• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, How About A Fido Burger Or Two?

Would you eat a Fido burger?

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • How much do they cost?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Skwim

Veteran Member
Assuming you eat meat, if a certain breed of dog was found to have quite delicious meat, would you eat it? If not, why not?

dog burger.png
You eat meat from cattle don't you?
cute cow.png

Last edited:

Baladas

An Págánach
I love dogs too much to do that...the thought of it sickens me.
Plus, I'm against the killing of more intelligent animals.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I suppose I would try it out of sheer curiosity but, definitely its not going to be man's best friend.

Maybe wild coyotes or a wolf.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
We are both fortunate enough to live in a place where food security is such that we can be finicky.
I have pretty much stopped eating pork for the same reason.
In fact, I've cut my meat consumption back a lot for a variety of reasons. But especially pork.
Tom

Erebus

I'd probably eat human before I'd eat dog.

Oh ... damn, I phrased that wrong. Let me try again.

I'll continue eating human rather than dog.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Assuming you eat meat, if a certain breed of dog was found to have quite delicious meat, would you eat it? If not, why not?

View attachment 24184You eat meat from cattle don't you? View attachment 24185

Well, I suppose if there are food shortages, I might be tempted.

I suppose it's more a matter of practicality and why we've chosen to domesticate certain animals in the first place. Dogs serve a practical purpose for the betterment of humans, apart from food. It's more practical to keep a dog alive to help humans hunt for other food, and as a reward, the dog gets a share of the prey. Dogs are also useful for protection and guarding flocks of other food.

Likewise, cats are useful for hunting down and killing any vermin which also threaten the food supply. They have a purpose for humanity which makes it more practical that they are allowed to live rather than be consumed as food.

Horses also have practical uses for humanity, other than food - although some might still eat horsemeat. Or it's used to feed the dogs.

There is also a more abstract quality about dogs and cats. They're cute and cuddly. A dog will come rushing to his master and show enormous affection. They might even give you warm kisses if you let them. Cats will jump up on your lap and purr contentedly while receiving a full body massage from its owner. That's a quality that many humans value in their companion animals.

But cows, chickens, pigs - what else are you going to do with them? What other purpose do they serve, other than food? Why would we bother breeding them at all? Are they cute and cuddly? Can they sniff out bombs and alert their handler? Can they guard anything or protect their household?

Audie

Veteran Member
Well, I suppose if there are food shortages, I might be tempted.

I suppose it's more a matter of practicality and why we've chosen to domesticate certain animals in the first place. Dogs serve a practical purpose for the betterment of humans, apart from food. It's more practical to keep a dog alive to help humans hunt for other food, and as a reward, the dog gets a share of the prey. Dogs are also useful for protection and guarding flocks of other food.

Likewise, cats are useful for hunting down and killing any vermin which also threaten the food supply. They have a purpose for humanity which makes it more practical that they are allowed to live rather than be consumed as food.

Horses also have practical uses for humanity, other than food - although some might still eat horsemeat. Or it's used to feed the dogs.

There is also a more abstract quality about dogs and cats. They're cute and cuddly. A dog will come rushing to his master and show enormous affection. They might even give you warm kisses if you let them. Cats will jump up on your lap and purr contentedly while receiving a full body massage from its owner. That's a quality that many humans value in their companion animals.

But cows, chickens, pigs - what else are you going to do with them? What other purpose do they serve, other than food? Why would we bother breeding them at all? Are they cute and cuddly? Can they sniff out bombs and alert their handler? Can they guard anything or protect their household?

Chickens are very underrated, they are very personable.

If there were no dogs, pigs might have stood
in their stead. Smart, trainable. Bombs?
They train them as truffle hunters!

And you know, leave the cows (auroch) alone.
Wont be dangerous if they knew we wont hurt
them.

The dreaded Cape Buffalo is smart and friendly,
approached right.

There is such a cool youtube video of a buffalo
whisperer.

Duke_Leto

I'm assuming you don't eat pork then at least, do you?

As for me, I'm vegetarian. Wouldn't eat it no matter how delicious it is.