all if our religion is correct. May God have mercy on us all!

angellous_evangellous said:
What? Where is it documented by the press? Are you in the news?

You won't find faith without religion in the Bible, being a product of the church.

Matt. 18 is the best example:
15"If your brother sins against you,[b] go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. 16But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'[c] 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Jesus gives a specific command to the church, but the church did not exist until after his death and resurrection. The church obviously put these words into the mouth of Christ, indicating church policies that were most likely based on his words:

Luke 17:3
So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.

You're right, God will judge us all if our religion is correct. May God have mercy on us all!

I have seen The news are on the american major networks (last november) when the child abuse scandals came up again and the vatican announced that they will put better safeguards in place to avoid these events. I agree with Viktor that even in any religion there are sinners so thats another perspective to look at. In terms of religion, I still do not understand why people argue on which is the right religion. At least for me the loss of life is not worth the argument.

May we all live in Peace and be worthy to enter God's Kingdom.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
GodLovesUs said:

The argument for me is Religion versus Faith. I believe in God but not necessarily religion. In the end, my Judge would be God not my religion
I can understand, and empathise with that, because I am much the same. Having said that, I think from the tone of your posts you are a Christian.

A Christian would never rule out and entire religion because of some miscreants - oh yes, there are Catholic priests who behave in unChristian ways, just the same as there are members of any community who behave in ways which speak badly of what they stand for. That is no excuse to run a vendetta on all who practice a way of life in which some have been tempted, and have fallen from grace.

It isn't so much a matter of your belief in faith vs Religion; the tenets of the religion are above the religion itself, and your faith............and it seems to me, if I may suggest it, that that is what has happened to you (maybe without your realizing it).

I can only suggest that you meditate on what I have said, and look deep in your heart. Is it still full of Love ?

Dark_Waltz said:
Love your neighbour - except gays, protestants, and of course the women ;)
No, dear Dark_Waltz, I believe that is not true of the Catholic Church in general. I have seen the kindness of Catholic Charities in action. They are more than happy to help, women, Prostestants, and gays & (even gender freaks) if they can.

Thank you Cathoic Charities.:rainbow1:

A

angellous_evangellous

GodLovesUs said:
I have seen The news are on the american major networks (last november) when the child abuse scandals came up again and the vatican announced that they will put better safeguards in place to avoid these events. I agree with Viktor that even in any religion there are sinners so thats another perspective to look at. In terms of religion, I still do not understand why people argue on which is the right religion. At least for me the loss of life is not worth the argument.

May we all live in Peace and be worthy to enter God's Kingdom.
But you said "Personally I we also asked the church for an exorcism and they did not even care to investigatge it. We went to cathedrals (yes even St Patricks) with special units and they automatically dismissed it as mental issues without investigation."

michel said:
I can understand, and empathise with that, because I am much the same. Having said that, I think from the tone of your posts you are a Christian.

A Christian would never rule out and entire religion because of some miscreants - oh yes, there are Catholic priests who behave in unChristian ways, just the same as there are members of any community who behave in ways which speak badly of what they stand for. That is no excuse to run a vendetta on all who practice a way of life in which some have been tempted, and have fallen from grace.

It isn't so much a matter of your belief in faith vs Religion; the tenets of the religion are above the religion itself, and your faith............and it seems to me, if I may suggest it, that that is what has happened to you (maybe without your realizing it).

I can only suggest that you meditate on what I have said, and look deep in your heart. Is it still full of Love ?

Actually I am Catholic but started educating myself with the history that surrounds my religion. Made me wonder.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
All religions (and all walks of life for that matter) have their "wolves in sheeps clothing" if you will. All it takes is a few bad people or experiences (sometimes it just takes one) and then that whole group of people gets labled. People and society tend to only focus on the negetive aspects of life. If you look at all of the good the Catholic church has done around the world, the good outways the bad.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I agree with Mr. T. Is the Catholic Church any more hypcritical than other institutions?

angellous_evangellous said:
But you said "Personally I we also asked the church for an exorcism and they did not even care to investigatge it. We went to cathedrals (yes even St Patricks) with special units and they automatically dismissed it as mental issues without investigation."
I just wanted to share an experience that we had, on the exorcism hoping if its your turn that you have better luck with your churches/temples. The abuse cases should be documented in the press. There were actual grievances that the Catholic Church settled and acknowledged.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
GodLovesUs said:
Actually I am Catholic but started educating myself with the history that surrounds my religion. Made me wonder.
I do hope you share more of this with us. :)

Victor said:
I do hope you share more of this with us. :)
I was hoping people would share not just the good in their religion but the items/actions that might be questionable/ or viewed not so good. Like in my other posts Crusades, Spanish inquisition for me a waste of life. In the end the decisions were all made by men.

At least in my experience and in history, if you speak up against religion you are atomatically an evil man/ blasphamous (is this a word?). Hopefully my history is correct but I believe Gallileo was considered evil by the Church.

I know the devil lives on this earth so I wouldn't be surprised if it has infiltrated parts of the men/women who call themselves followers of God. ALL I know is I am weary of people who hide behind religion and this is why I believe in God more than religion at this stage.

Hope no one is offended cause I wish peace across all religions. A few men/women hears whispers of satan (in my opinion) that makes us fight amongst ourselves. The true enemy is satan not man/woman.

A

angellous_evangellous

GodLovesUs said:
I just wanted to share an experience that we had, on the exorcism hoping if its your turn that you have better luck with your churches/temples. The abuse cases should be documented in the press. There were actual grievances that the Catholic Church settled and acknowledged.
Was this thing resolved?