• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help with Smartphone Choice

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I am switching my carrier, it has more to do with the fact that I bought my daughter a new iPhone 6 at the Apple Store to use at her University, and she went with T-Mobile. So, actually I decided I could get a good deal (I am paying for everything, anyway) if I add two more phones so I figured I would switch carriers and also get me and my wife new phones since our current ones are getting sort of out of date.

My wife wants the “Samsung Galaxy S6 edge” but I don’t want a Galaxy this time. I was thinking of getting a Nokia Lumia series phone with Microsoft OS on it, but others said not a good idea and it doesn’t matter since I cannot even get such a phone from T-Mobile anyway so that idea is dead.

So, I am reaching out as far as the following phones:

iPhone 6 (6 plus) – my daughter likes it, but honestly I am a Windows and Linux guy. But of course, Android isn’t Windows nor Linux, certainly not Unix. Android is Android, and being a user of Android for many years now I am sort of used to it – and have purchased all sorts of Android apps - but ready to be open to other things. But honestly, I am not an Apple “loyalist”, in fact even though I also bought an Apple computer among the several computers/PCs/laptops for home use, I went right back to using Windows based OS and systems as well as Linux systems and used the Apple so little I ended up putting it in my rented storage unit! Ok, ok, Apple is great, but for some reason I am not an Apple guy. I don’t even own Apple stock. I guess I am not like my daughter. Someone explain why I don’t go Apple, maybe it is my personality or something. Someone give me a reason if they think so. Is there a smartphone running Linux?

HTC One® M9 - 5.69 x 2.74 x 0.37 inches, looks interesting.

LG G4 silver - 5.86 x 3 x 0.38 inches, bigger than the HTC One above, the non-leather addon edition.

LG G Stylo - 6.07 x 3.12 x 0.38 inches, getting big but I have to zoom in on smaller phones or use reading glasses because I am almost 60 years old now. So maybe big is better.

I guess that’s it … not a lot of choices. (?) Hmmm... well.