• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hinduism is Scientific - Carl Sagan (Astronomer)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This is it? The whole of your evidence for the claim that Hinduism is scientific?

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
This is it? The whole of your evidence for the claim that Hinduism is scientific?

Namaste,

When Hindus usually talk about science, they leave religion out of it. Sadly, it was not the case this time.

I knew a Hindu who worked for NASA. She would say she didn't believe in god while she was working and doing research. But, on the weekends, one could see her at the local temples offering puja/prayers. Plus, she was one of my cousins' lab partners back in college and they always kept in touch. She was from Slovenia; she was a Hare Krishna. She still is. I admire how Hindus can keep apart the two most of the times.

M.V.

Last edited:
Sunstone This is one of the evidence why iam submitting here is no one can deney carl sagan in physics if i say the same thing they will ask evidence. I Know the whole of Hinduism is a Great Spiritual Science Which is Even Greater than Science . Science has to still discover so many things which sanathana dharma already Know. and I am A Great Spiritual Scientist.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sunstone This is one of the evidence why iam submitting here is no one can deney carl sagan in physics if i say the same thing they will ask evidence. I Know the whole of Hinduism is a Great Spiritual Science Which is Even Greater than Science . Science has to still discover so many things which sanathana dharma already Know. and I am A Great Spiritual Scientist.

How would you define "science"? What makes something a science?

In Normal Science there are 2 Parts Inventions and Discoveries , Invention is creating something new , discovery is Discovering something which already existed. theory of gravity is discovered by Newton, even before he discovered that it was there, Similarly there are so many Discoveries which has been discovered by sanathana dharma about more subtle things which science has to discover.

Sunstone if u have some basic intelligence u will understand this, otherwis u r missing something important

Last edited:

FranklinMichaelV.3

In Normal Science there are 2 Parts Inventions and Discoveries , Invention is creating something new , discovery is Discovering something which already existed. theory of gravity is discovered by Newton, even before he discovered that it was there, Similarly there are so many Discoveries which has been discovered by sanathana dharma about more subtle things which science has to discover.

That doesn't prove itself scientific. Scriptures record experiences and insights from experiences people have had with each other and the environment. It doesn't show a true scientific process though. It just shows the wonder that people have.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Sunstone if u have some basic intelligence u will understand this, otherwis u r missing something important

Your description of what makes for a science seems to me strikingly superficial or, at best, incomplete. (And that's despite your having committed the logical fallacy of poisoning the well.)

FranklinMichaelV.3

process is not scientific but the end Result is same.

No the beginning are similar it's an examination of the physical world which is available to all, the scientific process is the explanation and application. It takes what was once just attributed spiritually and shows it in a natural light.

Begining is not similar Iam speaking Quantum mechanics and Cosmology onluy end is similar. you r speaking from where u r .

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
FranklinMichaelV.3
Sunstone

Can u give definition of science

So far as I understand it, science can be defined as an activity conducted according to any of several methods or procedures that crucially rely on empirical observation and rigorously logical reasoning to create explanatory or predictive models of natural phenomenon. At least ideally, the facts upon which the models are based are intersubjectively verifiable. However, the predictions themselves must be intersubjectively verifiable.

Does that help? If you wish, I will try to unpack for you what all that is intended to mean.

Last edited:

freethinker44

You know what else is scientific? Science.

Seriously though, why do religious people need to find some connection with science in their religious beliefs? Are you trying to prove to me or yourself that your beliefs aren't ridiculous? I can save you the trouble and let you know that you will never prove to me that your beliefs are credible unless you can scientifically prove your god exists.

Science is basically just human knowledge about the natural world and universe, so, since I believe all religion was created by humans it would actually shock me if there wasn't any science referenced. If you want a source for science, just read a science book, you'll learn more.

FranklinMichaelV.3

Begining is not similar Iam speaking Quantum mechanics and Cosmology onluy end is similar. you r speaking from where u r .

You would need a very superficial and simplistic definition of quantum mechanics and cosmology to even make that connection.

But what does it matter if it is scientific? It's your religion it gives you peace if you need to reconcile it with the natural world focus on the parts that teach about how we should be treating people.

Why i am Specifying That hindu religion is scientific is that i wanted to prove that it is not superstitious , and the real truth has been distorted and presented to our own people and they believe that, In the name of superficial rationalism which doesn't have depth, hinduism is disrespected. and a beatiful Group of Spiritual Traditions have been Abused by Superficial Logicians who Doesnt have any higher experience in Life. Hinduism is not a religion in the sense we say in the context of other religions. Hinduism is Group of religions and it gives freedom and respect to choose your Way for Liberation.

It is the Context which gives the meaning not other wise.

Logic is Superficial It Doesnt have any Depth, it has only width.

Experience 0f higher cognition is has Depth, But not width.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Why i am Specifying That hindu religion is scientific is that i wanted to prove that it is not superstitious...

If what you mostly mean by "scientific" is "lacking superstition", then your posts make a lot more sense. However, you might want to consider other words besides "scientific" with which to make your point, since many of us, I would suggest, find your usage of "scientific" confusing.

Philomath

Sadhaka
Every religion has at least one thing that corroborates with science. I usually don't see these kinds of threads from Hindu's because we generally don't feel the need to prove our religion.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Sunstone This is one of the evidence why iam submitting here is no one can deney carl sagan in physics if i say the same thing they will ask evidence.

Just because someone is an authority in a specific scientific field doesn't mean he/she is can speak with authority on other matters.

Sagan was an amazing mind. That doesn't mean everything he said is absolutely true.