• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary's Email "Scandal" turn out to be a Republican Nothingburger

Shad

Veteran Member
So the emails weren't clearly labeled "classified?"

The emails were labelled "c" which means classified. Clinton was briefed on this. Ignorance of the law is not a defense. Again it was not that Clinton couldn't see the "c". Comey is let her off on ignorance or ageism. Clinton is too old to understand what "c" means and/ot is too old to remember her briefing. Yet the DoJ has filed charges against her staff due to the email because not being over 60 means something something.

She is also guilty of destroying evidence as devices used with the server were destroyed after a Congressional request for any writings or recording relevant to the server

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The emails were labelled "c" which means classified. Clinton was briefed on this. Ignorance of the law is not a defense. Again it was not that Clinton couldn't see the "c". Comey is let her off on ignorance or ageism. Clinton is too old to understand what "c" means and/ot is too old to remember her briefing. Yet the DoJ has filed charges against her staff due to the email because not being over 60 means something something.

She is also guilty of destroying evidence as devices used with the server were destroyed after a Congressional request for any writings or recording relevant to the server
Ignorance of the law can be a valid defense. "c" doesn't strike me as a clear and prominent indication that a document is to be treated as secret.

You seem to think Clinton's engaged in some illegitimate activity for nefarious ends. The Republicans delighted in painting her as an evil, scheming woman. Is this your opinion?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
... More so her former staff are being charged at this time for violation because.... they are "technically sophisticated" I guess.
And because some amount of emails have been classified secret retroactively.

As many as 130 officials have been contacted in recent weeks by State Department investigators — a list that includes senior officials who reported directly to Clinton as well as others in lower-level jobs whose emails were at some point relayed to her inbox, said current and former State Department officials. Those targeted were notified that emails they sent years ago have been retroactively classified and now constitute potential security violations, according to letters reviewed by The Washington Post.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...15497e-e1f2-11e9-8dc8-498eabc129a0_story.html

Riders

I put up this same exact thread and it didn't get any response like this. Oh well glad you put it up.

Shad

Veteran Member
Ignorance of the law can be a valid defense.

Not when SoS is briefed on the law and policy thus an exception to know the laws in question due to education. Ergo your point does not apply.

"c" doesn't strike me as a clear and prominent indication that a document is to be treated as secret.

So? SoS was briefed on labels. The FBI pointed out exactly what C means. More so Clinton used the excuse that she thought C was about a section in alphatbetic order. Yet the emails have no A, B, nor D. C isn't the first letter of the alphabet.

You seem to think Clinton's engaged in some illegitimate activity for nefarious ends.

Only her excuses and destruction of evidence. I have no idea what her emails were going to be used for.

I would add wikileaks released a number of Clintons emails that have nothing to do with this that are damaging.

The Republicans delighted in painting her as an evil, scheming woman. Is this your opinion?

I thought she is scheming and lacks morals but that was long before the email scandal. My big point is she is being protected as part of the political class.

Shad

Veteran Member
And because some amount of emails have been classified secret retroactively.

110 were classified when sent to her server according to both FBI investigation. Comey's and the current one that has charge around 29 people so far with violations

Yawn. Poor research son.

FBI investigation undermines Clinton email defense