• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hilary laughs at "lock him up"

Phaedrus

Hillary and Chelsea Clinton appeared on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert to talk about their new book, The Book of Gutsy Women. They were greeted by an extremely enthusiastic audience Colbert described as “people who are big fans of the alternate timeline we’re not living in.”

Then, before getting into the book, Colbert got into the Trump impeachment inquiry, asking, “Is it, dare I say, time to ‘lock him up?'”

This of course, prompted the audience to break out the chant.

Hillary Laughs as Colbert's 'Late Show' Audience Chants 'Lock Him Up!' — WATCH - Towleroad Gay News

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
For a *lot* of people the last 2 decades of presidential races have been very personal. People in my divided circle have been personally shaken after the elections of Bush, Obama and Trump. I have both camps on my facebook, and some of them are quite active with promoting their candidates. One of my friends has needed time to get over their anger after the recent election, because they were extremely upset that such an open misogynist could be selected. Personally I am just glad that it isn't Ted. Maybe you feel Ted would have been a safer candidate, but I don't. Ted is too good at saying what people want to hear, and going to the opposite extreme is preferable. We already have lots of senators who can say what we want to hear and who can smoothly evade questions. If it were Ted, most likely the Democrats would have won the election but lets say that didn't happen. Lets say that Ted had won, then Hillary would not have had this opportunity for a belly laugh.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I wonder....do you think there might be a different Dem response
compared to when Trump supporters changed "Lock her up!"?
Let's watch to see what happens.
There ought to be a different response, kemo sabe! :)

As a rule, dem voters are not quite as morally bankrupt.

All the same, the chickens have come home to roost Trump's cheap manipulation, indeed!

Trump has pretty much begged for something like this for happen. For quite a few years now.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There ought to be a different response, kemo sabe! :)

As a rule, dem voters are not quite as morally bankrupt.

All the same, the chickens have come home to roost Trump's cheap manipulation, indeed!

Trump has pretty much begged for something like this for happen. For quite a few years now.
Well there's one data point.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is well worth watching the whole clip. The "lock him up" chant was obviously a joke at Trump's expense and the conversation quickly moved onto the Ukraine phone call and how Trump went off the rails.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wait and see.
No need to wait.
Your response was the data point.
Despite an incredibly brutal onslaught of provocation, disrespect and bullying from Rep voters, Dem voters are indeed on a higher ground.

It is a shame, but it is also reality.
About claims of reality....let us not
confuse our opinions with inerrant truth.

Is wanting Trump to be tortured higher ground?
Maxine Waters: Trump should be imprisoned and 'placed in solitary confinement'

Last edited: