• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help, need info

hi, im new here, so hopefully some1 will be able to help me, as no-one in the AOL christian chat could, but what are the omens of the Apocalypse, if some one could help, it would be REALLY useful,

Thanx T.Rahn x

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, I think he means the signs of the end times

monsiour...if it was that simple, i would not be here...but thankyou, perhaps i have missed something, any other contributions, really wanna get the dream sequence written down

Circle_One

It's not written anywhere in the bible exactly what the seven signs of the apocalypse will be (and many think there will be ten signs rather than seven). But they go something like this:
-Wars
-Famines
-Disease Epidemics (And other heavenly signs that are not described)
-The coming of the Anti-Christ-who will be backed by the "False Prophet"; a religious leader
-Plagues
-Asteroids hitting the earth
-Water turning to blood...and so on. That's one interpretation, but I've seen and heard of many others. And those are not in chronilogical order.
Another I've heard is those who speak of there being ten signs rather than seven:
-The Knowledge Explosion (i.e. Technological advancement.) "But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book till the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase" (Daniel 12:4)
-Plague in the Middle East. "And this shall be the plague...their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, and their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths" (Zech. 14:12-15).
-The Rebirth of Israel.
-The Jews will return home.
-Jerusalem no longer under gentile rule. "trampled by the gentiles until the times of the gentiles is fulfilled" (Luke 21:24).
-International Instant Communication. Apparently this must exist in order for all people to see God's "two witnesses" who will "prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth" (Rev. 11:3, 7-10).
-Days of Deception. "Everyone will deceive his neighbor, and will not speak the truth; they have taught their tongue to speak lies; they weary themselves to commit iniquity" (Jer. 9:5). (Many believe this has to do with the "new age" religions.)
-Famines and Pestilence. "there will be famines, pestilence, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows" (Matt. 24:7-8).
-Earthquakes. Israel's Messiah will be announced by an earthquake: "and he said, 'the Lord roars from Zion, and utters His voice from Jerusalem; and the pastures of the shepherds mourn, and the top of Carmel withers" (Amos 1:2).
-As in the days of Noah. "but as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be" (Matt. 24:36-39). In the days of Noah, humanity was destroyed by floods because of man's wickedness, but many believe that the murders, rapes, kidnappings, assaults, child abuse, parental abuse, etc., that are evident in our daily lives are direct signs that the end is at hand.

That's all I know, but as I said, they are not biblically accurate, as none of the signs of the apocalypse are outright described.

Circlie....i could REALLY kiss you!!!! the only ones i know are the four horseman, and the weather ones, but yay!!!!! now i just gotta write the dream sequence...eak!

Scott1

*** MOD POST ***

Well... these questions are not Catholic... I guess:confused: ... so I moved it to the Christian forum.

Scott

Circle_One

Ahhh yes, the four horsemen. That would be in Revelations. The four horsemen and the dragon with seven heads, the seven heads with seven crowns, the seven crowns with seven jewels...or something along those lines. Yes, I believe the horsemen are the final omen of the apocalypse, if only I could remember what each horsemen represents..

that ones easy 4 me as ma story is based around the 4
Conquest, a white horse and a crown, carrying a bow
War, a red horse and sword
Famine, who rode a black horse i think with a pair of scales
and Death, a pale green horse with the ability 2 take life from the world by any means he wants

id post the whole thing, but cnt b botherd 2 go on google, and i didnt transfer that bit of info, my versions of the horseman are better tho :D

Circle_One

I'm not Christian, nor have I ever been, but I've read the bible. I just like to study different religions.

may

THE​
FIRST HORSEMAN

The first rider is shown as wearing a crown, having a bow in his hand and riding a white mount. Who is he? Jesus Christ. He is the one that has been given a crown by his Father and is commanded to go forth in a righteous war, pictured by the white horse. This picture calls to mind the words of the psalmist: "Gird your sword upon your thigh, O mighty one, with your dignity and your splendor. And in your splendor go on to success; ride in the cause of truth and humility and righteousness, and your right hand will instruct you in fear-inspiring things. Your arrows are sharp—under you peoples keep falling."—Ps. 45:3-5.​

Even more explicitly identifying the first horseman are John’s own words recorded at Revelation 19:11, 13, 14: "Look! a white horse. And the one seated upon it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness . . . and the name he is called is The Word of God. Also, the armies that were in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen."​

When did this rider go forth to conquer? According to fulfilled Bible prophecy, in the year 1914. Then it was that Jehovah said to his Son, "Go subduing in the midst of your enemies." (Ps. 110:2)

,​