• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here are five felonies Trump committed — if Cohen is telling the truth

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This man knows what he is talking about.

He may have given Trump a little help, but he far from exonerated the man. And impeachment is almost certainly out. Even if supporting evidence is revealed in the investigation the Republican Senate is almost certainly not to do the right thing in that case. But Trump will be able to be charged after he leaves office. With that hanging over his head he may make a deal himself. As you know the man who 'never settles' settled lawsuits quite frequently.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So, basically all that tells me is -- Cohen is #1 to Cohen, he's willing to lie for money or any perceived profit for himself.
That tends to be those Trump kept around him throughout his campaign and administration, including Trump himself.

Notanumber

A Free Man
One of the things that I have to thank Donald Trump for is his calling out of Fake News.

I wonder how many of us had previously realised that the mainstream media were treating us like political mushrooms and now the Internet is being targeted.

European governments are fearful of free speech because it undermines their propaganda.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
One of the things that I have to thank Donald Trump for is his calling out of Fake News.

I wonder how many of us had previously realised that the mainstream media were treating us like political mushrooms and now the Internet is being targeted.

European governments are fearful of free speech because it undermines their propaganda.

What are you talking about? His election was partially won on take news.

sooda

Veteran Member

Trump is an avid fan of crackpot conspiracy theories.. He is not intelligent enough to determine fake news from lies... and he's too lazy to make any effort to read or learn.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Trump is an avid fan of crackpot conspiracy theories.. He is not intelligent enough to determine fake news from lies... and he's too lazy to make any effort to read or learn.
I don't think I'd mind a "minimum number of books read requirement" to hold public office. If someone doesn't actively engage in reading and learning, I don't want them running things.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
That tends to be those Trump kept around him throughout his campaign and administration, including Trump himself.

Yeah, but foolishness is thinking any politician is on your side. :D

It doesn't really matter what they're calling themselves, they're just in it for them, unless proven otherwise.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yeah, but foolishness is thinking any politician is on your side. :D
I would say there have been a few who have genuinely worked on the behalf of the interests of America and the American people (Most I suspect would fall into varying degrees of country and personal/party interests). But they are in very rare short supply and party politics puts up a very huge barrier in the way of the being more of a reality.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
An important point to remember is that Cohen really would have no advantage in lying because his sentence could become longer by doing as such, plus since he already was sentenced there would be nothing for him to gain by it.

But both Trump and the congressional Republicans could have the motivation to lie to try and cover up Trump's legal and p.r. issues and because of the upcoming 2020 election.

Last edited:

wellwisher

An important point to remember is that Cohen really would have no advantage in lying because his sentence could become longer by doing as such, plus since he already was sentenced there would be nothing for him to gain by it.

But both Trump and the congressional Republicans could have the motivation to lie to try and cover up Trump's legal and p.r. issues and because of the upcoming 2020 election.

Trump has the presidential power to pardon. Congress does not have this power. Therefore, one scenario to consider is, say Trump indirectly told Cohen to tell the Democrats what they wish to here; lounge lizard picking up a girl, in exchange for a future pardon after the election.

If the Democrats bite, they will be barking up the wrong trees, and will also show themselves being both stupid and vindictive. This can help Trump in 2020, since the morons will waste time and resources looking for nothing but fake news gossip than cannot stick.

The Democrats tried to railroad Trump with the phony Russian collusion charge. This has been debunked. It is now not even part of the news cycle. This waste of time and money opens the Democrats to charges of treason and other types of crimes. They are desparate to get the upper hand, back. If they can win in 2020, they can rigged the system to make it go away. Trump knows this and he is timing his counter offensive to make it harder for the snakes to wiggle away, before the ax falls.

You will notice that the pace and diversity of fake news has increased, drastically, lately. The Democrats are throwing everything in the water to find some new political bait. The Democrats assume, even if Cohen lies, as long as the lie in their behalf, they can use fake news to spin it. But they need to be careful, less Cohen already made a deal, to get them to waste time and dig an even deeper hole for themselves.

The timing of the Cohen testimony, with a major foreign affairs negotiation, showed how the Democrats would sell out the interests of their own country for political gain. Trump could have done the same thing with Barr and Mueller; his own political gain, but he put country first and walked way from a bad North Korean deal, even if the Democrats would spin this in hypocritical fashion. They fell for the bait.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The Democrats tried to railroad Trump with the phony Russian collusion charge. This has been debunked.
That's not true as we do not yet know what Mueller may have concluded. On top of that, it's hard for me to imagine Trump not knowing anything about the Russian contacts dealing with the election as there are people very close to him around him who we know were involved, thus the indictments and the plea deals.

You will notice that the pace and diversity of fake news has increased, drastically, lately.
When I read someone posting the words "fake news", that's a red flag that such a person has a highly partisan mind-set.

The timing of the Cohen testimony, with a major foreign affairs negotiation, showed how the Democrats would sell out the interests of their own country for political gain.
It's not only logical, but mandatory with the information that has been coming out that this administration must be further investigated, and we'll have to wait and see what turns up.

And if Trump is supposedly so innocent, why has he tried to stop these investigations, constantly posting "witch hunt"? Innocent people don't normally act like that.

It's clear that you have already prejudged this, but my contention is let the investigations continue and let's see what they may or may not lead to..