• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hindu Extremism; melagaon, Mecca and more

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Often religious Terror and extremist ideas are thought to exist only in Christianity and Islam. But a few are shared by an eastern religion that had diversity as it's primary focus... As someone who subscribes to their beliefs, it is gross to see on the news about Hindu Terror.

Today's verdict puts the term out in bright lights.
Hindu extremist and ultra conservative groups still run openly in India, often allegedlly preaching communally divisive words.
But many still refrain from using the term "Hindu extremism" or "Hindu terrorism".

So, is this term valid?
Also state your reasons.

Last edited:

4consideration

Premium Member
(Stick to the subject instead of bringing other religions and political parties into this)
This is very humorous considering you have already brought other religions into the conversation, especially with the derogatory choice of word "ooze."

Often religious Terror and extremist ideas ooze out of Christianity and Islam.

Are you intentionally trolling these groups? You've gotten a jab in already, then announced people should not bring them up. You brought them up. What happens, do you insult them first then insult them for wanting to defend themselves?

People are people. Any group is likely to have fringe/extremist elements. If there are Hindu groups committing terrorist acts on the basis of religion, I think it is ok to refer to them as Hindu Terrorists.

Subhankar Zac

This is very humorous considering you have already brought other religions into the conversation, especially with the derogatory choice of word "ooze."

Are you intentionally trolling these groups? You've gotten a jab in already, then announced people should not bring them up. You brought them up. What happens, do you insult them first then insult them for wanting to defend themselves?

People are people. Any group is likely to have fringe/extremist elements. If there are Hindu groups committing terrorist acts on the basis of religion, I think it is ok to refer to them as Hindu Terrorists.

Apologies for the write up and offending you.
Wasn't my intention to say it like that.

4consideration

Premium Member
Apologies for the write up and offending you.
Wasn't my intention to say it like that.
Thank you for saying that, but I don't feel personally offended. I don't use either label, and have not followed an organized approach for many years.

I pointed it out because IME when comments like that are in an OP it tends to derail a thread because of the emotional reaction it prompts.

Subhankar Zac

Thank you for saying that, but I don't feel personally offended. I don't use either label, and have not followed an organized approach for many years.

I pointed it out because IME when comments like that are in an OP it tends to derail a thread because of the emotional reaction it prompts.

I realize that.
I personally have issues with these two faiths but I'd never target in public with stereotypes.
I guess not speaking in English for the last 2 years with msny people, I've lost touch and getting more in tuned with my regional language. I'll surely be careful in the future while posting such sensitive comments.
It's just last night an alleged terrorist related to a Hindu radical group was released from jail.
And political parties on both sides about the existence of Hindu terrorism. Being a Hindu myself, it she hurt to see Hindu taking violent communal steps against Muslims, mainly pilgrims with children.
That got Me start this thread.
Thank you for understanding though. :)