• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's your chance: Stump the Creationist

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

I am, as in many other subjects, a master of the science of creationism.

I would like to see if any of you can stump me with a respectful question in the attempt to stump me.

I know that many creationist / evolutionist debates often deteriorate into both sides just insulting eachother. Let's commit to civility and keep the conversation friendly.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Everything has a beginning, so God must have a beginning. Was God created by a different God on another brane?

David M

I would like to see if any of you can stump me with a respectful question in the attempt to stump me.

I know that many creationist / evolutionist debates often deteriorate into both sides just insulting eachother. Let's commit to civility and keep the conversation friendly.

What is a Biblical "Kind" and (as we are being friendly) roughly how does it translate to the terms used in the biological definition of species and in phylogentics?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Are you a Creationism in the sense of doubting Evolutionism (the arisal of new species along many generations), or only when it comes to how life came to be?

Skwim

Veteran Member

Assuming your "science" of creationism is based on the interpretation of a single book, why should anyone place more trust in it than the findings of secular science?

barek333

Are you a New Earth Creationist or you just believe that Creation is a better explanation then the ToE?

A

angellous_evangellous

Most of these questions can be answered in a single sentence:

The everlasting, uncreated God created every living thing when he chose according to (what science calls) current species and no evolution has occured since then.

A

angellous_evangellous

Assuming your "science" of creationism is based on the interpretation of a single book, why should anyone place more trust in it than the findings of secular science?

Our book contains the path to everlasting life.

horizon_mj1

Most of these questions can be answered in a single sentence:

The everlasting, uncreated God created every living thing when he chose according to (what science calls) current species and no evolution has occurred since then.
So I would guess that you are not aware of the small tropical islands of Galapagos? Currently on a continual basis planetary systems are destroyed while on the other side of the universe another is born. If the being in which controls all of this is of whom you speak, why is it that you must put definitions on what "sex" that being is? Is humanity so shallow and arrogant that they need to place themselves as being the exact same as that in which created us. The complexities of life and how it continually "evolves" is an ever lasting processes not only within our medial lives but in the endless lives within known existence. I apologize, but I honestly believe that most structured religious organizations do not worship their true creator, but a guardian of certain integral beliefs shared by humans and the Divine.

barek333

'Most of these questions can be answered in a single sentence:

The everlasting, uncreated God created every living thing when he chose according to (what science calls) current species and no evolution has occured since then.
'

So...by that statement...all of the fossils of extinct species are just that...species that became extinct through the passage of time. But at one point all of those species lived together.

Even though you don't believe in the ToE you probably do acknowledge of the vast number of extinct species..or are those just bones put there by God? If you do think those were once living beings then immediately I can ask you where did that abundance of life fit at The Beginning?

You understand the question right? With that many fossils of different species if no evolution occurred, then they all had to live at the first second..and if that was the case then there just wasn't enough place for all of them.

This is just an off the bat logical claim. I am new to this with English as a foreign language so please bare with me :)

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

What science supports creationism?

A

angellous_evangellous

Well, congrats. Your English is beautiful.

I'm not creationist anymore. I just wanted to see what it felt like for a little while.

Not very stimulating.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Angellous, how do you explain the overwhelming evidence of evolution? For example, how do you account for the fact that fossils in rock strata come in predictable mixes that suggest a gradual evolution from simpler to more complex life forms? (There is better evidence for evolution, but this will do for starters. Why does this question not "stump" you?)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Why are you my daddy and what are the genetic ramifications of this? :D

And do you prefer "the tell tale heart" or "the Cask of Amontillado"?

wa:do

A

angellous_evangellous

Angellous, how do you explain the overwhelming evidence of evolution? For example, how do you account for the fact that fossils in rock strata come in predictable mixes that suggest a gradual evolution from simpler to more complex life forms? (There is better evidence for evolution, but this will do for starters. Why does this question not "stump" you?)

I just pretend like it doesn't exsist.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
'Most of these questions can be answered in a single sentence:

'

So...by that statement...all of the fossils of extinct species are just that...species that became extinct through the passage of time. But at one point all of those species lived together.

Even though you don't believe in the ToE you probably do acknowledge of the vast number of extinct species..or are those just bones put there by God? If you do think those were once living beings then immediately I can ask you where did that abundance of life fit at The Beginning?

You understand the question right? With that many fossils of different species if no evolution occurred, then they all had to live at the first second..and if that was the case then there just wasn't enough place for all of them.

This is just an off the bat logical claim. I am new to this with English as a foreign language so please bare with me :)
Is it your claim that without evolution all the creatures that have been fossilized haad to have lived at the same time?

A

angellous_evangellous

Why are you my daddy and what are the genetic ramifications of this? :D

And do you prefer "the tell tale heart" or "the Cask of Amontillado"?

wa:do

I was notified as such by an international team of scientists.

And definately the Cask.

A

angellous_evangellous

Is it your claim that without evolution all the creatures that have been fossilized haad to have lived at the same time?

That's what I was saying but I'm not taking this thread seriously anyway. :biglaugh: