• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hinduism

non-duality

Hinduism

First I would like to tell you that I neither studied Hinduism nor I belive in Hinduism as an incontrovertible truth. However since I have lived five years in India, I have studied much about this religion. I also hurry to say that usually there is a big discrepancy is between the life of the founder of a religion and that of his followers hundreds or thousand years later.
For example was the original meaning of the caste system, that the influence of a man to the society should grow with the measure of his selflessness. It needs hadtly to be mentioned, that this caste system has become an instrument of suppressing today. Although it has arisen in the Hinduism, it is also practiced by other religions there. So for example in churches in which the lower castes must sit behind.

Contrary to the first impression the Hinduism is a monotheistic religion. Brahma is the highest divine. The is one without a second. It is the totality. Neither male nor female but also both of them at the same time. The creation and the creator at the same time. It is the very basis and the last reality. Brahma is never represented in temples, because it has no forms. It is everything that is. Brahma isn't adored because it includes the adorer. Brahma can only be recognized in everything.

The man who sees himself separated from God is a victim of the deluding power called "Maya". Maya creates the illusion of the duality. But: Maya doesn't hold us tight but we hold Maya tight. We can let off any time. And the deception has different depths. In its highest level it can lead a man who believes in it to nihilism. In the most subtle form of deception it lets us recognise ourselves as "individual souls" which stands before the total divinity "Isvara". This is the topmost form of the duality before the unity.

Shiva-Shakti is also established here: The consciousness aspect of Shiva and the divine energy Shakti. Shakti is the equivalent to the holy spirit or in Jewish religoin to the Shechina.
Both powers are interdependent, just as important and equal. It is represented as a person with the half from the male Shiva and with the other half from the female of Shakti.
If we go one step further we come onto the level of the trinity (ad so one step further into the illusion):

Bramah, Vishnu and Shiva.

All three divine aspects are interdependent, just as important and equal.
Bramah (not mistake for Brahma) is the creating aspect of God. He has four heads. Every head looks into a direction. To this creator God only two temples are dedicated to whole India.
Vishnu is the sustaining aspect of God.
He is the sustainer of the universe and the avatars come out of him. In the faith of the Hindus an avatar is the divine that comes onto the earth to save it from the chaos and resurrect the divine order (charity).
Shiva has besides his aspect of consciousness in the duality the aspect of the dissolving and renewal (reincarnation) in the trinity. Parvathi is Shivas wife. Parvathi (nature) is Shaktis lower aspect. Shiva-Parvathi is frequently represented at temples in the sexual intercourse:
The consciousness penetrates in nature and offers her the direct contact to the divine.
By the way: the cow Nandi is Shiva's vehicle. That's why the cows are sacred. And caution: The cows know they are sacred!
Now a colossal potential would come to mythology, that would blast every frame now. It is referred to the Mahâbhâratha.
Nahmaste! (God in me greets God in you!)

akshar

you have made a mistake, its not your spelling its brahma, if your not gonna spell it right when you know its wrong then dont try

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
In the Hindu Trinity, Brahma is the creative force of God. The highest name for God is Om. Even in the Bible, it is said that in the beginning was the word and the word was God. Scientists have affirmed that the first sound out of creation was Om. I disagree that Hinduism is not an incontrovertible truth. All religions have different practices but they all lead to one Truth. That one truth is God. The same God we all pray to. I agree that the caste system is blown out of proportion. Hinduism does not promote this segregation because the Bhagvad Gita states that a true devotee sees the Lord equally in all creatures. Furthermore, when the Lord manifested as Shri Ram in the Holy Ramayan, he ate from the same food as Sevari – a low caste and he blessed her. As for the cows, they represent mother because when we are babies and we cannot get our mother’s milk, cow’s milk sustains us. No one wants to kill their mother and eat her.