• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Good Looking, What You Got Cookin'?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Food is becoming a hobby for me. I'm thinking of cooking breakfast for those around me...

Food has always been a hobby for me. It really needs be become less of a hobby as my metabolism continues to slow.

I've had a jar of vindaloo paste in my cupboard for quite some time that I bought accidentally (meant to buy simmer sauce). I think I'm going to mix some of it into some scrambled eggs this morning.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Food has become a hobby for me too... i never had time for cooking good food while i was working. But having the time has caused an culinary epiphany

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Food has always been a hobby for me. It really needs be become less of a hobby as my metabolism continues to slow.

I've had a jar of vindaloo paste in my cupboard for quite some time that I bought accidentally (meant to buy simmer sauce). I think I'm going to mix some of it into some scrambled eggs this morning.

Not too much, vindaloo has a kick and a half

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Not too much, vindaloo has a kick and a half

Yup. But I do like my spicy.

In Indian restaurants, when they ask me how hot I want my dishes, and I find I have to say "Indian hot." If I just say "hot," they make it "American hot," which isn't hot enough for me.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Yup. But I do like my spicy.

In Indian restaurants, when they ask me how hot I want my dishes, and I find I have to say "Indian hot." If I just say "hot," they make it "American hot," which isn't hot enough for me.

Me too... but i need to taste the eggs too.

You remind me. We were at a a local Thai resteraunt, a regular for us. A group of Dutch tourists sat down. When ordering the teenage son demanded, very loudly... hot, very hot, the hotter the better for me... he won't be doing that again.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Me too... but i need to taste the eggs too.

You remind me. We were at a a local Thai resteraunt, a regular for us. A group of Dutch tourists sat down. When ordering the teenage son demanded, very loudly... hot, very hot, the hotter the better for me... he won't be doing that again.
Aye there are some restaurants where one shouldn't tempt sadistic chefs...
Thai
Vietnamese
Senagalese
Indian
Chia Shiang (an eatery in my town)

exchemist

Veteran Member

I'm not sure it has to, provided you have others to cook for. Food has become more of hobby for me too, during the Covid-19 restrictions, and my metabolism is also slowing as I age, but the saving grace is a teenage son whose appetite continues to increase and who, being proud of his French heritage, appreciates my efforts in the kitchen (usually). So the solution, I suspect, is just not to be too greedy oneself and to take pleasure in the appreciation of others.

I have read somewhere that the Japanese have a practice of stopping when they feel 80% full. Also I know, from experience, that the French use the time between the numerous courses in their meals for a feeling of fullness to develop, which enables one to feel well fed without taking on an excess. I'm doing my best to make use of these ideas to enable me to enjoy all the dishes I prepare without getting fat as a result. It seems, more or less, to be working, though I have to admit the trousers I had made 10 years ago have been getting a bit tight round the waist over the last 2 years.;)

The big test will be when he goes off to university in September............

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
My favorite Thai place in town lists "hot" and "Thai hot" as options for the spicy dishes on their menu.
I made thai style red curry chicken and veggies over jasmine rice a few nights ago. It was good but nowhere near as good as the restaurants'.