• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

hinduism

ksharma

Hello...
I am a 17 year old hindu boy and like most of the teenagers i like to masturbate...but during masturbation i get intrusive religious thougts about gods and goddesses.....and i know it is really really bad and i have tried to stop but i just cant give it up....pls help me i am in a really bad place....

Kalidas

Hello...
I am a 17 year old hindu boy and like most of the teenagers i like to masturbate...but during masturbation i get intrusive religious thougts about gods and goddesses.....and i know it is really really bad and i have tried to stop but i just cant give it up....pls help me i am in a really bad place....

Well... welcomed me to the forum :).

What do you want to end? That action or the thoughts.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Namaste, Ksharma. Welcome to RF.

Why do you think masturbation is "really, really bad?"

Maya3

I don't have a problem with masturbation. It is your body, you can do what you want with it. There is no body part that you cannot touch on your own body, it's no ones business.

What I wonder is if this is a serious question or not? It makes me a little uncomfortable honestly.

Maya

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I think we are being trolled. There have been like four of these threads in the past six months, all dealing with being a Hindu and a question regarding masturbation.​

Kalidas

I think we are being trolled. There have been like four of these threads in the past six months, all dealing with being a Hindu and a question regarding masturbation.​

You noticed that too yeah?

Same vocabulary and wording too.

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
Nah I don't think it's a troll. I also suffered from it..Pretty sure I posted a topic too. Just shows Hindu boys have sincere thoughts :p

Amrut

Aum - Advaita
Hello...

Hello,

Do you practice any kind of meditation? If yes, what kind of meditation?

Do you regularly read or listen to any discourses or shastras?

For an average spiritual person, masturbation is ok, but not daily, not even weekly.

Hari OM

Last edited:

Kalidas

Hinduism♥Krishna;3804596 said:
What's Masturbation ?

Is it okay if I PM you? That is a bit of personal question I do not think we should discuss over the forum

Kalidas

I think it is bad because i feel guilty after everytime i do it

Okay so the issue is the thoughts right? Well that I am not entirely sure how you can rid that short of using a "visual aid"(trying not to get to dirty here okay)

Honestly there is no reason to feel guilt or shame. I'm a sure a lot of people will disagree with me and I'm sure many scriptures will agree with them, but this is all based in a different time. A time when people got married at age 12(when puberty began), had sex and began birthing children at age 14-16 (when sexual tension meets hormones), and being 30 years old was considered "mid aged". Now people don't get married till their 25ish and yet puberty still begins at age 12. That is 13 years of sexual tension, crazed hormones, and desires getting unresolved. Honestly you are hurting no one, you are 17 no one expects you to be some wise guru sage that we need to gain spiritual enlightenment from, you have all these biological desires that you have no control over. Don't be so hard on yourself okay?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I will repeat my standard answer, worship Lord Hanuman, and do at least 50 push-ups and 100 sit-ups each day (Dand-Baithak). It is a medicine as well as penance for what the OP has done. All this because we have forgotten this and waste our time on TV and films.

hqdefault.jpg

Baba Ramdev of Patanjali Yoga Ashram.

Last edited:

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
Yeah, the really obtuse title of the thread tells me it's a troll too.

To the OP, if you are serious, I suggest to take Kalidas up on his offer and PM him so you can discuss this matter.

:camp:

Tyaga

Na Asat
Namaste,

Masturbation at your age is perfectly normal.Even Gods performed it.Read the story about the birth of Agastya & Vasishta MaitraVaruna :)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it is bad because i feel guilty after everytime i do it
But the question is WHY? What's the source of this feeling? Why does this make you feel more guilty than clipping your nails or peeing?

You can propose all sorts of magical "remedies," for a problem, but to come up with an effective remedy you usually have to understand the problem.