• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

hindu....in dire need of help

K Sharma

Hi all, i am 19 years old hindu boy who like very teenage boy masturbates. However, over past 2 years i have been struggling with something that i like to call semen fear. This means that after masturbating i feel as if semen is all around. All over my phone, my hands, my clothes etc. I never masturbate in my bed. I usually do it in the shower but even after taking a shower i dont feel clean. The situation has got much worse, if i see any white spots or marks or even dry skin on my hands i think that it is semen and then i wash my hands. The reason i do this is because i am very religious and i think to myself if i dont clean myself over and over i am breaking religious rules and commiting a sin. Strangely, i dont feel any of this after peeing and i dont feel a need to wash my hands over and over. Somehow, i think our religion deems semen impurer than urine. Please help me. What do u think i should do. Is there anyone out there who is going through this. what does our religion say about semen impurity and is all that i am feeling unnecessary.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The reason i do this is because i am very religious and i think to myself if i dont clean myself over and over i am breaking religious rules and commiting a sin.

It's called spermatophobia http://www.ivyroses.com/Define/Spermatophobia @Terese is correct. A visit to a psychiatrist is in order, perhaps for cognitive behavioral therapy and/or anti-anxiety medication. There is nothing wrong with masturbating, there is no sin, you are not breaking any religious laws, you will not be reborn as an artichoke for "bad karma" from waxing the surfboard. Otherwise there would be no human males (or female, for that matter), just a planet full of artichoke fields. There are so many taboos, myths and superstitions surrounding a perfectly natural (and fun ;)) biological action they cause undo stress and anxiety, especially for a young guy. The only time I think it's a problem is when one is so addicted to it that it interferes with normal life.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You have heard the adage - 'Empty mind is a devil's workshop'. So, my suggestion is that you should start exercises. Say about 50 push-ups and a 100 sit-ups. This will restore your mental balance. That you post the same thing twice in the same forum also is a psychological problem.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

First of all, there is nothing wrong or "sinful" (what does this word even means...) in masturbating. Unless you're a brahmachari or something, there is no need to repress it.
It can become a problem tho, when it is done in very high frequencies or things like that, it can shows some kind of physical or psychological disorder. But pretty much like everything ! Eating chocolates is fine, eating 10 boxes of chocolate a day leads to trouble. Eating vegetables is fine ! Engulfing 15 kilos of broccoli in one meal will be detrimental for your health.

See what I mean ?

As others said above, what you feel/see can be a sign of some kind of disorder, do consult a psychologist about that. The thing you can do on your side, tho, is to stop thinking touching yourself is some kind of sin that will lead you to some kind of hell or whatever. It is something natural. It's a natural need and urge from our bodies and it's totally okay as long as it is not abused.

Aum Namah Shivaya

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Why do you think we need to know you are a Hindu? It is irrelevant, unless you are seeking a "religious response".

Ok - the religious response is start hatha yoga classes, and if all you can think of is this and some spiderweb of sperm choking you to death, you are going to flunk out of school and ruin your future. So get some hobby, study your math and science, and take up hatha yoga.

Worship the sun in the morning and night.

Now the non-religious answer. Do you have a bike? Start peddling. Play footbal? Join a team. Soccer? Ok.

Do you have a car? If not, get one. Start driving around and see things. Get a muscle car. Better yet, buy a Harley and start biking on a motorcycle. Get out of your stupid bedroom, you dope.