• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hinduism Book Recommendations

Sharmaji

Not sure if anyone really teaches that well. Arsha Vidya Gurukkulam in Pennsylvania comes to mind. Personally, I'm a Saiva Siddhantin. Our view is slightly different than most, as we see the 'yogas' as progressive stages, starting with good conduct, 9what others term karma yoga)and then to bhakti. That said, all of my sampradaya's teaching are free. As per traditional understanding, it should all be free. (dakshina excluded)
Thank you. I’m not sure what type of yoga Shaktas usually practice I’ll have to find out. The sort of Kundalini/Shakti yoga classes over here have nothing to do with it’s true origin.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. focus is mostly set on achieving a certain level of fitness...
For physical fitness, join a gym. Read more. There are some topics in this forum where members have written about how they meditate. Perhaps that will be useful. I do not believe in Kundalini, etc.

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
Thank you. I’m not sure what type of yoga Shaktas usually practice I’ll have to find out. The sort of Kundalini/Shakti yoga classes over here have nothing to do with it’s true origin.

As a Shakta I can confirm that certain terms and practices associated with Goddess worship have been muddied to the point where it's extremely difficult to figure out the exact nature of the yogic path. However, from my own reading and experience is good to start with exploring the basic four common to all Hindus - Karma, Jnana, Raja and Bhakti.

Tantric practices probably fall mostly under Raja Yoga, since it's very much ritual and mysticism based. I'm still reading more about it. David Frawley is a good source.

Sharmaji

For physical fitness, join a gym. Read more. There are some topics in this forum where members have written about how they meditate. Perhaps that will be useful. I do not believe in Kundalini, etc.
Nah I wouldn’t want to join a gym ever as when it comes to fitness I’m more into losing as much weight as I can and look slightly toned, so gym is not for me plus it will be so expensive on the long term. I don’t know anything about this Kundalini awakening it’s a clever marketing tool I guess; just like the whole enlightenment/new age stuff taught by guys like Eckhart Tolle, yet so many fancy it.

Sharmaji

As a Shakta I can confirm that certain terms and practices associated with Goddess worship have been muddied to the point where it's extremely difficult to figure out the exact nature of the yogic path. However, from my own reading and experience is good to start with exploring the basic four common to all Hindus - Karma, Jnana, Raja and Bhakti.

Tantric practices probably fall mostly under Raja Yoga, since it's very much ritual and mysticism based. I'm still reading more about it. David Frawley is a good source.
So very happy to connect with fellow Shaktas. There are so many sexual tantric practitioners or Kundalini awakening gurus over here and people keep paying for this stuff just to get a kick out of it. I’m always bewaffled how often we allow ourselves to be manipulated by fancy words and marketing. I’m still trying to find proper Shakta literature but only a handful is available.

ajay0

Nah I wouldn’t want to join a gym ever as when it comes to fitness I’m more into losing as much weight as I can and look slightly toned, so gym is not for me plus it will be so expensive on the long term. I don’t know anything about this Kundalini awakening it’s a clever marketing tool I guess; just like the whole enlightenment/new age stuff taught by guys like Eckhart Tolle, yet so many fancy it.

Kundalini awakening is an important aspect of Shakta practice. It is important to understand this vital component as the surge of prana or energy involved with it will not be handled properly unless one leads a regulated and disciplined life of yama-niyamas.