• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hinduism and Sim Theory?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Question: What do Hindus think of all this?

I think Simulation Theory has similarities with Hinduism.

But my knowledge of Hinduism is somewhat scant.

So apologies if I've misunderstood anything!

I'd like to know what people - especially Hindus - think of this:

simtheoryhinduism.png
The concept of Brahman is therefore equivalent to the concept of a Supreme Being, and as far as humans are concerned, the Gods play a similar role to The Over-Seers. Maya is like The Simulation, and people are people!

In case it's not clear, "The Over-Seers" are those who live in "base reality" - the "real" world outside The Simulation. They created and maintain The Simulation. And The Simulation is the simulated dimension of reality in which we humans reside.

Also, I believe it is possible to exit The Simulation, and was wondering if there is a parallel to that in Hinduism?

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member

View attachment 42075
The concept of Brahman is therefore equivalent to the concept of a Supreme Being, and as far as humans are concerned, the Gods play a similar role to The Over-Seers. Maya is like The Simulation, and people are people!

In case it's not clear, "The Over-Seers" are those who live in "base reality" - the "real" world outside The Simulation. They created and maintain The Simulation. And The Simulation is the simulated dimension of reality in which we humans reside.

Also, I believe it is possible to exit The Simulation, and was wondering if there is a parallel to that in Hinduism?
Is this something to do with mobile phones? :D

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

View attachment 42075

A couple of differences I see immediately are that gods of Hinduism are a part of maya (the "simulation"), at least in Vedantic philosophy. People are also a part of maya. Only Brahman is real.

Last edited:

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה

View attachment 42075

Given your reversion to the embrace of simulation theory would it be terrible for me to organize a forum poll to give forum members an opportunity to vote on how long it will be before you again claim to be the Messiah? Maybe there should be an intermediary poll as to when Butterfly will re-embraced by you.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
in the image replace Brahman with Ishwara, then that is OK. Of course, many people take Brahman as the Supreme Being. But there are some like me for whom Brahman is not God but an entity which constitutes all things in the universe. In this view Brahman is none other than a brick (unit) with which any form could be made. A human or an animal, or vegetation or even a non-living substance. This Brahman is changeless, eternal, form-independent and uninvolved in the affairs of the world. While in other views Brahman or Ishwara creates 'maya' (iillusion of the universe, samsara), in the other view 'maya' comes up just because of the existence of Brahman. I hold this view. This is under the broad umbrella of 'Advaita' (non-duality), i.e., what exists is one, there is no second.

For your statement: "The concept of Brahman is therefore equivalent to the concept of a Supreme Being, ..", I would say "not always". There are other views as well.
Yes, it is possible to get out of it (you do not really get out of it till you live), what is meant is that you can understand the mechanism of simulation - scientifically (referring to quarks, atoms, gravity, curvature of the universe, relativity, uncertainty, probability, chaos and Quantum mechanics). That is enlightenment, jnana, nirvana, moksha, jeevan-mukti, being free of ignorance.

Last edited:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Given your reversion to the embrace of simulation theory would it be terrible for me to organize a forum poll to give forum members an opportunity to vote on how long it will be before you again claim to be the Messiah? Maybe there should be an intermediary poll as to when Butterfly will re-embraced by you.
Hi @RabbiO

I can assure you that I am never again going to declare myself Messiah:

I do not claim to have any special relationship to the Supreme Being. The Simulation maybe, but not the Supreme Being.

A belief in me being the (or even "a") Messiah would be incompatible with Simulation Theory

And if I were to claim to be anything extraordinary I'd claim to be a simple "agent of The Simulation", which is a thing I believe many people are, both known and unknown...

And his original (and current) name is Madaba - we renamed him Butterfly for a short while but that was just a phase

Edit: Also, if you can recall the events of 2018 when I claimed to be Messiah then you will see that I dropped that claim as soon as I switched to Sim Theory, so me re-embracing Sim Theory will not lead to me declaring myself Messiah. It cannot. When I believed I was Messiah I did not believe in Sim Theory. The two are different.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

View attachment 42075

As a follower of Hindu philosophy I can see the similarities.

Here's what I might add. The 'people' are incarnated by rays of the Supreme Being and reincarnate getting gradually smarter until they gradually learn that they are the Supreme Being at source.

It's all the Supreme Being role playing as a play/drama.

George-ananda

Premium Member

View attachment 42075

One question about your Sim theory. What if anything happens to people when they die?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
One question about your Sim theory. What if anything happens to people when they die?
I can only speak for my own personal version...

But I believe there is a system of reincarnation in effect, which is informed by a system of moral credit that's basically a version of Karma...

I believe that if you live an exemplary life, and/or are an exceptional person then you may exit The Simulation and live alongside the Over-Seers in "base reality" (the outside world), if they want the pleasure of your company. But you'd live as an android. I also believe that if you are truly evil then into the bin you'll go. No more reincarnation for you. Just annihilation. But you'd have to be very evil to have this happen to you.

Those are my beliefs on the matter.

George-ananda

Premium Member
I can only speak for my own personal version...

But I believe there is a system of reincarnation in effect, which is informed by a system of moral credit that's basically a version of Karma...

I believe that if you live an exemplary life, and/or are an exceptional person then you may exit The Simulation and live alongside the Over-Seers in "base reality" (the outside world), if they want the pleasure of your company. But you'd live as an android. I also believe that if you are truly evil then into the bin you'll go. No more reincarnation for you. Just annihilation. But you'd have to be very evil to have this happen to you.

Those are my beliefs on the matter.
So what happens to the average so-so person when they die.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
So what happens to the average so-so person when they die.
Reincarnation happens. You get reincarnated over and over, again and again.

And I believe that as a rule, humans are normally reincarnated as humans, as opposed to as non-human beings.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Reincarnation happens. You get reincarnated over and over, again and again.

And I believe that as a rule, humans are normally reincarnated as humans, as opposed to as non-human beings.
That pretty much is similar to Hinduism. For reincarnation to occur your Sim theory must include that we have something akin to a soul that collects karma and continues on.

Between incarnations, does your Sim theory include afterlife/astral/heaven planes too?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
That pretty much is similar to Hinduism. For reincarnation to occur your Sim theory must include that we have something akin to a soul that collects karma and continues on.

Between incarnations, does your Sim theory include afterlife/astral/heaven planes too?
Yes, I believe all inhabitants have what might be called an enduring soul, but what I prefer to call "consciousness" - to which karma is assigned, and which is the thing that gets reincarnated.

And yes, I believe there may be transitory states between reincarnations but have no idea how any of that works. I think we humans only need to know the very basics.