• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi Everyone

I jumped right in and started posting last night, but I'm still basically a newbie, so I thought I'd introduce myself a little. I'm a 23 year old male Arizonian Episcopalian. :) I'm fairly new to Arizona and am actually out of town right now.

Religiously, I don't believe in an inerrant scripture or inerrant tradition, but I do see God's face in the figure of Jesus and take strength in a lot of the wonderful visions of God that Christianity evokes. I also enjoy the hymns and incense and the Eucharist.

I don't believe in hell, though, or that homosexuals and Jews and atheists are any less children of God than Christians. I guess some would call me a liberal neo-Christian for those reasons. :) I also tend to see trinity as a metaphor more than a literal reality. I'm a confirmed Episcopalian and will transfer into one of the local parishes once I settle in, however, so I'm on the books as an actual Christian and I do claim that label. ;) My life philosophy and spiritual views can be summed up by an old Beatles song: "All you need is love". :)

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Well, welcome! I harbor alot of the same ideas of God and Christianity as you. Enjoy! :D

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
*smiles* I already told you that I used to be Episcopalian! It's nice to have someone else who knows the branch!
ENJOY, or else! *smiles*
~Ashley

QTpi

Mischevious One
Hi, Fish and Bread. It's nice to meet you. Welcome to Religious Forums. We're happy to have you with us and hope you enjoy your stay. :)

lunamoth

Will to love
Hi Fish and Bread, <wave> Another Piskey here and also just joined today. Hey, I think I know you from over at CF. I posted there a bit and still lurk but overall find it too big to get comfortable. Anyway, nice to meet you again. :)

lunamoth

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Fish and Bread said:
I jumped right in and started posting last night, but I'm still basically a newbie, so I thought I'd introduce myself a little. I'm a 23 year old male Arizonian Episcopalian. I'm fairly new to Arizona and am actually out of town right now.

Religiously, I don't believe in an inerrant scripture or inerrant tradition, but I do see God's face in the figure of Jesus and take strength in a lot of the wonderful visions of God that Christianity evokes. I also enjoy the hymns and incense and the Eucharist.

I don't believe in hell, though, or that homosexuals and Jews and atheists are any less children of God than Christians. I guess some would call me a liberal neo-Christian for those reasons. I also tend to see trinity as a metaphor more than a literal reality. I'm a confirmed Episcopalian and will transfer into one of the local parishes once I settle in, however, so I'm on the books as an actual Christian and I do claim that label. ;) My life philosophy and spiritual views can be summed up by an old Beatles song: "All you need is love". :)
Hey!Fish and Bread,

A man after my own heart!

Welcome to Religious Forums;

Please feel free to ask questions, if you have any. You might like to check out our article with links for our newer members; from there, there is also a link to the forum rules which you ought to look at.

I look forward to seeing your posts (not just because we have much in common).

Have a great time here.;)