• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi ya'll

drekmed

just found this forum today, and figured i'd register. not sure if i'll post much, im more interested in reading others opinions than expressing my own, but every now and then imight feel i have something worth adding.

a little about myself: i started out my religious experience as a southern baptist, as a child, up until i was 15, i then began to see what i felt were flaws in that religion, and in the bible itself. since then i have not associated with any religion, however, have done a little studying in a few of them, and am open to learning more.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
drekmed said:
just found this forum today, and figured i'd register. not sure if i'll post much, im more interested in reading others opinions than expressing my own, but every now and then imight feel i have something worth adding.

a little about myself: i started out my religious experience as a southern baptist, as a child, up until i was 15, i then began to see what i felt were flaws in that religion, and in the bible itself. since then i have not associated with any religion, however, have done a little studying in a few of them, and am open to learning more.
Well, you've come to the right place! Welcome to our mostly-happy little group. We hope you enjoy yourself here.

Kathryn

robtex

Veteran Member
Hey you found the right place and based on what you said if you check in a few more times I have great confidence that you will post!!! Great to meet you.

Watcher

The Gunslinger
drekmed said:
Hey, sounds like me;)
Welcome to the board!
Namaste:D

QTpi

Mischevious One
Hi, Drekmed! Welcome to Religious Forums. It's great to have you here. I hope you enjoy your stay. :jiggy:

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome, you have come to the right place if you are searching.

a little about myself: i started out my religious experience as a southern baptist, as a child, up until i was 15, i then began to see what i felt were flaws in that religion, and in the bible itself.
As one who might be considered a southern baptist, I can say that yes we do have flaws but we try our best :D I would like however for you to post what you believe the flaws in the Bible are.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi Drekmed,

Welcome to the forum ;

Part Quote .."and am open to learning more."..... Well, you've sure come to the right place to do that!

You might like to have a look at :- Articles for New Members ; from there, there is a link to the forum rules, which you ought to see.

I look forward to seeing you on the forum.:)

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
I didn't know they said ya'll in North Dakota.:p Oh...wait...I see you grew up SouthernBaptist, so it's likely you're originally from nearer my neck of the woods than the great white north.:D

I think if someone looks long and hard enough at any belief system, some flaws will appear. Afterall, 'religion' is an attempt by those of us with finite minds to fathom the infinite that is God and His universe.:)

Feel free to explore your beliefs, be open to where your faith journey might take you, enjoy the site, and you'll do just fine. :)