• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary applauds 11 year old kid for taking a knee.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Exactly the point. So saying "we have no evidence that you raped anyone" does not mean you didn't rape anyone. Again, you claimed you had evidence that you DIDN'T, and you have not yet provided the promised evidence.

I'm really not sure how to make this clearer, although it's nice to see you backpedaling from the thing about Clinton. Not as good as an acknowledgement of error, but at least you're not doubling down, I guess.

As for my "cute attempt", asking you to provide what you said you could is pretty hard to spin as anything but a simple question.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What's really needed is a generation like in the 40s who actually showed far more respect and had a very healthy sense of nationality and patriotism.

Not this pathetic generation of people that clearly has no interest in preservation nor the reverence and respect for national icons and symbols that so many people worked hard and died for. It's for those people that deserve it far more than you and me ever will although we can rightfully claim as being a part of it. However I don't think we have the right to disgrace it the way it's been disgraced already.

What you really need and take in is a proper education as to why the anthem among other American icons are there in the first place and what they mean, as well as the reason why they should be preserved and left alone not just for our benefit but for other people as well in the future.

If you don't actually uphold and value what those icons and symbols are supposed to represent (freedom, rights, justice, equality, etc.) then those icons and symbols become meaningless, thus your whole "patriotic" act is phony bull****.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Burning the U.S. Flag has been ruled protected free speech by the SCOTUS, and as much as I disagree with it I have to accept it.
Given that the flag is supposed to represent freedom, denying someone the freedom to burn it is actually more disrespectful to the flag than burning it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Well easy solution then. Hold the protest outside the game.
If it were to be against the law, that would be a solution-- but it's not.

Let me know when you arrive in Russia to meet Putin and Trump-- should be an "interesting" manage de trois, but spare me the video, OK? :p

CruzNichaphor

Exactly the point. So saying "we have no evidence that you raped anyone" does not mean you didn't rape anyone. Again, you claimed you had evidence that you DIDN'T, and you have not yet provided the promised evidence.

You didn't bother to look up what circumstantial evidence is yet you want me to take your petulant little requests seriously. Okay, I'll play.

I'm really not sure how to make this clearer, although it's nice to see you backpedaling from the thing about Clinton. Not as good as an acknowledgement of error, but at least you're not doubling down, I guess.

As for my "cute attempt", asking you to provide what you said you could is pretty hard to spin as anything but a simple question.

What makes your engagement with me "cute" is the fact that you (and others) obviously failed to pick up on the flagrant sarcasm surrounding the comment and instead decided to attempt a carefully worded deconstruction of the thing - wasting a bunch of time in the process. The only reason I threw in the "absence of evidence..." comment was because the serious way you and Satre decided to address me actually made the Clinton remark significantly more hilarious than I could have imagined.

So, yes: cute attempt.

Kangaroo Feathers

You didn't bother to look up what circumstantial evidence is yet you want me to take your petulant little requests seriously. Okay, I'll play.
There not being evidence of something isn't "circumstantial evidence".

What makes your engagement with me "cute" is the fact that you (and others) obviously failed to pick up on the flagrant sarcasm surrounding the comment and instead decided to attempt a carefully worded deconstruction of the thing - wasting a bunch of time in the process. The only reason I threw in the "absence of evidence..." comment was because the serious way you and Satre decided to address me actually made the Clinton remark significantly more hilarious than I could have imagined.

So, yes: cute attempt.

"lol, it was a joke ha ha, can't believe you guys took me seriously ha ha lol"

CruzNichaphor

Sure I don't. Whatever gets you through the night.

I don't lose any sleep about what goes on within the confines of religiousforums.com

I'd imagine that someone who takes obvious tongue in cheek comments as a green light to whimper about something that ultimately doesn't matter might suffer from such a thing though.

Wanna try again though? Your little "there not being evidence of something isn't "circumstantial evidence" gem was an absolutely scream.

CruzNichaphor

Not to anyone who knows what "circumstantial evidence" means, but whatever.

Well, this is just wrong because I understand what circumstantial evidence is and I was able to see humour in the idea of you floundering, completely clueless, as you attempted to represent yourself as someone with any idea about what you were talking about.

Maybe even the most cursory google search will assist you in the future; it sure beats the hell out of blindly and angrily attempting to defend Bill Clinton.

Kangaroo Feathers

Well, this is just wrong because I understand what circumstantial evidence is and I was able to see humour in the idea of you floundering, completely clueless, as you attempted to represent yourself as someone with any idea about what you were talking about.
You obviously don't know what "circumstantial evidence" is, because it isn't a "lack of evidence". Here's the simplest description of it I could find. It does not say it is what you say it is. Circumstantial evidence - Wikipedia . If you have a different definition from a credible source that supports your claim, feel free to share it, but I won't be shocked when you can't.
Maybe even the most cursory google search will assist you in the future; it sure beats the hell out of blindly and angrily attempting to defend Bill Clinton.
Never mentioned Bill Clinton, but if you need to maintain your false dichotomy of pro and anti- people for some reason, you do you. My entire issue was with your logical fallacy, nothing to do with the person it was directed against.

CruzNichaphor

As I said, your logical fallacy.

I'm a conservative, I dislike both Clintons and Obama. I just dislike hypocrisy, injustice, false reporting and flawed reasoning worse.

I couldn't care less what you think you are.

You completely misread and misplayed essentially everything I've posted in this thread... and accidently made yourself appear to be a torrid Bill Clinton supporter in the process.

I thought this wasn't funny anymore. Until now.

Kangaroo Feathers

I couldn't care less what you think you are.

You completely misread and misplayed essentially everything I've posted in this thread... and accidently made yourself appear to be a torrid Bill Clinton supporter in the process.

I thought this wasn't funny anymore. Until now.
Whatever dude. Redefine words all you like. Out.