• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary's Email "Scandal" turn out to be a Republican Nothingburger

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You're projecting. It's the Republicans who pitch tantrums.
Democrats suffer from over-niceness. They tend to bow out gracefully at the first sign of controversy. Look how quickly Al Gore conceded or Al Franken resigned.
To be fair Al Gore could have dropped out earlier, or he could have asked for a proper recall the first time around. It was a pity that he asked for what amounted to an illegal one. That was a bad strategy. But that election had more than one screw up. The press announced to quickly that Gore won Florida, possibly suppressing the vote in the heavily Republican pan handle. The whole thing was a mess.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Didn't know Hillary was a governor. Lots of people do not trust or like women of power and expected a First Lady more like the one we now have, the added frills, not to be concerned with decisions or opinions belonging to men. Just consider who they are making the decisions concerning women's health issues.
Oops, My Bad. She was a state Senator.:oops:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Clinton consulted the two previous (Republican) Secretaries of State for advice on communications. Powell and Rice advised her to use a personal server for non-sensetive matters, as they had.
The the server was fine, but it wasn't supposed to be used for for certain, sensitive government business.
Curiously, her server was never hacked; the government server she was "supposed" to be using, was.
To me, this is the bottom line.
At the time it was being used, everyone from the CIA and Senate Intelligence to Russia, China, and our allies knew about the server. It was obviously more secure than the government's. It was suggested by past Secretary of States.
It wasn't a problem.

It only became one when it could be used as a weapon against a strong political opponent in an election. It was little more than a craven political circus of partisanship.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It's not Trump doing this at all. But don't think that rampant investigations will not plague politics from now on. The left has created the new norm. Welcome to the future.
You can't be serious.
Of course it's Trump.
And I think what you mean by "the new norm" is big public interminable investigations. If so, that's ridiculous. From the Clinton impeachment circus to the Email server nonsense, Republicans have been launching nothing burger investigations for decades. Now Democrats have begun using that reprehensible strategy, since it's been demonstrated to work.
Tom

pearl

The press announced to quickly that Gore won Florida, possibly suppressing the vote in the heavily Republican pan handle. The whole thing was a mess.

First announcement was Gore's succession, given too early, as the counting was ongoing. Gore reversed his decision, ultimately, the Bush lawyers took it to the Supreme Court, who unconventionally ruled against state's rights and suspended any further counting.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
LOL! The U.S. State Department concludes that "there was no systemic or deliberate mishandling of classified information by department employees, according to a report submitted to Congress this month."
Yeah. Saw this yesterday.

Funny, that the State Department that works under Trump would clear Hilary. So now, let's call Ukraine, Turkey, or some other corrupt state to investigate this and get to the bottom of the corruption in the State Department.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
First announcement was Gore's succession, given too early, as the counting was ongoing. Gore reversed his decision, ultimately, the Bush lawyers took it to the Supreme Court, who unconventionally ruled against state's rights and suspended any further counting.
If you understood what happens during recounts you would know why Gore's original recount attempt (which would have failed anyway) you would have known why what he did was illegal. Recounts tend to rise the number of total votes counted since rejected votes can be analyzed if people take more time. He chose heavily Democratic areas only to recount which all but guaranteed a rise in his vote total since the accepted votes tend to have the same general percentage as the population of that area. It is a biased recount. It was also a failed strategy since there were not enough votes in those districts to put him on top. What he should have done was a statewide recount from the start, that would have been legal and he probably would have won.
A candidate does not have the right to endless recounts and he blew his chance on an illegal one. In case you forgot there were two Supreme Court decisions. The first one, by a 7 to 2 vote, was that Al Gore's first recount was illegal. The second, the one that ended the counting, was the 5 to 4 decision that said the voting was done.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
It's not Trump doing this at all. But don't think that rampant investigations will not plague politics from now on. The left has created the new norm. Welcome to the future.
Wasn't this investigation started by Trump though? Isn't the State Department under the executive branch? Perhaps we can save money and time by having foreign countries do the investigation for us?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Wasn't this investigation started by Trump though? Isn't the State Department under the executive branch? Perhaps we can save money and time by having foreign countries do the investigation for us?

No, it was started by Obama's FBI director Comey in 2016. When Trump was a candidate. That's where it ended.

...It's always been the Democrats trying to clean-up Hillary's image. Still is today, by Democrats in the State Department.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
No, it was started by Obama's FBI director Comey in 2016. When Trump was a candidate. That's where it ended.
I see. But why did it come out now, so many years later? Trump's State Department kept it under wraps all these years?

...It's always been the Democrats trying to clean-up Hillary's image. Still is today, by Democrats in the State Department.
I doubt that they're all evil-minded Hillary supporting Democrats all over.

Personally, I don't like Hillary and don't want any whitewashing either, but I thought from the very start that the use of the server was more likely a stupid mistake than intentional or malicious. But then again, didn't Kushner do something similar? Didn't he send sensitive documents over his personal email account? Is there an equal investigation into that issue?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ooh, still not right. A "state Senator" is usually one that serves in the state that one lives in. She was a Senator for the State of New York making her a U.S. Senator.

Coffee, it can help.
D'oh! You're right.
I should just bow out gracefully before I further embarrass myself.:oops::oops:

pearl

If you understood what happens during recounts you would know why Gore's original recount attempt (which would have failed anyway) you would have known why what he did was illegal. Recounts tend to rise the number of total votes counted since rejected votes can be analyzed if people take more time. He chose heavily Democratic areas only to recount which all but guaranteed a rise in his vote total since the accepted votes tend to have the same general percentage as the population of that area. It is a biased recount. It was also a failed strategy since there were not enough votes in those districts to put him on top. What he should have done was a statewide recount from the start, that would have been legal and he probably would have won.

There seems to be a number of other opinions.
John Paul Stevens: Supreme Court has not yet recovered from damage of Bush v. Gore

Bush Vs. Gore--Supreme Court Republicans Decide Election

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
71654045_10217583500437123_4405569644539150336_n.jpg

Shad

Veteran Member
Clinton consulted the two previous (Republican) Secretaries of State for advice on communications. Powell and Rice advised her to use a personal server for non-sensetive matters, as they had.

Which is a violation if classified files are on it. Even Comey said so.

The the server was fine, but it wasn't supposed to be used for for certain, sensitive government business.

Ergo a violation

Curiously, her server was never hacked; the government server she was "supposed" to be using, was.

So?

Shad

Veteran Member
It's my understanding that some of the files were classified after she downloaded them.

Nope. The first investigation turned up 110 emails that were classified at the time of being sent. Comey let her off on lack of intent not contents of the server. He said she was not "technically sophisticated" to know what the c stood for.... Ignorance of the law is not a defense. More so she was briefed on this as SoS. More so her former staff are being charged at this time for violation because.... they are "technically sophisticated" I guess.

"I swear officer I do not know what MPH means! How could I know that! It is not like the manual tells me.... oh wait"