• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's Your Chance to Stump Sunstone!

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Why is it when you walk your Speedos always seem to be bunched around your ankles?

Also, is that really a stump?

Tom

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Whatever happened to Ms. Doll? You two were always such a cute couple. And what about all your trampolines? RF obesity has went on the rise since you put them all away.

I'm thinking of bringing them back more often. There's a whole new generation on the Forum who've never had them inflicted upon them yet.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Was there a past, when you were a child, that affected your today?

Unfortunately, there was a traumatic incident when I was eight that seems to have been the trigger for childhood depression. That was misdiagnosed and consequently never treated. It bloomed into adolescent and then adult depressive episodes. I finally got adequate treatment for it in my very late 40s. Hence, I am now experiencing the happiest years of my life -- and they are quite happy.

Other than that, my childhood was mostly the normal one of longing, yearning, thirsting to grow up so that I could stay up as late I wanted to reading science fiction. I suspect today that would translate into wanting to stay up gaming.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Are you regretting having started this thread yet?

Yes....as of fifteen minutes after posting it and ever since. But who keeps track of the 127 hours and 36 minutes that have elapsed since I posted it when one is having so much fun?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
As a follow up question, are you usually fully clothed, partially nude or fully nude when you are at your computer?

Nowadays, fully clothed. A few years back, when I lived in a much less well ventilated apartment than my current cottage, I most often posted nude, or semi-nude. That neighborhood dogs would somehow sense it and howl, but I didn't mind. The place was hot nearly year around.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm going to ask a real question: you ask a lot of interesting questions about people's beliefs. So: what do you believe is the purpose of life, assuming you believe there is one? How does this fundamental assumption affect your attitude toward religion and spirituality?

Although I would not impose my views on anyone, I believe the ideal adult human is a strong, functional (as opposed to dysfunctional) individual who is true to themselves in a socially and environmentally responsible way. Within that context, I see choosing a purpose or meaning in life to be of somewhat more importance than merely being happy. But what one chooses to be ones purpose at thirty might be different from what one chooses to be ones purpose at 15 or 60.

Above that, I believe that one ought to as much as possible live a spiritual life in this sense of the word "spiritual": The manner and extent to which one deals with or manages ones' psychological self or "ego". Generally speaking, the more skillfully one manages it, the better -- not just for ones self, but for everyone that one influences.

If I had to choose between my ideal adult human and being genuinely adept at living quite "spiritually", I'd pick the latter. But I see the two as compatible.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This is a cliche, but i'm curious, if you could have one superpower, what would that be? :D

I do have a superpower! I'm unfailingly wrong about everything! Just ask my ex-wives.

But if I had one to pick, it would probably be something sick and mushy like the ability to love everyone. Note, I'm not someone who believes that loving someone doesn't mean you don't duck -- or even counter-punch -- when they try to punch you. That is, it doesn't mean you allow yourself to be abused. And I certainly would not be loving everyone for their benefit. That's insane. I'd do if for my own.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What is your favorite movie?

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. I was so impressed with that movie. More so than with any other movie in my recollection. In large part because the characters were multi-dimensional and the movie wouldn't allow you to take sides. It forces you to see them as humans. I find that very rare in films or even literature -- but not in life.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Also, is that really a stump?

Tom

Yup. It was much longer once, but due to a tragic accident, only three inches are left to me now. In happened in my army days during my very first fire-fight. Our sergeant yelled, "Let's show those ******** what we got!" Not correctly interpreting his command in the heat of my first battle, I whipped mine out and waved it at the enemy. I meant to humiliate them, of course, by the sheer magnificent size of the thing, but the next thing I knew I was I was in a hospital ward, six full inches of me gone. A few years later, back in civilian life, I joined a fire department upon hearing that fire fighters have longer hoses, but alas! Nothing would make it grow out again. That's when I decided to accept my loss and so had a racing stripe tattooed down one side of it and bolt of lighting down the other -- in hindsight, quite an unfortunate choice of symbolism.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Just keep in mind. I might not be able to answer promptly. I might be busy, staring dumbly at my monitor, stumped.

I heard rumors it's best to troubleshoot the simple things first.

Have you checked to see if the plug is still in?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I would have guessed more than six inches, based on your shoe size and the pics I've seen on the internet.
Oh well. Hope your doing well.
Tom

The is no evidence linking foot size and manliness.
None at all.
None that I'd recognize, as a completely objective and unbiased onlooker.

*Hides his geisha sized feet*

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What is behind your occasional mass (if not manic) production of new threads?

In the very early days of the Forum, Rex would PM me daily, sometimes twice daily, to start threads. "Put up five threads." He wanted the Forum to look active, I suppose, in order to attract new members, or he thought the threads would help retain the few members we had back then.

Nowadays it's because I get interested in seeing how people will respond to a question I'm thinking about, or because there are few or no threads on the Forum I'm interested in, or (perhaps most often) because I think a particular topic will interest certain folks I've in mind, or for other reasons. These days, I occasionally even get requests to start threads on specific topics.

Perhaps oddly enough, I seldom put up threads because I'm interested in personally debating a topic. I usually read the responses until the thread gets old, but I don't usually respond myself. Although I've done a bit more of that recently.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Unfortunately, there was a traumatic incident when I was eight that seems to have been the trigger for childhood depression. That was misdiagnosed and consequently never treated. It bloomed into adolescent and then adult depressive episodes. I finally got adequate treatment for it in my very late 40s. Hence, I am now experiencing the happiest years of my life -- and they are quite happy.

Other than that, my childhood was mostly the normal one of longing, yearning, thirsting to grow up so that I could stay up as late I wanted to reading science fiction. I suspect today that would translate into wanting to stay up gaming.
Would you mind if i asked what that traumatic incident was? If talking about it depresses you, i won't nag you for it. Such an incident sounds very serious to me.

And to lighten the mood a bit, i request a second question! If you existed in the Tolkien universe, what race (Elf, Man, Dwarf, Hobbit) would you be? :D

Craig Sedok

It seems these interview threads never go well for me unless I'm the one asking the questions. Someone always asks some question that stumps or mystifies me.. But oh well, I'll give it another try. Feel free to ask most anything about me, my values, opinions, background, politics, poetry, paintings, etc. Pretty much whatever you like.

Just keep in mind. I might not be able to answer promptly. I might be busy, staring dumbly at my monitor, stumped.

What sits at the top of the bermuda triangle and the whereabouts of the the thing named as the cup of life or holy grail. What exactly have you learned in your electronical travailer?