• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hinduism and Christianity

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I can directly quote from the Gita and the Upanisads showing that the world is of the same essence as Brahman.
They (heavens and hells) are all non-eternal.

On the other hand, I can directly quote from the Holy Bible showing 'they' ( the heavens ) are eternal.
Psalms 148:6 mentions the heavens, and in verses 4 and 6 as being established forever and ever.
The Earth too, God purposes that our Earth abides forever according to Ecclesiastes 1:4 B.

As far as the Bible's hell: it is non-eternal in that after everyone is delivered up (meaning resurrected) out of biblical hell, then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into a symbolic ' second death ' for vacated biblical hell- Revelation 20:13-14
So, unlike the permanent and eternal non-biblical hell (which is often wrongly taught as being Scripture), the Bible's hell, the grave, is only temporary and will come to a final end in ' second death ' for biblical hell.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
On the other hand, I can directly quote from the Holy Bible showing 'they' ( the heavens ) are eternal.
Psalms 148:6 mentions the heavens, and in verses 4 and 6 as being established forever and ever.
The Earth too, God purposes that our Earth abides forever according to Ecclesiastes 1:4 B.

As far as the Bible's hell: it is non-eternal in that after everyone is delivered up (meaning resurrected) out of biblical hell, then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into a symbolic ' second death ' for vacated biblical hell- Revelation 20:13-14
So, unlike the permanent and eternal non-biblical hell (which is often wrongly taught as being Scripture), the Bible's hell, the grave, is only temporary and will come to a final end in ' second death ' for biblical hell.
We were discussing what Hindu texts say on the matter.

omega2xx

Hinduism places trust in its scriptures and its countless seers and rishi-s who affirm these ideas to be true by direct realization from the ancient times (Rig Veda) to modern times (Vivekananda, Aurobindo and many others). Do you have anything useful to say apart from you don't follow it? Its kind of obvious that in an interfaith discussion forum, people of different faiths follow different faiths.

How do they prove it? My personal experiences refute most of your doctrines and spiritual doctrines can't be proved.

Do you have anything useful to say, except that you believe your doctrines?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
How do they prove it? My personal experiences refute most of your doctrines and spiritual doctrines can't be proved.

Do you have anything useful to say, except that you believe your doctrines?
My personal experience refutes yours. Next?

omega2xx

I'm not the only one that keeps saying " Well that is the pot calling the kettle black." Am I?

In that case would you mind proving some of your doctrine? Otherwise that really is all this is. May I say though you make a fine pot.

The post I replied to said Hindu writings say their is no hell.

Show me how you know that is true and I will discuss any Christian doctrine you ask me to.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you going to show me how you know there is no hell or just keep changing the subject?
No eternal hell. All worlds and places, heavens and hells and earths are places (worlds) with things with shape, structure and causality and time. Hence they are subject to change, growth, transformation and decay. Thus all heavens and hells are transitory. Time runs slower in heavens as being more perfect, change is slower...while it runs faster in hells where constant and rapid change is the norm.

I know all this both from scriptures (Gita etc.) and from spiritual revelation through meditation.

Now, how do you know that hell and heaven are eternal?

omega2xx

None of that is Biblical.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Answer my question and I will answer yours. I ask first.
I can't answer something that I believe is based on an assumption rather than evidence. You assume that there is one based on what the Bible says, maybe not even on what the Bible says. The fact that there are more religions that teach there is no hell is evidence that there probably isn't a literal hell.

omega2xx

No eternal hell. All worlds and places, heavens and hells and earths are places (worlds) with things with shape, structure and causality and time. Hence they are subject to change, growth, transformation and decay. Thus all heavens and hells are transitory. Time runs slower in heavens as being more perfect, change is slower...while it runs faster in hells where constant and rapid change is the norm.

I know all this both from scriptures (Gita etc.) and from spiritual revelation through meditation.

Now, how do you know that hell and heaven are eternal?

I know it from the Bible. If the Bible is true, then you only think you know it from spiritual revelation and meditation. IOW you believe it because you want to believe it. Nothing wrong with that.

It is spiritually illogical to use 2 sets of Scriptures that contradict each other. Both can't be right.

Lorgar-Aurelian

The post I replied to said Hindu writings say their is no hell.

Show me how you know that is true and I will discuss any Christian doctrine you ask me to.
I don't think either of you have any evidence to back up either view which is why I said that is the pot calling the kettle black. I would say the if the Hindu writings said there was no hell (which is not even what the post said all they said was there is no eternal hell.) then they are at least closer to the truth. Considering there is no good reason as far as I can tell to believe in hell. Let alone any evidence.

omega2xx

I can't answer something that I believe is based on an assumption rather than evidence. You assume that there is one based on what the Bible says, maybe not even on what the Bible says. The fact that there are more religions that teach there is no hell is evidence that there probably isn't a literal hell.

This is not about what I believe. The one who started this thread said there is no hell. You agreed. Where is your evidence? It is amusing and illogical to me when people use writing that contradict each other as their source of truth.

RedDragon94

This is not about what I believe.
You're making it about what you believe.
The one who started this thread said there is no hell. You agreed. Where is your evidence?
More religions say there is no literal hell than those who do. That's evidence.
It is amusing and illogical to me when people use writing that contradict each other as their source of truth.
I don't buy into one way of thinking. No religion has it 100% correct, be your own judge.

omega2xx

I don't think either of you have any evidence to back up either view which is why I said that is the pot calling the kettle black.

You are right. WE both believe what we believe based on the writings of our religion, which is based on faith, not evidence.

I would say the if the Hindu writings said there was no hell (which is not even what the post said all they said was there is no eternal hell.)

You are right about that also but it doesn't change the need to show the evidence for a statement made.

then they are at least closer to the truth.

What evidence do you have to support that OPINION?

Considering there is no good reason as far as I can tell to believe in hell. Let alone any evidence.

When you become omniscient, I will take your OPINIONS more seriously

omega2xx

You're making it about what you believe.

No, I am making it about what we both believe based on what writing we believe.

More religions say there is no literal hell than those who do. That's evidence.

No it isn't. Truth is NEVER determined by a majority.

I don't buy into one way of thinking.

No one has ask you to.

No religion has it 100% correct,

You don't know that.

be your own judge.

Praying to know the truth is better than that suggestion.

RedDragon94

No, I am making it about what we both believe based on what writing we believe.
I don't believe any one writing.
No it isn't. Truth is NEVER determined by a majority.
Why do you believe that?
No one has ask you to.
Except you. That's the whole reason why you're here is to get people to think like you.
You don't know that.
How do you know you've got the right brand of Christianity when there's 40,000 varieties?
Praying to know the truth is better than that suggestion.
And what kind of results do you receive from that?

omega2xx

I don't believe any one writing.

I haven't ask you to.

Why do you believe that?

In the past the majority has been wrong on some things

Except you. That's the whole reason why you're here is to get people to think like you.

How do you know that?

How do you know you've got the right brand of Christianity when there's 40,000 varieties?

How do you know I don't have the right brand? Are you really qualified to determine the right one?

And what kind of results do you receive from that?

Peace of mind. Do you have that about whatever you believe?