• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's Your Chance to Stump Sunstone!

allfoak

Alchemist
It seems these interview threads never go well for me unless I'm the one asking the questions. Someone always asks some question that stumps or mystifies me.. But oh well, I'll give it another try. Feel free to ask most anything about me, my values, opinions, background, politics, poetry, paintings, etc. Pretty much whatever you like.

Just keep in mind. I might not be able to answer promptly. I might be busy, staring dumbly at my monitor, stumped.
What is the meaning of your life?:)

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Sunstone...you have been busy !
There's no lint in your navel is there ?
You're going to make Pope jealous,
or Fool, is that peanut butter in there ?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I dont know if you can answer this, (or even if you are interested) but its a question that has puzzled me for some time. How did Boris Johnson become foreign secretary of the UK?
17300-1q6kua5.gif

Shadow Link

Feel free to ask most anything about me, my values, opinions, background, politics, poetry, paintings, etc. Pretty much whatever you like.
Do you have any thoughts on how "Information Chaos" might serve to make a coordinated and sophisticated response from the population less likely?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I dont know if you can answer this, (or even if you are interested) but its a question that has puzzled me for some time. How did Boris Johnson become foreign secretary of the UK?
View attachment 24888

I just now saw your post, Christine. My apologies, I wasn't trying to ignore you.

The question does interest me, but I am clueless how it is to be answered. It's a mystery to me.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Do you have any thoughts on how "Information Chaos" might serve to make a coordinated and sophisticated response from the population less likely?

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the term "information chaos". I can't find a definition on the net that I know to trust. Could you define it for me?

Shadow Link

Yeah I really don't know either. I figured I'd just throw something at ya. I can't seem to determine if it's mostly coming from the conspiracy theorists or actually based off of intelligent discussion. If it is in fact intelligible, I'd probably conclude it might be a summed up or combined terminology based off of Chaos Theory(Edward Norton Lorenz). I do agree however, in my limited research, the terms combined do create a type of paradox. If the terms are applied to political strategy it could probably lend itself to making more sense — creating information chaos for determined results.
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the term "information chaos". I can't find a definition on the net that I know to trust. Could you define it for me?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Yeah I really don't know either. I figured I'd just throw something at ya. I can't seem to determine if it's mostly coming from the conspiracy theorists or actually based off of intelligent discussion. If it is in fact intelligible, I'd probably conclude it might be a summed up or combined terminology based off of Chaos Theory(Edward Norton Lorenz). I do agree however, in my limited research, the terms combined do create a type of paradox. If the terms are applied to political strategy it could probably lend itself to making more sense — creating information chaos for determined results.

I thought it might have something to do with chaos theory too. But maybe it just means that there's so much conflicting information out there on the net these days that it's hard for people to make sense of it all?

The term seems to be used in business. In business, it seems related to the concept that there's too much data these days. Not all of it can be absorbed and digested. Or something like that.

Shadow Link

I thought it might have something to do with chaos theory too. But maybe it just means that there's so much conflicting information out there on the net these days that it's hard for people to make sense of it all?

The term seems to be used in business. In business, it seems related to the concept that there's too much data these days. Not all of it can be absorbed and digested. Or something like that.
Yeah, kinda like in the negative sense of predictably?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Yeah, kinda like in the negative sense of predictably?

I hadn't thought of that, but that's a good point. If you look at a bunch of data, and you can't figure out what it predicts or doesn't predict, then I guess you can't say you've made sense of it yet. At least not in one way of making sense of things.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I just now saw your post, Christine. My apologies, I wasn't trying to ignore you.

The question does interest me, but I am clueless how it is to be answered. It's a mystery to me.

Ha, ha, stumped you, but don't be concerned, the question stumps every thinking human being.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Ha, ha, stumped you, but don't be concerned, the question stumps every thinking human being.

Do you ever get the feeling you could walk down a busy street, pick out people at random, and put together a better set of government leaders than the ones you've got? That thought occurred to me a while back -- at first, as a joke. But the more I've thought about it.... :D

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Do you ever get the feeling you could walk down a busy street, pick out people at random, and put together a better set of government leaders than the ones you've got? That thought occurred to me a while back -- at first, as a joke. But the more I've thought about it.... :D

I reckon you could select a handful of walnuts and get a better bunch of government leaders. But we can only blame ourselves, or at least blame those dumbos who voted them in to power.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I reckon you could select a handful of walnuts and get a better bunch of government leaders. But we can only blame ourselves, or at least blame those dumbos who voted them in to power.

I'm a firm believer in representative democracy, Christine, but I think it crucially depends on a well educated and well informed electorate. That I believe I see less and less of each year.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Ahhhh...it so hard to find anybody really thinking anymore,
Google Facebook.....wow !