• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me get a job

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You making 30 bucks a day doing nothing and you want to quit?

If a serial killer picks you up you like at him (or her) and make the comment as to how ironic it is to have two serial killers in the same car...

Panhandling is hard work. There is much walking in deep snow, other panhandlers pissed off that you chose their spot, insults from passers by, and some of my fingers never recovered from frostbite.

Also, you really don't make much if you use the same spot often, so transportation becomes costly and necessary.

The rest of your post was amusing. :D

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
You making 30 bucks a day doing nothing and you want to quit?

Kind of agree with BSM1 here, Pope. If you have the right temperament for panhandling, maybe consider kicking it up a notch and learn how to play an instrument. Community colleges are a good place to learn cheaply, or for free. You don't even really have to be good, just friendly and entertaining in some way.

People tend to treat street musicians, or buskers, a lot more nicely than panhandlers and it's almost guaranteed you'd make more money.

What I'm saying is, as a panhandler you already have a few things going for you that not everybody can claim: you aren't shy, you aren't afraid to stand out in public, you're willing to put up with the elements and the occasional jerk(s), and I think you're kind of an entertainer by nature.

Why not take what you're already doing successfully and polish it up a little? :D

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Also, if you have a computer and an internet connection at home, there are ways to make money online. Here's one I'm thinking about trying myself:

Earn Money for User Testing

There are a lot of other things you can do online too, but you have to be careful because there are also a lot of scams.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You'd probably be better off going door to door to ask people if they have such odd jobs than holding up a sign.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Panhandling is hard work. There is much walking in deep snow, other panhandlers pissed off that you chose their spot, insults from passers by, and some of my fingers never recovered from frostbite.

Also, you really don't make much if you use the same spot often, so transportation becomes costly and necessary.

The rest of your post was amusing. :D

Wasn't trying to throw shade your way, I respect all working folks. But you might want to consider moving to Florida is you plan on continuing this career...just sayin'.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Personally, I would never hire anyone who seems like a pan-handler and is holding a sign looking for a job. If you still seem "pan-handly", I would ditch the whole sign concept.

Also, no offense intended to the previous reply, but, I never hire people for odd jobs that are going door to door.

I did it once... and it was B-A-D. My wife called me at work saying, "There's someone here at the door says you owe them money... "

I said, "I paid them yesterday."

You get the idea...

For you, I think, Stand-Up Comedy. Edgy, weird, stand-up comedy. With your life experiences and point of view, I feel like the jokes would write themselves.

This idea kinda builds on what Quagmire said. The qualities he listed would also be assets in Stand-Up. You have an audience/fan base here on the RF to try out your new material. And...

I think comedians get a buzz off it.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So I'm a seasoned panhandler. I make about 30 dollars a day on average.

I really want to work though , so now I'm going to look for odd jobs like shoveling snow, mowing lawns, cleaning cars and houses, landscaping, trimming bushes, pulling weeds, and whatever.

So, what is a good idea for a sign that basically says "Do you have a job I can do for you?"

I'm sure that's not the safest way to look for work. A serial killer might pick me up with a phony job offer; but I'm not afraid of death. It's risk I'm willing to take.

Help me with some ideas for a sign. Thanks! :)

I think ive mentioned getting a position of KP (kitchen porter) to you before. Yes its in the food industry that doesnt get on well with a pope but its behind the scenes, no interaction with the public.

Should pay more than $30 a day even part time

Dave Watchman

Help me with some ideas for a sign. Thanks!
Man, i wish i could think of something for you.

I'm sure that's not the safest way to look for work. A serial killer might pick me up with a phony job offer; but I'm not afraid of death. It's risk I'm willing to take.

And think of the people that would hire you to their home. That little old lady might need to exercise a measure of faith.

I really want to work though , so now I'm going to look for odd jobs like shoveling snow, mowing lawns, cleaning cars and houses, landscaping, trimming bushes, pulling weeds, and whatever.

So, what is a good idea for a sign that basically says "Do you have a job I can do for you?"

You sound like a smart guy. Can you make an add on Craigslist?

If you're still presentable, like in your avatar, put a picture of yourself with a shovel, or pushing a lawnmower. If they see your smile they'll think you're a nice guy.

I checked my local craigslist and it even gave me some ideas.

handyman/painter (Hamilton/Niagara)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

Handyman in the Niagara/Hamilton area. Willing to barter with women if times are tough. I can also supply materials.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
handyman/painter

(I wonder what he means by: "Willing to barter with women if times are tough"???)

This gives me all KINDS of ideas.

SEEKING A JOB AS PERSONAL ASST/COOK/CAREGIVER TO SENIORS (Toronto)

P O box 65067 RPO Chester
(google map)

I am seeking a job as a Butler/Cook/Personal Assistant to Seniors only. I do have experience and my fee starts at $20.00 per hour. I am available flexible hours.

Please contact me. Thanks you
SEEKING A JOB AS PERSONAL ASST/COOK/CAREGIVER TO SENIORS
Then once you get on your feet, you could start a web site. RopeAPope.com. Helping Hands on De man when you need them. Turn it up a notch like this guy. Notice how he mentions "book recurring services". Once you gain the trust of recurring customers, it should go better.

TOP-RATED, AFFORDABLE YARD WORKERS & SNOW REMOVAL ON DEMAND

image 1 of 2

00m0m_dWAHfP7Rkhs_600x450.jpg

(google map)

zenGOT is an A+ rated business with the BBB and a leading provider of on-demand home services in Canada.

zenGOT guarantees top-quality basic yard work services such as mowing, gardening and leaf cleanup by experienced professionals. zenGOT yard work professionals are the best in the business - they take pride in their work, uphold impeccable standards and know how to get the job done right. Enjoy peace of mind when you book a trusted yard work professional with zenGOT.

✔ Satisfaction guaranteed - an excellent service or we make it right
✔ Fully vetted and background checked professionals
✔ First-class customer service
✔ Affordable rates and reliable service
✔ Instant booking

Rates start at $25/hr, depending on the service (or provider) requested.

Simply visit ZENGOT dot com and select "Order Services Now"

Book now! *Your FIRST SERVICE is FREE when you book recurring services*

Available Yard Work Services:
-Lawn/turf care
-Maintenance/mowing
-Aeration, Fertilizing, Edging
-Gardening, Weeding, Planting
-Tree/shrub care and pruning
-Leaf cleanup, snow removal

zenGOT also offers a number of other on-demand household services including: Cleaning, Errand Running, Organizing, Handy Work, Pet Services and more! If you can dream it - we can do it!
TOP-RATED, AFFORDABLE YARD WORKERS & SNOW REMOVAL ON DEMAND
Check this one out. A TOPLESS housekeeper. Are you kidding me? This gives me some ideas. I was thinking that maybe i'd get a maid. Find a place nearby for her to stay. Just someone to keep my house clean. Fix my meals and go away.

A maid, a man needs a maid
A maid

Topless Housecleaner (Hamilton)

(google map)

Single mom, 40, who does topless housecleaning on the side.

Inquire for more details.
Topless Housecleaner

A maid

My life is changin' in so many ways
I don't know who to trust anymore
There's a Shadow runnin' thru my days
Like a beggar goin' from door to door

I was thinkin' that maybe I'd get a maid :)
Find a place nearby for her to stay
Just someone to keep my house clean
Fix my meals and go away

A maid

When will I see you again?

Peaceful Sabbath.

Dave Watchman

Also, look to see if your Craigslist has a "Labor Gigs" section. I found several temp style jobs where people are asking for quick help to push a car, or help for a day moving, or to hand out flyers.

Cash jobs for the day. They aren't running the applicants through INTERPOL.

Help Needed Shoveling Snow - Feb 12 (toronto)
(google map)

compensation: $16 per hour cash

Shoveling and Salting help needed for tomorrow Tuesday Feb. 12
Looking for people who can meet at Jane and Wilson or close by.
Must be physically fit, reliable and hardworking
Start time will most likely be 1pm and working long hours ( all day and night most likely)
Pay is $16 per hour , paid cash at the end of shift.
You must have proper winter gear (boots, gloves, hat, etc.)
If interested please reply and leave your name and number and area you live near.

Thank you.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offer
Need moving help 4 to 5 hrs $16 /hr cash (ETOBICOKE)

redgrave dr at martin grove rd
(google map)

compensation: 70

I need some one who can help me load and unload a moving truck.will pay cash 647 292 2767. 4 to 5 hrs.must be able to lift household stuff

For Tomorrow 9.30 am Feb 1st

mover/helper part time on call basiss- (north york)

(google map)

compensation: $16 per hr cash 3 hr minumm

mover/helper part time on call basiss- (north york)
can meet on the job site or we can provide a ride from bathurest and finch!

compensation: $16 per hr cash 3 hr minumm
employment type: part-time
Moving company/furniture delivery service is looking for a strong mover with experience for part time on call moving jobs job pays $16 per hr with 3 hr minumm

TO GET a call back Must have experience cell phone and real adreass -delivery mover @ hotmail .ca

emaill us full info
toronto labor gigs - craigslist

I would be careful. There's probably some rotten apples out there. Some sound fishy. Lucky you're not a female in your 20's looking for some short term cash.

Short term cash (Hamilton)

(google map)

compensation: to be discussed

Hello,

If you are a female in your 20's looking for some short term cash for a couple of hours of work, let me know. I am a clean 30's male who can help you out financially.

Earthling

David Henson
What about retiring the sign and panhandling and try instead a job application? Get a job, sir. McDonalds, Walmart, a landscaping company, etc. (Link)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Kind of agree with BSM1 here, Pope. If you have the right temperament for panhandling, maybe consider kicking it up a notch and learn how to play an instrument. Community colleges are a good place to learn cheaply, or for free. You don't even really have to be good, just friendly and entertaining in some way.

People tend to treat street musicians, or buskers, a lot more nicely than panhandlers and it's almost guaranteed you'd make more money.

What I'm saying is, as a panhandler you already have a few things going for you that not everybody can claim: you aren't shy, you aren't afraid to stand out in public, you're willing to put up with the elements and the occasional jerk(s), and I think you're kind of an entertainer by nature.

Why not take what you're already doing successfully and polish it up a little? :D
Yeah busking is a possibility. It's certainly a step up from panhandling.

I kind of was alternatively thinking @PopeADope would likely be a great spider milker for the pharmaceutical industry.