• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I going to hell?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if you fail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AU_001

Hello,

Please bare with me as this will probably seem like an extreme melodrama being spouted by an internet troll or a psychopath. Believe me when I say I am of no danger to myself or others. My fears surrounding the following dilemma ensure this at all times.

I'm writing this because I have come to realise that I need help in conquering my doubts and fears in life. I myself am not a Christian. I may have been baptized one? I don't even know. Nor have I lived a life in accordance to the tenets of the faith. In fact I have lived a life most likely to be deemed damnable by the standards of your judgement. I have openly challenged the existence of god, used his name in vain, rejected his love and fallen to temptation. Growing up as a teenager I was heavily into the ideas of black magic and Satanism. Nothing overly barbaric, mostly just philosophical. In fact I don't think I have ever once actually performed a single Satanic related ritual or committed any deeds in the name of Satan. Though I did openly desire that demons would embrace me and that I could help destroy Christianity. Finally - thankfully - I came to realise how absurd an idea this was. But now, looking back I realise that it was around this time that I sank into a depression that only grew deeper as I got older. I look back and feel that I have wasted my life. With belief in neither God nor Satan or any other deity for that matter, I became an existential nihilist. I openly challenged the idea of God. I dismissed his followers as intellectually inferior, often engaging in debate against their faith. I rejected the sanctity of God. I saw nothing but dust in an endless infinite chaos to which we are doomed to die without meaning or purpose. This drove me down so deep that I could barely function as an adult. I could not be the man I could be. I could not see the man I was. That I sometimes unintentionally hurt (not physical) or disappointed the people around me only drove me further into my pit. That I feel like I have no purpose leaves me numb and hopeless. Every day I have lived in absolute fear of death and the futility of everything. But I have come to feel that the only way I can accept my mortality is to step up and be a part of the world. But so long was I lost, cursing the idea of God, rejecting his divinity. I was forgotten. And I did suffer in the ruin and disappointment that shadowed me. I became my own enemy, my highest mountain. A shell within which I was nothing but a random oddity derived from neural activity in my brain. That I even would begin to slightly believe in a higher power I would find myself in contempt. For the most part I stand now an Agnostic I suppose. But I do so heavily lean in favor of science, often doubting the existence of any man-made God. If I were to quantify my faith I would say that I believe in Chaos Theory somewhere about 50 percent. Belief in a higher power responsible for reality but not something of human design I would put at about 49%. This includes the possibilities of simulated universes, multiple universes, belief that we are accountable to something much larger than ourselves that we cannot possibly be in a place to determine it. And finally, belief in the existence of Jesus and the Christian God or any other man-made God I would give 1% just because I do not feel I am in the position to claim clarity over reality.

But upon realising what I have written, I begin to question why all of these negative feelings began around about the same time I began entertaining the ideas of Satanism and witchcraft. I feel worthless and exhausted. I feel guilt for my sins and my spite of God. I feel as though I am slowly rotting into dust, a twisted malformed version of my true self. I feel as though this is my punishment for rejecting his love. That I am doomed to this confusion and misery for what I have done. That by cursing his name and by blaspheming so viciously I was condemned to suffer for my abandon. And so I come here to seek help from those who I hope are willing to offer it. I have so many reservations and questions that I am struggling with.

First and foremost I am questioning whether or not, having turned so far away from God, I would be forgiven for my hatred? Would I find in him mercy for having drifted lost and unaccomplished for so long? That I denounced his existence or merely questioned it? I just want to know that I mean something. That there is a point to anything. I don't know if I can completely accept this as an absolute truth - my brain has become so scientific and logical that often I cannot possibly see reason to believe in anything. But I know that unless I do prove my worthiness, whether that be for material reasons or spiritual, I am doomed to die alone and unfulfilled. If I seek to better the world will I be given the strength to pick myself up and shed this weight of evil I have gathered upon me? Will he take away that fear of death and non-existence which haunts me behind all other thoughts? And what if I feel too ashamed to openly declare my feelings? That I might slip and fall into utter hopelessness once again? Am I then to be damned or forgotten? What if I fight so hard in my brain to be the better person and to help those around me but the energy just doesn't come? This is me now - I struggle not to disappoint myself or others and usually fail miserably. Does that make me damned or forgotten?

I am terrified of life itself. I am without guidance, without hope. I am humbled by the possibility of something greater, but challenged by my intellectual curiosity. Can I be forgiven? Will I be given the strength to come back to you? Will this endless suffering be eased that I may once again feel the embrace of innocence and some semblance of joy? Can he take away my fear of the unknown and forgive me of my sins?

I fear for my ability to become the best I can be. I have taken the steps to begin my path into personal and / or divine salvation yet I struggle so hard to overcome the weight that undermines me. I want to be better whether God exists or not - what point is there otherwise? I fear that to fail in this pursuit would fulfill my prophecy of chaos. Yet I am only human and at the mercy of reality whether I understand it or not. Can he forgive me despite my sins? Can I keep this personal matter without admitting to my feelings and still be forgiven so long as I abide and respect God's wills?

Anyway, surely this is a minor novel by now so I will leave it at that. Any mature input or advice from this community would be utterly appreciated and I am happy to discuss any of the matters mentioned.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
You can be forgiven as long as you turn your life around, given your claim that you didn't live a good life, I don't know the details. God is a God of forgiveness and Mercy, not vindictive Judgmentalism, IMHO.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Here are some beautiful verses to consder from Yechezkel

And if the wicked man repent of all his sins that he has committed and keeps all My laws and executes justice and righteousness, he shall surely live, he shall not die. All his transgressions that he has committed shall not be remembered regarding him: through his righteousness that he has done he shall live. Do I desire the death of the wicked? says the Lord God. Is it not rather in his repenting of his ways that he may live?

Welcome to RF :)

Kirran

Premium Member
You'll be fine. Just live as best you can from this moment onwards. The past is the past, and we're put through all sorts of experiences for our evolution. The only time you can have influence over is the present, so just work with that. God loves you, He isn't vindictive. God's not some distant ruler, he's right there around you all the time, and seated deep within your heart.

If Satanism and so on doesn't work for you, drop it like a hot potato!

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Take a breath, live as today is your first day, everyday. The end is as unknown as it is inevitable.

buddhist

Hello,

Please bare with me as this will probably seem like an extreme melodrama being spouted by an internet troll or a psychopath. Believe me when I say I am of no danger to myself or others. My fears surrounding the following dilemma ensure this at all times.

I'm writing this because I have come to realise that I need help in conquering my doubts and fears in life. I myself am not a Christian. I may have been baptized one? I don't even know. Nor have I lived a life in accordance to the tenets of the faith. In fact I have lived a life most likely to be deemed damnable by the standards of your judgement. I have openly challenged the existence of god, used his name in vain, rejected his love and fallen to temptation. Growing up as a teenager I was heavily into the ideas of black magic and Satanism. Nothing overly barbaric, mostly just philosophical. In fact I don't think I have ever once actually performed a single Satanic related ritual or committed any deeds in the name of Satan. Though I did openly desire that demons would embrace me and that I could help destroy Christianity. Finally - thankfully - I came to realise how absurd an idea this was. But now, looking back I realise that it was around this time that I sank into a depression that only grew deeper as I got older. I look back and feel that I have wasted my life. With belief in neither God nor Satan or any other deity for that matter, I became an existential nihilist. I openly challenged the idea of God. I dismissed his followers as intellectually inferior, often engaging in debate against their faith. I rejected the sanctity of God. I saw nothing but dust in an endless infinite chaos to which we are doomed to die without meaning or purpose. This drove me down so deep that I could barely function as an adult. I could not be the man I could be. I could not see the man I was. That I sometimes unintentionally hurt (not physical) or disappointed the people around me only drove me further into my pit. That I feel like I have no purpose leaves me numb and hopeless. Every day I have lived in absolute fear of death and the futility of everything. But I have come to feel that the only way I can accept my mortality is to step up and be a part of the world. But so long was I lost, cursing the idea of God, rejecting his divinity. I was forgotten. And I did suffer in the ruin and disappointment that shadowed me. I became my own enemy, my highest mountain. A shell within which I was nothing but a random oddity derived from neural activity in my brain. That I even would begin to slightly believe in a higher power I would find myself in contempt. For the most part I stand now an Agnostic I suppose. But I do so heavily lean in favor of science, often doubting the existence of any man-made God. If I were to quantify my faith I would say that I believe in Chaos Theory somewhere about 50 percent. Belief in a higher power responsible for reality but not something of human design I would put at about 49%. This includes the possibilities of simulated universes, multiple universes, belief that we are accountable to something much larger than ourselves that we cannot possibly be in a place to determine it. And finally, belief in the existence of Jesus and the Christian God or any other man-made God I would give 1% just because I do not feel I am in the position to claim clarity over reality.

But upon realising what I have written, I begin to question why all of these negative feelings began around about the same time I began entertaining the ideas of Satanism and witchcraft. I feel worthless and exhausted. I feel guilt for my sins and my spite of God. I feel as though I am slowly rotting into dust, a twisted malformed version of my true self. I feel as though this is my punishment for rejecting his love. That I am doomed to this confusion and misery for what I have done. That by cursing his name and by blaspheming so viciously I was condemned to suffer for my abandon. And so I come here to seek help from those who I hope are willing to offer it. I have so many reservations and questions that I am struggling with.

First and foremost I am questioning whether or not, having turned so far away from God, I would be forgiven for my hatred? Would I find in him mercy for having drifted lost and unaccomplished for so long? That I denounced his existence or merely questioned it? I just want to know that I mean something. That there is a point to anything. I don't know if I can completely accept this as an absolute truth - my brain has become so scientific and logical that often I cannot possibly see reason to believe in anything. But I know that unless I do prove my worthiness, whether that be for material reasons or spiritual, I am doomed to die alone and unfulfilled. If I seek to better the world will I be given the strength to pick myself up and shed this weight of evil I have gathered upon me? Will he take away that fear of death and non-existence which haunts me behind all other thoughts? And what if I feel too ashamed to openly declare my feelings? That I might slip and fall into utter hopelessness once again? Am I then to be damned or forgotten? What if I fight so hard in my brain to be the better person and to help those around me but the energy just doesn't come? This is me now - I struggle not to disappoint myself or others and usually fail miserably. Does that make me damned or forgotten?

I am terrified of life itself. I am without guidance, without hope. I am humbled by the possibility of something greater, but challenged by my intellectual curiosity. Can I be forgiven? Will I be given the strength to come back to you? Will this endless suffering be eased that I may once again feel the embrace of innocence and some semblance of joy? Can he take away my fear of the unknown and forgive me of my sins?

I fear for my ability to become the best I can be. I have taken the steps to begin my path into personal and / or divine salvation yet I struggle so hard to overcome the weight that undermines me. I want to be better whether God exists or not - what point is there otherwise? I fear that to fail in this pursuit would fulfill my prophecy of chaos. Yet I am only human and at the mercy of reality whether I understand it or not. Can he forgive me despite my sins? Can I keep this personal matter without admitting to my feelings and still be forgiven so long as I abide and respect God's wills?

Anyway, surely this is a minor novel by now so I will leave it at that. Any mature input or advice from this community would be utterly appreciated and I am happy to discuss any of the matters mentioned.
Welcome to RF, @AU_001 ...

I was in a similar journey and struggle, and found peace in the truths of Buddhism - perhaps it would help you as well. In light of Buddhism, the main problem we have to face is our own emotions/suffering and the results that they produce. There are no sins that can be committed against the will of an "Almighty God".

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
it takes just as much faith to believe the Buddha was a perfectly enlightened being that had the answers to life, as it does to believe that Jesus was an enlightened master with wisdom for the ages, to try and claim Buddhism is any more rational than Jesus' teaching is just hogwash as far as I'm concerned. They both had their mostly good points, but as the present themselves in the scriptures, they both had weak points as well.

pearl

First and foremost I am questioning whether or not, having turned so far away from God, I would be forgiven for my hatred? Would I find in him mercy for having drifted lost and unaccomplished for so long?

Short answer
Parable of the Prodigal Son Luke 15:11-32

allfoak

Alchemist
I would guess this is someone doing a survey with little to know interest in the answers other than information for a class assignment of some sort.

success-troll-smiley-emoticon.png

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Are you going to hell? No, there is no hell to go to. I suggest you look into religions of the world. I too went from Christianity to Satanism and from there I did some religion hunting before landing as a Pagan. There are so many options out there, Christianity and atheism are not the only choices.

AU_001

I would guess this is someone doing a survey with little to know interest in the answers other than information for a class assignment of some sort.

No, I'm a real person and these thought represent the struggle I am going through right now. As for why my profile lists me as a 31 year old female I have no idea. I did not set anything up that way? It might have just defaulted to that. I will change it now.

Thank you all for your insight and advice. I have a long way to go figuring these things out and every little bit helps.

Peace be with you, from wherever it may be derived.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
A few scriptures for you to ponder....

2 Peter 3:9:
"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."

Psalm 34:18:
"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted. And saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Romans 8:38, 39:
"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Test out God's patience and forgiveness.....
"I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance."

Read the parable about the prodigal son. (Luke 15:11-32) Its never too late, and there is nothing that cannot be forgiven.

We have a purpose to our existence and God will reveal himself to you if you come to him with a contrite spirit.....he is waiting to lift you up out of despair, and to educate you about his purpose for this earth and mankind upon it.
grouphugg.gif

But you have to accept his terms......

2X4

Hello,

God isn't so far away from you as you may think. In fact, your mind is connected like all minds are to the same exact source. The problem you're having is that the program hasn't started speaking into your mind yet but it will sooner or later. Even though many feel lost in the world, once it's deleted from the program, life will be much more peaceful and secure.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Welcome to RF.

In your current position and status, I'm afraid that Hell is your destination. That however does not mean that you are indeed going to Hell. Islam says that God forgives anything except worshiping other than him, and that applies only when truth is shown and known. I believe those lost who honestly seek are innocent until then.

All in all, you have no idea how peaceful at heart I am being a Muslim in the faith department. I've been Muslim all my life, stayed Muslim as I became open to the world and still am in my 34 years of age now. Never once I had problem with the truth I know as long as I kept doing the right things. Yes, this experience of the peace of mind I'm having (I believe this is what you're asking about in the first place), is a life experience so far, not a experience of a couple of years giving a dodgy and bold view.

AU_001

Welcome to RF.

In your current position and status, I'm afraid that Hell is your destination. That however does not mean that you are indeed going to Hell. Islam says that God forgives anything except worshiping other than him, and that applies only when truth is shown and known. I believe those lost who honestly seek are innocent until then.

All in all, you have no idea how peaceful at heart I am being a Muslim in the faith department. I've been Muslim all my life, stayed Muslim as I became open to the world and still am in my 34 years of age now. Never once I had problem with the truth I know as long as I kept doing the right things. Yes, this experience of the peace of mind I'm having (I believe this is what you're asking about in the first place), is a life experience so far, not a experience of a couple of years giving a dodgy and bold view.

And therein lies the crux of my conundrum. If your God is willing to condemn people to eternal suffering simply because they dare question their reality then I would rather burn in hell than submit to a tyrannical dictator. In fact, inflicting an eternity of suffering upon even the most negative person in the world seems like a bit of overkill to me (sounds like a nice invention to keep a population in line through fear though). I would like to believe that if there is a God that its intention is for us to be as decent as we can by helping others and to avoid causing harm. To not just take from the world but to give back. If your God would openly dis-communicate based solely on such superficial matters as homosexuality, race, doubt etc. then there is little difference between it and the likes of Adolf Hitler or Joseph Stalin. Well, the difference would be that its God and has the power to torture your soul for all eternity, but it still doesn't make it right in my opinion. And ultimately that is just my opinion. If, in its infinite wisdom, that opinion warrants my indefinite suffering then I accept that judgement. I embrace it as despite all of the suffering I may endure I will have stayed true to the love of my fellow humans who I do know exist. I will live on, ever questioning and ever humble in his potential existence.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
And therein lies the crux of my conundrum. If your God is willing to condemn people to eternal suffering simply because they dare question their reality then I would rather burn in hell than submit to a tyrannical dictator. In fact, inflicting an eternity of suffering upon even the most negative person in the world seems like a bit of overkill to me (sounds like a nice invention to keep a population in line through fear though). I would like to believe that if there is a God that its intention is for us to be as decent as we can by helping others and to avoid causing harm. To not just take from the world but to give back. If your God would openly dis-communicate based solely on such superficial matters as homosexuality, race, doubt etc. then there is little difference between it and the likes of Adolf Hitler or Joseph Stalin. Well, the difference would be that its God and has the power to torture your soul for all eternity, but it still doesn't make it right in my opinion. And ultimately that is just my opinion. If, in its infinite wisdom, that opinion warrants my indefinite suffering then I accept that judgement. I embrace it as despite all of the suffering I may endure I will have stayed true to the love of my fellow humans who I do know exist. I will live on, ever questioning and ever humble in his potential existence.

Dunno, all I did was answering your question.

I hope you find the answers your looking for and a piece of mind.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hello,

No wonder your so screwed up with all that deafining mind noise going on and all that.