• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi

OshoSannyasin

Constant Seeker After Truth
I just signed up here. My name is Jeff. I'm an Osho Sannyasin which is a follower of the Indian mystic guru Osho (formerly known as Rajneesh - although we haven't called him that in almost 30 years). I'm kind of a semi-theist, neither theist nor atheist. My beliefs are syncretic. Osho Sannyas is an offshoot of Zen, but is not Zen (in the same way that Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism but is not a form of Judaism). My personal practice involves some elements from both Zen and Liberal Christianity: I recognise Jesus as an Enlightened Master (possibly the most important of the Enlightened Masters). I use the Bible for meditation purposes, but I don't believe it's inerrant or the Word of God.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Nice to meet you, Jeff! Welcome to RF. I'm looking forward to some engaging discussions with you in the future.

(I'm sure @Revoltingest will be along shortly to offer you some bacon. Don't touch it. It's poison.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Of course, I offer many new members.....
giphy.gif

But we also have.....
th

Milton Platt

I just signed up here. My name is Jeff. I'm an Osho Sannyasin which is a follower of the Indian mystic guru Osho (formerly known as Rajneesh - although we haven't called him that in almost 30 years). I'm kind of a semi-theist, neither theist nor atheist. My beliefs are syncretic. Osho Sannyas is an offshoot of Zen, but is not Zen (in the same way that Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism but is not a form of Judaism). My personal practice involves some elements from both Zen and Liberal Christianity: I recognise Jesus as an Enlightened Master (possibly the most important of the Enlightened Masters). I use the Bible for meditation purposes, but I don't believe it's inerrant or the Word of God.

Can you explain how you neither believe nor don't believe in the existence of a god?

Daemon Sophic

Welcome to the forum Jeff. I brought you some Nanaimo Bars!!
images

Enjoy!! And remember: Life is uncertain; eat dessert first.

socharlie

Sounds great, welcome!

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Namaste,

Make sure you go into the preferences to add yourself to the Dharmic DIR (or anywhere else for that matter that you like) so you can post in that group. I figured you'd be interested mostly because of your name. :D ( A book I am reading currently: The Book of One, by Dennis Waite frequently quotes Osho, so I recognized the name.)

Anyway, happy RF birthday and I hope to see more of your posts in the future!

Jedster

Hello and welcome to RF.
I knew of Osho as Rajneesh. This was in the 70s. I was a devotee of another guru then (since left) who was known at the time, We were a little envious of the 'red people' who appeared to have more fun than us :)

OshoSannyasin

Constant Seeker After Truth
Can you explain how you neither believe nor don't believe in the existence of a god?

Basically, I reject the idea of a personal God, but I don't reject the concept of God entirely. I'm open to the possibility that God may be a force that permeates the universe, or maybe even the Universe itself is God (or the closest thing to God you will find).
Also, unlike most atheists, I believe in an afterlife (reincarnation).

Milton Platt

Basically, I reject the idea of a personal God, but I don't reject the concept of God entirely. I'm open to the possibility that God may be a force that permeates the universe, or maybe even the Universe itself is God (or the closest thing to God you will find).
Also, unlike most atheists, I believe in an afterlife (reincarnation).

Got it, thanks.
Would that not make you a deist, then? Or perhaps a pantheist?