• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hemp oil???????????????

Riders

Does it work? I just ordered my first bottle of it. I think we're suppose to take one tiny drop of it? I hope I don't get too much. I have read that it is safer then CBD oil and it comes from Cannabis but that's the only thing it has in common with CBD. It is also legal, so is CBD but I think there are certain laws which has things about it that is confusing.

But if anyone knows the differences could you put it here? Also let me know your opinion of hemp oil and the difference between that and CBD oil if you have taken both and also if you have just taken one of them let me know.Thanks.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
CBD oil seems to be safe. I don't know where you read it was not but without some links to a medical story, I can't speak further.

Personally I would not use hemp oil with THC unless a doctor prescribed it. I would use CBD because it's THC free as I understand it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Does it work? I just ordered my first bottle of it. I think we're suppose to take one tiny drop of it? I hope I don't get too much. I have read that it is safer then CBD oil and it comes from Cannabis but that's the only thing it has in common with CBD. It is also legal, so is CBD but I think there are certain laws which has things about it that is confusing.

But if anyone knows the differences could you put it here? Also let me know your opinion of hemp oil and the difference between that and CBD oil if you have taken both and also if you have just taken one of them let me know.Thanks.

I hope you check the legality of that.

Riders

CBD oil seems to be safe. I don't know where you read it was not but without some links to a medical story, I can't speak further.

Personally I would not use hemp oil with THC unless a doctor prescribed it. I would use CBD because it's THC free as I understand it.

I was told the exact opposite but I will try and find a link to an article on the net. CBD oil had a news story on it on The Talk this week on CBS.

They said they don't know what's in it because different levels of stuff has gone in it and so pharmacy group that judges weather stuff like this is safe or not has not approved it because they do not know what's in it.

Riders

I think it is too as far as I know. As long as the trace THC is below certain threshold but I hear that in some places, you'd require a doctor's prescription for that.

This websight is pro CBD and admits CBD has THC and HEmp does not. It has lots of interesting information but claims the THC in CBD is more medicinal so claiming Hemp is not as medicinal and healing as CBD.

But Id rather have it be less, because I don't want a strong pain reliver that makes me high! I would rather have the less but we will see if it's any good though.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I work with farmers who raise it, process it and i market it and make infused CBE hump olive oil and yes it works for helping me sleep reducing night pain and discomfort.

QuestioningMind

I can't speak for hemp oil, but I use a cbd salve sold here in Oregon that works wonders. Last summer I sank a number of post holes with a post hole digger and in the process hit several large rocks. By the end of the day the jarring impact had my right elbow swollen up and I couldn't extend it. The swelling went down, but for a good eight months after that I couldn't fully extend my arm without severe discomfort. I was resigned to having to go see a doctor when my brother gave me a jar of this salve. I started putting on each day and with less than a week I could extend my arm with just the slightest discomfort. Now the elbow is as good as new. The cbd's are supposed to do wonders with inflammation. I now use it for arthritis pain in my hands and lower back pain. It works FAR better than any deep heating rubs or anything else I've tried. As for any adverse side effects, I know of absolutely none.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This websight is pro CBD and admits CBD has THC and HEmp does not. It has lots of interesting information but claims the THC in CBD is more medicinal so claiming Hemp is not as medicinal and healing as CBD.

But Id rather have it be less, because I don't want a strong pain reliver that makes me high! I would rather have the less but we will see if it's any good though.
Even my cardiologist advocates prescription cannabis oil because I have episodes of hyperventilation of ever since the heart attack although that has diminished since. So if my doctor is privy to the benefits it certainly can help. The only problem is if I take it in my case, because of the federal laws, I cannot drive anymore so I have to take alternate medicines.

I hope it helps you out though. While I'm not a big fan of THC I alternately will not vilify cannabis because it's true what people say that there are benefits to be derived from the plant from a medical standpoint that isn't associated with recreational use.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

CBD is generally safe. An area if caution with it though, is it isn't all created equal, and lower quality products are known to srill have detectable amounts of THC in them.
As fkr the health benefits, with cannabis it really is a "full package" deal as their are several terepenes, such as THC and CBD, the full range of health benefits. But, on its own, CBD does offer a range of benefits and is non-psychoactive.
Hemp is the raw product, and for health is a very rich source of fiber. Myself, I also find small amounts to be a wonderful flavor additive for cooking in earthy and savory dishes and desserts (it really sets the flavor off, but just a small amount as the flavor is very potent).
As for legalities, it's really all at the state. Hemp oil is generally legal though.But you'll still want to research it.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Hemp oil is pretty much the same as linseed oil. There are no psychoactive or medicinal substances in it. You can use it for cooking like olive oil or sunflower oil.
In other words, it's a health craze and you probably have paid much too much for it.

Riders

CBD is generally safe. An area if caution with it though, is it isn't all created equal, and lower quality products are known to srill have detectable amounts of THC in them.
As fkr the health benefits, with cannabis it really is a "full package" deal as their are several terepenes, such as THC and CBD, the full range of health benefits. But, on its own, CBD does offer a range of benefits and is non-psychoactive.
Hemp is the raw product, and for health is a very rich source of fiber. Myself, I also find small amounts to be a wonderful flavor additive for cooking in earthy and savory dishes and desserts (it really sets the flavor off, but just a small amount as the flavor is very potent).
As for legalities, it's really all at the state. Hemp oil is generally legal though.But you'll still want to research it.

Does it help with pain?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Does it help with pain?

Yes, but it is to a certain extent an individual response and the type pain. It is worth the effort to try it.

The only concern to my knowledge are allergic reactions. I have a friend who is allergic to hemp products.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Does it help with pain?
It depends. Yes and no. Typically and generally, as far as pain pills and relief go, it's usually considered about on par with Tylenol. Its also known to enhance the effect of narcotic pain relievers, meaning with a small amount of cannabis you may get "more bang for your buck" if you are prescribed a narcotic.
Anecdotally, such as after surgery, traumatic injures hurt more. A little bit to help with anxiety management, however, tends to bring pain relief and relief.
(***I am, of course, not a doctor and no one should act on my advice without researching the legalities of their state and municipality, without researching and knowing a drug to honestly say you have an informed consent level of understanding of what the drug can, may, and might do to you, and, of course and most importantly, not acting without medical supervision. Nothing is without potential side effects, some people are allergic to cannabis, a few severely so. Medication interactions is another thing that must be considered before using ANY drug).

Riders

It works! It gets rid of pain. However a tiny drop of it reminded me a tiny bit of pot a tenth to the power of pot but bit of a hazy head but it felt good. Didn't last more then an hour.

What I really want to use it for is pain in my knees and legs! It left my mouth really numb! Id like to rub it on my knees when I am in pain see if it numbs it good!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

CBD is only supposed to have very minute and trace amounts of THC, far below the threshhold of what a drug test canbpredicy or what can make you high. However, the issue is is that this industry is vastly unregulated, not all products are created equal, and those of cheap, shody, and hurried production can have THC levels in them, not enough to get you high but high enough to make you fail a drug screen.