• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hidden God is opened now

questfortruth

There is open and hidden knowledge, as e.g. prior to 1905 AD the Theory of
Special Relativity was the hidden one. The sum of these is invariant.
Thus, calling all knowledge as open, the additional knowledge becomes
open, that there exists an All-knowing Being. After that, going back to
the status of open and hidden knowledge at 2020 AD we get to know that
within the hidden knowledge there is the existence of an All-knowing
Being.

Sp0ckrates

Being.
Unsure I follow you. Why do you believe new scientific theories are evidence of omniscience?

questfortruth

Unsure I follow you. Why do you believe new scientific theories are evidence of omniscience?
Any knowledge of a human is the knowledge, which comes from his God. That is why the atheists "know", that there is no God, because they have Non-existent god - an idol. The idol tells them to say "there is no God."

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Any knowledge of a human is the knowledge, which comes from his God. That is why the atheists "know", that there is no God, because they have Non-existent god - an idol. The idol tells them to say "there is no God."

The error in the above is that you are saying that atheists "know" that there is no God. All we can say is that we currently don't have enough evidence to conclude that a God exists. I am an atheist and I would never say that I "know" that God doesn't exist. I have no evidential reason to believe that he does.

I know that there are atheists who do say that and I would consider that as an error in that knowledge.

Saying that human knowledge comes from God would be an error in logic because we don't even know evidentially that a God exists.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
These people are truly atheists. You are some part of theist, e.g. you accept the existence of freewill in "natural sense".

atheist
/ˈeɪθɪɪst/

noun
  1. a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
I lack belief in the existence of God or gods therefore I am an atheist.

I dont understand why you mentioned free will.

questfortruth

atheist
/ˈeɪθɪɪst/

noun
  1. a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
I lack belief in the existence of God or gods therefore I am an atheist.

I dont understand why you mentioned free will.
The word "belief" is taken from theism. A true atheist does not operate in religious terms or does it in minimum.

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
Saying that human knowledge comes from God would be an error in logic because we don't even know evidentially that a God exists.
Isn`t that statement a logical error in itself? If you/we don´t know evidently that a God exists, human knowledge could theoretically come from God.

Not that I believe in a personalized god, though :)

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
The word "belief" is taken from theism. A true atheist does not operate in religious terms.

A person can be an atheist and "believe" in various things. One can believe in aliens but not believe in God for instance.

The word "belief" is a word in the english language. It isn't restricted to be used with religion only.

belief
/bɪˈliːf/

noun
  1. 1.
    an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.
    "his belief in extraterrestrial life"
  2. 2.
    trust, faith, or confidence in (someone or something).
    "a belief in democratic politics"

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Being.

There are two sides of my response here. The first the advancement of the knowledge in science is basically secular in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Your problem is you are selective in what you call the hidden knowledge you say is revealed in science. The knowledge of evolution and abiogenesis has also rose out of this knowledge of billions of years, which you reject. The rise of of our knowledge of the atomic world and the Theory of Relativity is how we radiometric date the history of life on earth, and our physical existence itself.

Second, is actually in a way I agree with, but the whole of science rises out of the intellect of humanity over the millennia inspired by Revelation. Beginning in the mid 19th century there arose a Revelation of the Baha'i Faith which taught a Harmony of Science and Religion acknowledging the importance and role of ALL science.

As far as the knowledge of the Theory of Relativity and the nature of the Atom it is Interesting to note the Revelation of Baha'u'llah in the following gem that reveals the foundation of the Theory of Relativity. From the Valley of Knowledge:

Split the atom’s heart, and lo!
Within it thou wilt find a sun.

The Seven Valleys and Four Valleys by Baha'u'llah

E=mc2

The Baha'i Faith believes that yes Revelation reveals Divine Knowledge of the nature of our physical existence as it evolves and is inspired through the sciences, as witnessed through Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the Baha'i Faith.

Last edited:

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Isn`t that statement a logical error in itself? If you/we don´t know evidently that a God exists, human knowledge could theoretically come from God.

Not that I believe in a personalized god, though :)

Not really. My argument was saying that to say that it is the case without evidence is an error. If somebody says it "might" be the case then there is no error.

For all we know all human knowledge could theoretically come from a God. Or God might not even exist.

Native

Second, is actually in a way I agree with, but the whole of science rises out of the intellect of humanity over the millennia inspired by Revelation. Beginning in the mid 19th century there arose a Revelation of the Baha'i Faith which taught a Harmony of Science and Religion acknowledging the importance and role of ALL science.
Revelations were around long long before Bahai. In fact thousands of years before where even the smallest native tribe had revelations via their shamanistic traditions.

questfortruth

A person can be an atheist and "believe" in various things. One can believe in aliens but not believe in God for instance.

The word "belief" is a word in the english language. It isn't restricted to be used with religion only.

belief
/bɪˈliːf/

noun
  1. 1.
    an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.
    "his belief in extraterrestrial life"
  2. 2.
    trust, faith, or confidence in (someone or something).
    "a belief in democratic politics"
There is nothing in common between true theism and true atheism. As example, the atheists understand word "God" as Absolute Nothing, however a theist looks at God as at Everything.

Native

Not really. My argument was saying that to say that it is the case without evidence is an error. If somebody says it "might" be the case then there is no error.
I knew what you meant in the first place :) This sentens isn´t logical correct either. The "might" should occur in both halves in your sentens as in "then there MIGTH be no error.

But well, this is really splitting matches with an ax.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Revelations were around long long before Bahai. In fact thousands of years before where even the smallest native tribe had revelations via their shamanistic traditions.

No problem, Divine Revelation has been the foundation of human knowledge since humans first became human over 250,000 years ago.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
These people are truly atheists. You are some part of theist, e.g. you accept the existence of freewill in "natural sense".

Actually your black and white generalization is unbelievably false, and outrageous. Scientists come from a diversity of religious beliefs including much of science you reject, and no very very few atheists believe absolutely God does not exist.

There is also a very selective view on your part which science you accept and reject based on your religious agenda.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
There is nothing in common between true theism and true atheism. As example, the atheists understand word "God" as Absolute Nothing, however a theist looks at God as at Everything.

The below is what most atheists and theists think the word god means and so should everybody who speaks english:

God
/ɡɒd/

noun
noun: God; noun: god; plural noun: gods; plural noun: the gods
  1. 1.
    (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

2. 2.
    (in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshipped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.
    "a moon god"

Similar:
    deity

goddess

divine being
    celestial being
    supreme being

divinity

immortal

creator

demiurge

godhead

daemon

numen

• an image, animal, or other object worshipped as divine or symbolizing a god.
      "wooden gods from the Congo"

Similar:
      idol

graven image

icon

golden calf

totem

talisman

fetish
      a fetish for surgical masks" data-hw="fetish" data-lb="" data-tae="false" data-te="false" data-tl="en" data-tldf="" data-url="/search?sxsrf=ALeKk02DpdcD7dvEeRppBy81VTcqBhyMuw:1588085249139&q=define+fetish&forcedict=fetish&dictcorpus=en">
      mascot

juju

• used as a conventional personification of fate.
      "he dialled the number and, the gods relenting, got through at once"
  3. 3.
    a greatly admired or influential person.
    "he has little time for the fashion victims for whom he is a god"
    • a thing accorded the supreme importance appropriate to a god.
      "don't make money your god"
  4. 4.
    INFORMAL
    the gallery in a theatre.
    "they sat in the gods"
Many different theistic beliefs have a different understanding of what God means and don't believe that God means everything. Especially with the Abrahamic faiths, God isn't everything because then all of us would be God.

Many atheists interpret God to mean what the person they speak to means by God and use it in their terms. At the moment atheists do not believe in Gods of current theism depending on that belief systems idea of God.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I knew what you meant in the first place :) This sentens isn´t logical correct either. The "might" should occur in both halves in your sentens as in "then there MIGTH be no error.

But well, this is really splitting matches with an ax.

Dammit! You have a point :eek:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

True, non-God told me there was no God. However non-God also told me not to worship them. So can't really call non-God an idol.

I suspect I'm a non-typical atheist though.