• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, How About A Fido Burger Or Two?

Would you eat a Fido burger?

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • How much do they cost?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GoodbyeDave

I've heard that dog meat is rather strong tasting, so I'd probably dislike it, like buffalo. But I have no objection to the idea of eating dogs.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I wouldn't, unless I was on a certain South Pole expedition where it might have saved my life. Sorry Fido. :oops:

But it's a bit strange how we categorise other animal species - pigs being possibly more intelligent than dogs yet we eat them with hardly any thought - and many other highly intelligent and/or social species are treated likewise. Perhaps the worst we do is to eat the more endangered species - if we don't recognise the harm in doing so.

I'd only eat dog if the only alternative was starving to death. It's a bit arbitrary, but because of the emotional connections I've had to dogs and cats I don't think I could bring myself to eat them (barring extreme circumstances). I think it's probably because my brain processes them as having been family and thus closer to human than other animals. I don't fault people of other cultures for eating them, though, especially in places where food is scarce.