• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hiatus from Debate Threads

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Recently, I have observed undesirable trends within a lot of the posts here--most notably dishonesty/disingenuousness, inconsistency/hypocrisy, racism, and shallowness. This has led me to decide that a hiatus from posting in debate threads would be for the best, especially since I'm neither learning anything new nor finding most of the debates productive right now.

To be clear, however, the above trends are nothing new. I have seen them for as long as I have been a member of this forum--almost nine years now--and they tend to ebb and flow. At the moment, it seems that current events are causing an influx of said trends, making participation in debate threads a chore for me for the time being.

I will be hanging around the staff areas and possibly the discussion and joke forums as well, but debates are off limits indefinitely.

See you around!

Workman

UNIQUE
Than shall you know this?...that the living is but A test...there be two sides on trial: your inside(The Self) and your outside(The Flesh).

which one will you choose? We are all sensitive beings. if your not sensitive, than you have a major Ego problem(someone by that your not). ‘The Living’ is the major problem of this. Science is the CAUSE to this as well in most influences to this Problem. Together with power(money/Government)..Will limit our being in. For This world teaches only the flesh..it is a world of ‘IDEAs’, and by that your fate will lie in it. A world of slaves being experimented of what ahead can bring.
It(science/evolution) steals experiences and places a price($) to it..in other words: IDEAS steals our experiencing, then sets them off in their own categories(education..etc), and than places a price on em. IDEAs is a ‘THEIF’(it stops your free-will) than keeps you where your able to know off(inside your box).

The hardest thing that a Person cannot ever do or see is....THEMSELVES!.

This is not even close to the Problem, I thought I’ll give you something to ponder about.

Godbless

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Recently, I have observed undesirable trends within a lot of the posts here--most notably dishonesty/disingenuousness, inconsistency/hypocrisy, racism, and shallowness.
You're not alone.
Many of us here feel assailed by these attitudes.
We must resist their becoming rife on RF.
Take care.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Recently, I have observed undesirable trends within a lot of the posts here--most notably dishonesty/disingenuousness, inconsistency/hypocrisy, racism, and shallowness. This has led me to decide that a hiatus from posting in debate threads would be for the best, especially since I'm neither learning anything new nor finding most of the debates productive right now.

To be clear, however, the above trends are nothing new. I have seen them for as long as I have been a member of this forum--almost nine years now--and they tend to ebb and flow. At the moment, it seems that current events are causing an influx of said trends, making participation in debate threads a chore for me for the time being.

I will be hanging around the staff areas and possibly the discussion and joke forums as well, but debates are off limits indefinitely.

See you around!
But your Debater Slayer!

WWF! UFC!

MXC!!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
But your Debater Slayer!

WWF! UFC!

MXC!!

I know your post is humorous, but nowadays I view Internet debate "wins" as being in the eye of the beholder. The part where one gets to see how others think and puts their own beliefs to the test is far more important to me.

"Winning a debate" is a fool's errand and a wild-goose chase only serving to stroke egos, as far as I'm concerned--especially so online.