• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help with my Interview Paper

DullyNoted

For my college class, we need to interview someone who is of a different religion than ourselves. I'm kind of shy and the idea of approaching strangers and asking about their religion seems rather impossible for me. My paper is due soon and I could really use some help since I am without options.

Please tell me a bit about yourself, (i.e. age, how long have you been practicing, how did you find it, did your family practice the same religion, how actively involved are they, and etc.) Talk about the central beliefs and practices of your religion as you understand them and how much these have influenced your lives.

Also, some other questions to ponder upon:

1. What are the most important values or ethics? How is the believer expected to act (toward other persons, and cultures, toward nature, toward the deity)?

2. If there is a divine being(s), how do they experience the divinity? What is this being(s) like?

3. Is there an historical founder? Who What do they know about the founder?

4. How does this religion believe that the world came to be?

5. Does this religion have a generally positive or negative attitude toward the world? Is the world primarily a place of goodness/blessing or of evil/suffering?

6. According to this religion, what happens when/after a person dies?

7. Are there sacred writings, and if so, what are they? What role do they play in this tradition?

8. What is the religion's attitude toward sexuality?

9. Is there regular worship or ritual and if so, what is it like?

10. What aspects if their religion d they find most appealing?

11. What do they consider as the outstanding characteristics of their religion?

12. Are there any aspects of this religion with which they are not comfortable?

13. What are their concerns if any, with how outsiders view their religion?

Thanks for your time and help!