• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hidden words, Baha'u'llah

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I recommend reading Hidden words by Baha'u'llah (a very wise person according to me, and a holy person according to baha'i). It is so beautiful book, wise words.. so much wisdom. I'm not baha'i but i love that book. it has very much of God's truth. I recomend the book to all people regardless of religions.. the book has universal truths in it. You do not have to be Baha'i to learn something from it. Maybe you will become a better believer of your own religion because of this book.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
God's truth is goodness, love, kindness, justice, fairness. Many atheists have god's truth because it is to be kind to other people. And some theists do not have it.

Why use the word god instead of goodness, love, kindness, justice, and fairness? Many atheists believe in these things, just not the tradition that makes them god.

Starlight

Why use the word god instead of goodness, love, kindness, justice, and fairness? Many atheists believe in these things, just not the tradition that makes them god.
Because God created the universe and natural laws. God created goodness, love, kindness, justice, and fairness. And God is goodness, love, kindness, justice, and fairness.

Last edited:

Starlight

But yes for atheist it is not godly words. But regardless of one believes in god or not most people agree goodness love, kindness, justice, and fairness is good for us humans and animals. It is good for the universe regardless of god beliefs or not.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Because God created the universe and natural laws. God created goodness, love, kindness, justice, and fairness. And God is it.

Which makes me wonder what is god (rather than his role as a creator) apart from its attributes: love, kindness, etc?

Can love give love to another?

Starlight

Yeah, I am one of those who do not have God's truth. When the God idea itself is false, how can there be God's truth? I said nothing about being unkind to other people. I appreciate that, but that does not require a God. You have no proof of what you are saying.
I wrote this above:
But yes for atheist it is not godly words. But regardless of one believes in god or not most people agree goodness love, kindness, justice, and fairness is good for us humans and animals. It is good for the universe regardless of god beliefs or not.

Starlight

Yeah, I am one of those who do not have God's truth. When the God idea itself is false, how can there be God's truth? I said nothing about being unkind to other people. I appreciate that, but that does not require a God. You have no proof of what you are saying.
I believe God does exist. I have faith in God. I do not know for sure if God exist or not. But i hope so.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Remove the word God and I wholly agree to you. :)
The word is unnecessary. It does not change anything.

Starlight

I think is goodness, love, kindness, justice, fairness in this world is proof of God. But that is my belief :)

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I think is goodness, love, kindness, justice, fairness in this world is proof of God. But that is my belief :)

That's very nice, and a beautiful thing to believe. :) There is a bit of a problem, though...

See, what if I told you that when you do a good thing, like you help an elderly person eat their food, you are doing Satan's work. You are making sure Satan enacts his will upon the earth, and it's proof that Satan exists.

Now, at the very most you might be offended, but at the very least you would disagree. See, by saying things like that, it desregards what the person actually believes and what they have gone through and imposes your beliefs onto the person. It can come across as disrespectful, or rude...

You may think that Satan is an extreme example, but don't forget that many atheists have been hurt by the faiths they've left. So, imposing a god over them in a way they don't have a say over when he represents something hurtful to them seems a little careless, IMO.

Starlight

Oh. If god is love and he gives love, it would be odd to say love gives love to others.

What is love that it is something or someone that's able to give?

Both is true. God is love. God is justice.
And at the same time love are something you give to others.
It is not odd for love to give love to others.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

How is that possible?

Love is not a being. It's an emotion. Giving is an action that can't be performed without a some "one" doing it.

I can't understand how a creator (a being?) is love but I can understand the idea that a being (like a person) can give love.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Your view. My view: no God, no prophet, no son, no messenger, no message, only what the messenger wanted to say, no manifestations, no mahdis, no avataras. A huge falsehood persisting for various selfish reasons since the dawn of humankind.

Starlight

Your view. My view: no God, no prophet, no son, no messenger, no message, only what the messenger wanted to say, no manifestations, no mahdis, no avataras. A huge falsehood persisting for various selfish reasons since the dawn of humankind.

The only difference between us a theist and atheist is this:

It doesn't matter if you believe in creationism or evolution for this thought experiment lets go to the source of all things. I am going to call this SOURCE. For theists this SOURCE can be God and for atheists it can be the energy that made up the original big bang it really doesn't matter.

What we are debating is how did this SOURCE of everything come into existence?

(it was Focusedintent who wrote this, in this tread: Proving logic can't explain existence | Religious Forums)

You believe the energy that made the universe is not concious. And I believe the energy that made the universe is concious. Thats the only difference between us. very little difference really :)

Last edited:

Starlight

How is that possible?

Love is not a being. It's an emotion. Giving is an action that can't be performed without a some "one" doing it.

I can't understand how a creator (a being?) is love but I can understand the idea that a being (like a person) can give love.

Hmm God is loving. God gives love to angels, humans, animals. I think Love is part of the nature of God, therefore God is Love.
And that love is also an emotion you give to other people. It is both at the same time. Thats reality I think.