• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hinduism avatars

Labbehanz

Hey, I have been into hinduism lately, and I have read alot about Vishnu. Vishnu sends down avatars to maintain the earth. But what happends when the last avatar comes down to the earth? Does the world end? This might be a stupid question. But I am just curios.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey, I have been into hinduism lately, and I have read alot about Vishnu. Vishnu sends down avatars to maintain the earth. But what happends when the last avatar comes down to the earth? Does the world end? This might be a stupid question. But I am just curios.

I don’t know about the specifics of the Kalki Avatar or the 10th Avatar of Vishnu. Krishna was the 8th and Buddha the 9th.

In the Bhagavad Gita says:

Whenever there is a decline in righteousness and an increase in unrighteousness, O Arjun, at that time I manifest myself on earth.

Chapter 4, Verse 7 – Bhagavad Gita, The Song of God – Swami Mukundananda

The world didn’t literally end when Krishna and Buddha came along. What would be different for the Kalki Avatar?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
But what happends when the last avatar comes down to the earth?
The Kalki Purana relays the idea of Vishnu's 25th incarnation, to rid the world of Adharmic (sinful) behavior...

He comes riding a white horse, and battles them with his skills in debate; yet eventually just removes the wicked with fire, and then brings in the Age of Enlightenment (Satya Yuga).

He comes from a Place of Peace (Shambhala).
Does the world end?
Eventually that will happen at Mahapralaya, which is where everything becomes the Source of Reality Brahman, and then is recreated again.

In my opinion. :innocent:

The Anointed

From the Dictionary of all Scripture and Myths, "Kalki or Kalkin, who is yet to appear at the close of the fourth or Kalki age, when the world has become wholly depraved, for the final destruction of the wicked; for the re-establishment of righteousness upon the earth, and the renovation of all creation with a return to a new age of purity (satya-yuga)

According to some, He (Vishnu) will be revealed in the sky, seated on a white horse, with a drawn sword in his hand, blazing like a comet."___ Mon, Williams, Indian wisdom, p.335.

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
The Puranic religion (about 1400 years old) has so many mythical beliefs, I would not let it worry you too much.;)

Satyamavejayanti

Namaste,

According to the belief of some Vaishnavite and non Vaishnava Hindus, Kalki will take avatar at around 430000 years from 3102BC (approx Hindu dates) during the Kali yuga, and will remove the Adharmic forces and establish Dharma again, which will mark the beginning of the Satya Yuga and end of Kali Yuga. and the whole thing keeps going in a cyclical process until Brahma sleeps again (which is billions of years).

But i don't know exactly how many Hindus believe in this literally to come true.

Plus it is of no importance to Many Hindus right now, as we have a long time to wait.

Leona Sorros

The main aim of Avatar is to Establish Dharma. The last avatar of Vishnu known as Kalki can be understood literally. You should be aware of the direct meaning of the word Kalki, it means 'dirty'. Usually, people from Devaloka or Heaven visit earth in the three-time periods but in Kali Yuga no one does. It is a spiritually corrupted age. Metaphorically it is dirty age, so Kalki comes from his highest abode to the 'dirty' place to end the dirt. You can think of lotus to understand the context, it rises from the dirt and mud. In the same way, Kalki goes inside the dirty Kali Yuga so that he could rise first and make people rise from it.