• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, look how dumb people are!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Contraption?
Contra?
Conspiracy?
Cheny?
Cherub?
Calculon?
th

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
That is one hideous piece of clothing.

You could crap in a box, slap a popular 'posh' label on it along with an obscene price tag, and people would still line up to buy it, because in their minds possessing it would increase their social status and thus their self worth.

dianaiad

ROME (AP) -- Gucci has apologized after complaints that a wool sweater with an oversized collar designed to cover the face resembled blackface makeup, and said the item had been pulled from its online and physical stores.
Gucci pulls 'blackface sweater' from stores after complaints

View attachment 26821

I think political correctness is the scariest thing to come down the pike since about forever. George Orwell was right.

..........and I wish I had one of those sweaters. It's COLD out here!

dianaiad

hey.....I was shopping for pants on line....
found my way to some freaky geeky fashion hub

picture this......bright yellow plaid
high waisted
button style with suspenders
pants

only $680

Wait...that must be 'vintage' 20's golf pants, right?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
At first I thought this is a little over the top, considering I live in a cold climate and occasionally wear a full face black mask to protect against the elements. It's a common sight around these parts. But I think I see the complaint here about this product specifically. It's the red lips added for effect. That does conjure up images of black-face.

I can see how many might see the connection. If they dropped the lips, then it's just what any of us "up North" folks wear, such as these. https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...ava-16srsykdscmbclvxxaoa/16srsykdscmbclvxxaoa If you added large red lips to them, or white ones, then that might get a few negative responses because of the history of black-face.
I walked into a corner store once wearing full ski toque, and the cashier literally jumped. Only then did I realise the problem, and took the thing off.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I walked into a corner store once wearing full ski toque, and the cashier literally jumped. Only then did I realise the problem, and took the thing off.

Try this wearing a Sponge Bob Square Pants mask....