• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Helping those seeking political Asylum

Ellen Brown

Again, I'm sorry, I don't know where to put this.

I am still mostly Muslim but not observant like I was. Those who know me on this forum, know me as someone who knows Bible, and Quran from an academic point of view, but at the same time I'm concerned that the religions are in crisis, and many are not doing what God, Allah SWT, G_D calls them to do, probably myself some of the time.

I used to have lots of contact with Muslims, especially women from Saudi Arabia, and some from Iran. From the snippets I'm hearing, many young women are seeking Asylum in the west, for what should be obvious reasons. I am guessing the numbers from just KSA are around 2300 in 2018.

I don't care what your belief is or if you have one, if you become aware of anyone doing this, please help them? I am pleading from the bottom of my heart.

A man who I'd had lots of contact with until about a year ago, once told me that he thought the Saudi Government would fail in 5 years, and that has not happened.

I am very sad that the Christians of the ilk that I came from will likely condemn any refugee if they can not buttonhole them into becoming Christian. The Love of Jesus Christ was not so conditional, think about what you do!

Please?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Indeed! They are coming here to get away from that nonsense, not bring it here with them. And, truly, this is something America excels in. If Europe sends their Muslim immigrants here, they won't be holing up in insulated communities for long.

Ellen Brown

Indeed! They are coming here to get away from that nonsense, not bring it here with them. And, truly, this is something America excels in. If Europe sends their Muslim immigrants here, they won't be holing up in insulated communities for long.

Especially not the women because they've had enough of such foolishness. Sometimes I think the men are quite dim. My friend from KSA told me that only about 27% of Muslims are even religious. Alcohol is a huge issue over there.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Again, I'm sorry, I don't know where to put this.

I am still mostly Muslim but not observant like I was. Those who know me on this forum, know me as someone who knows Bible, and Quran from an academic point of view, but at the same time I'm concerned that the religions are in crisis, and many are not doing what God, Allah SWT, G_D calls them to do, probably myself some of the time.

I used to have lots of contact with Muslims, especially women from Saudi Arabia, and some from Iran. From the snippets I'm hearing, many young women are seeking Asylum in the west, for what should be obvious reasons. I am guessing the numbers from just KSA are around 2300 in 2018.

I don't care what your belief is or if you have one, if you become aware of anyone doing this, please help them? I am pleading from the bottom of my heart.

A man who I'd had lots of contact with until about a year ago, once told me that he thought the Saudi Government would fail in 5 years, and that has not happened.

I am very sad that the Christians of the ilk that I came from will likely condemn any refugee if they can not buttonhole them into becoming Christian. The Love of Jesus Christ was not so conditional, think about what you do!

Please?
Sorry if this is slightly off topic.

You know, the wall isn't just about $5 billion. And it's not about the $10 billion the Democrats are offering (hmmm.. they are offering twice as much, maybe they want to help?). But then again is it really about the $298 billion it costs to provide for these people?

The way I see it is, with all the wealth of America maybe that is a good price tag for us to help others. And furthermore, it effects the next election, making the wall politically worth how trillions get spent!

Ellen Brown

Sorry if this is slightly off topic.

You know, the wall isn't just about $5 billion. And it's not about the $10 billion the Democrats are offering (hmmm.. they are offering twice as much, maybe they want to help?). But then again is it really about the $298 billion it costs to provide for these people?

The way I see it is, with all the wealth of America maybe that is a good price tag for us to help others. And furthermore, it effects the next election, making the wall politically worth how trillions get spent!

The wall is an offense to the decency that God has called mankind to.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
religions are in crisis, and many are not doing what God, Allah SWT, G_D calls them to do, probably myself some of the time.

There's a serious gap between those focused on rituals and ceremonies and those focused on trying to live lives of compassion and love.

We are all "sinners on this bus". Some of us see this and try to improve.

The Love of Jesus Christ was not so conditional, think about what you do!

For Christians who believe in the Bible at least to some degree, the basis of Christianity was stated as the "Two greatest commandments', the law of love. The deepest application of that law is not limited to those who agree but the call is to try to love everyone.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
But the Bible was written to apply only to Americans, especially white ones, and doesn't apply to people from any other countries except perhaps Jews in Israel, certainly not Palestinians

Mindmaster

Premium Member
The wall is an offense to the decency that God has called mankind to.

I'd be down with that, but God doesn't pay the taxes. :D

Illegal immigration and crime consume resources that would be otherwise put to a better use. (And, I can think that almost any use is better than this use.)

To put it simply, you could double the amount of SNAP funds, welfare cash, and medical benefits you gave the poor if we weren't throwing all our money out on people who jumped the fence. And, that'd still be less than the public strain illegals cause to our programs.

Lyndon

Premium Member
illegal immigrants do not cost as much as they contribute to the economy, the idea that they cost us more money is more fake news form the crazy right wing media. They pay more in taxes than they take out in government services too.

Shaul

Premium Member
The U.S. takes in more asylum seekers than any other country. It annually takes in over a million migrants each year and routinely over 60,000 asylum seekers.

As Mindmaster noted, illegal immigration consumes resources that would allow the U.S, to do more.

Shaul

Premium Member
illegal immigrants do not cost as much as they contribute to the economy, the idea that they cost us more money is more fake news form the crazy right wing media. They pay more in taxes than they take out in government services too.
No, illegal immigration is a net financial loss for the country. But even if that were not the case and illegal immigration was a net financial gain that would be irrelevant. Illegal immigration exploits desperate people and is a form of human trafficking. Both are morally wrong.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

That fails any basic sanity test. Let's play with math.

Say an illegal does a job that someone else would be paid for half price. Take your average $15/hr construction job, so they do it for $7 tax free. Of course, that's not enough money to live without aid so they're getting $300 extra a month for SNAP food benefits and extra money + healthcare (worth about $500/head these days). So, they're getting maybe $1300+800 in benefits or about $2100 and it's tax free. They are also getting a section 8, so they're paying stupidly low rent -- it can vary a bit, but generally it's about half the cost it is normally. This guy pays nothing to the state or IRS because they don't even have a social security number.

At the same time, they stole that job from the American who is playing by the rules and can't work under the table and that guy would be paid $2800ish for the same work. He has to pay for his food and his Obummercare for about 800, and his rent is full price at $600/month, so he "makes" only $1400/mo really before taxes. This guy makes too much money to get any sort of aid. This guy pays about 12% of his income to the IRS and makes around 33k/year... so about 4k in taxes to them, and some more to his local state. But, this guy doesn't exist because the illegal has his job, lol.

One is a leech, one is paying into the common pool for all. That sad part is the leech has a similar standard of life to our American in example. How that is fair to anyone is beyond me. Btw, I didn't pluck the numbers out of the air but used numbers that would be identical to the state I live in. It may be different in other states, but I just don't know enough detail to come up with those examples. All the wage figures and whatnot are typical for Illinois, etc. :D

Unless of course, you mean by "living as a serf" to a more well-to do business person who is exploiting the fact that the government is pretty happy to provide corporate welfare and let you pay illegals peanuts. The only people "coming ahead" in this equation are rich ones. I thought you liberals didn't like those folks, lol.

Lyndon

Premium Member
That fails any basic sanity test. Let's play with math.

Say an illegal does a job that someone else would be paid for half price. Take your average $15/hr construction job, so they do it for $7 tax free. Of course, that's not enough money to live without aid so they're getting $300 extra a month for SNAP food benefits and extra money + healthcare (worth about $500/head these days). So, they're getting maybe $1300+800 in benefits or about $2100 and it's tax free. They are also getting a section 8, so they're paying stupidly low rent -- it can vary a bit, but generally it's about half the cost it is normally. This guy pays nothing to the state or IRS because they don't even have a social security number.

At the same time, they stole that job from the American who is playing by the rules and can't work under the table and that guy would be paid $2800ish for the same work. He has to pay for his food and his Obummercare for about 800, and his rent is full price at $600/month, so he "makes" only $1400/mo really before taxes. This guy makes too much money to get any sort of aid. This guy pays about 12% of his income to the IRS and makes around 33k/year... so about 4k in taxes to them, and some more to his local state. But, this guy doesn't exist because the illegal has his job, lol.

One is a leech, one is paying into the common pool for all. That sad part is the leech has a similar standard of life to our American in example. How that is fair to anyone is beyond me. Btw, I didn't pluck the numbers out of the air but used numbers that would be identical to the state I live in. It may be different in other states, but I just don't know enough detail to come up with those examples. All the wage figures and whatnot are typical for Illinois, etc. :D

Unless of course, you mean by "living as a serf" to a more well-to do business person who is exploiting the fact that the government is pretty happy to provide corporate welfare and let you pay illegals peanuts. The only people "coming ahead" in this equation are rich ones. I thought you liberals didn't like those folks, lol.

I'd recommend taking a course in Math, and statistics.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I'd recommend taking a course in Math, and statistics.

Absolutely not required for what amounts to 3rd or 4th grade math. :D

Perhaps it would be better to phrase it simpler: Why do the illegals get to take out of the government money when they don't pay in but the American who's paying in probably can't because they make too much even at low income levels? :D

And, any report that I've seen championing the merit of immigrants was describing the LEGAL ones not the illegal ones. The wall only has to do with the illegals.

Lyndon

Premium Member
So you don't think illegal immigrants pay taxes, how ignorant is that??

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It is nonsense that in the 21st century we do not acknowledge that women in these countries are oppressed. Where is the voice of feminism? The feminists would rather boycot Israel than speak out against the honor killings in Saudi Arabia. But getting back to the matter in hand, we very definitely should allow women fleeing male oppression in Muslim countries to have asylum here in the U.S. To deny them is to pretend their cause is not really "serious"--a slam against women around the world.