• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Higher and lower self.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
When you say religion do not take aim. Can you explain a little what you mean by it?
most belief systems mention motivation
we should check our everyday actions against the inner self

conquer.....ourselves

but until psychology revealed what that truly meant
everyone was just guessing

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
most belief systems mention motivation
we should check our everyday actions against the inner self

conquer.....ourselves

but until psychology revealed what that truly meant
everyone was just guessing
As far as i know mostly all if not all religious or spiritual scripture has an explenation of what self is, and how to let it go. So Psychology is not the first to atempt to answer this question :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
let it go?

you can't

your inner self......is you
There is no "You" :) the only "thing" that let people think there is a "you" is the ego that they are something different than others. in a deeper sense there can only exist oneness, and ego is what make seperation from oneness.
This is of course only my understanding, so disagreement will happen.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for taking time to look in to the links :)
Some months ago some forum member was asking me to show that mystical teaching from different religions converge on the basic teachings. What you linked was something I wished I had at that time, for it demonstrates the similarity so well. I wish you the best, as your path is correct one. May you reach unity with the pure self.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Some months ago some forum member was asking me to show that mystical teaching from different religions converge on the basic teachings. What you linked was something I wished I had at that time, for it demonstrates the similarity so well. I wish you the best, as your path is correct one. May you reach unity with the pure self.
Thank you @sayak83 the sufi teaching is truly what opend a whole new understanding and it eleveted something deep inside of my being.

I wish you all the best too, and may you find the answers within the path you are on.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I am about to start writing down a lot of this things yes. Because what i do speak of is my own understanding of the topic. And to realise more and maybe deeper understanding, i would have to be able to go back to see what i understood in the past.

You may be surprised how much you will have grown. So far I have reflection journals and three others with their own topics of reflection. The key is what to do with it. Do you have your own ritual practice (not specifically in the common sense of the term)? More of meditation?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You may be surprised how much you will have grown. So far I have reflection journals and three others with their own topics of reflection. The key is what to do with it. Do you have your own ritual practice (not specifically in the common sense of the term)? More of meditation?
I am sure the journal i started on today will be of good effect :)

You mean except for the prayers?
I use Zikr or rememberance of Allah. repeating Allah as similar to what other traditions call mantra.
This bring the practitioner closer to Allah and look almost like a form of meditation.
And other form of meditation i use is Murāqabah or watching once spiritual heart (not the physical heart)