• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

help. is there a Dr. in the house? just cut my finger opening a can of soup.

martha

im typing with one finger 'cause my left hand is holding a tissue on my right hand, left finger. i have kept pressure on it for about 4 min but it is still bleeding. how long should i keep pressure on it?

robtex

Veteran Member
Sweetie step away from the keyboard. Direct pressure....use a bandaid to butterfly it after about 5. Can of soup can't be that deep. right? or wrong? If small cut to butterfly it wrap the bandaid around it tightly (but not so tight to cut off blood flow) so that the cut area is forced closed by the band aid.

here is a kiss for your finger

xxx

linwood

Peroxide once the bleeding stops.
Can lids can be nasty.
Keep applying the pressure until the bleeding stops or slows to almost nothing.

martha

rob, thanks for kissing my boo boo.

Damn, just how many veins are in the ends of our fingers? my finger was gushing like i just struck oil can't get band aid on yet, bleeding too much. every time i take the pressure off it still flows like a river. thanks for the quick response. typing pretty good for one finger.:)

linwood

Just keep some decent pressure on the base around the finger Martha while you keep the wound covered with a towel or bandage or something and keep it elevated above your shoulder as much as you can..

I`ve lost three fingertips and they do bleed alot.

It could take quite awhile before you can get a bandage on it

martha

thnks linwood. im keeping prssr on. spellng bad cause finger gettng tired. no i'm not blacking out.

funny thing is that i just finished saying to myself how great these flip top cans are, and then it happened. i think i'll live. if i don't, remember, i love you all madly!

martha

picture it, here i sit looking at my screen with both hands held high. i think i will stop being funny and quit typing for a bit. thank you all for your help. i'll keep you posted, shortly.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Martha, you are always a cut above and you always leave us in stiches.

Robtex has put his finger on the solution, but I would like to pad his answer. Put a piece of gauze down first. The gauze will actually help the blood clot. Don't move it... just keep it there for an hour or two.

martha

41 minutes till bleeding stopped. 7 min Robtex response, 11 min Linwood response time. Who could ask for more. Boy my finger hurts.

Just a few thoughts.....
Robtex, ...Soup can cut can't be that bad? wrong! As I was pulling the lid off, it kind of got stuck so I twisted and pulled hard. The lid jumped off and sliced deep into my fourth finger. The one thing I forgot was to tuck my fingers in like making a fist. That fourth finger was just hanging out there waiting for disaster.

Linwood, at first your statement to put pressure at the base of my finger didn't seem right. I thought I should be putting pressure on the cut. I was wrong. It was difficult to hold my right hand above my shoulder with my left hand holding pressure at the base of my finger, because the blood was running down my arm, but in the long run, pressure at the base was the way to go.

Robtex, your bandaging advice was on target once the bleeding stopped. Kissing the boo boo was very beneficial.:)

Linwood, I am sorry to hear that you lost the tips of three fingers, but I would have preferred not to hear that story when I was bleeding profusely!:) And another thing, as I sat staring at the screen I kept reading your signature. I must say, I gave up sex five years ago and I don't think I am ignorant.:biglaugh:

Thank you , thank you both for your quick response. This was not a joke, I really got scared there for a minute when the bleeding wouldn't stop. Typing with both hands now, all is well. You guys are faster than emergency response. My love to you both.

Joyfully, with throbbing finger,
Martha

linwood

I`m glad you got it bandaged Martha.

Sometimes late tomorrow when you change the bandage don`t forget some peroxide.

My quote said "some" people, you are not one of them.

:)

martha

NetDoc, when I finally came back, there you were and boy did you make me laugh. Thanks luv. Very good idea. The bandage I am using has a very thick pad so it is just about the same as your suggestion.

By the way bud, you get a demerit for being the slowest response time, considering your name!!!:) Work on that area, young man!
Luv to you, Doc.

martha

Linwood, I will remember the peroxide, I promise.

As for the sex and ignorance, thanks sweetie.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
doctor_animated.gif
Doctor will see you now.

nurse.gif
Hmmm...I guess you won't be needind nurse mrsc. for anything since

I have come to your aid too late. But here's 3 boxes of bandaids just incase. And
they come with designs too!

band-aid.jpg

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Dear Martha...

I am not a traditional "Doctor of Medicine". I fix sick NetWorks! :D

However, I am a First Aid/CPR Instructor Trainer! :D

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
NetDoc said:
However, I am a First Aid/CPR Instructor Trainer! :D
I am just a certified in First Aid and CPR. Also certified in SCIP. I can pretty much take certain people down without hurting them or myself
elmo.gif

Circle_One

For future reference, pour salt on the wound. It hurts like hell, but if you can stand the pain, iodized salt will help clot the blood much faster than merely putting pressure on it. Again though, you need to have a high pain threshold to actually be able to go through with it :D

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I'm just noticing this thread Martha .... make a note not to rely on me getting first aid . :(

I hope that your finger is better . A cut from a can can be nasty , and DEEP . And they do bleed eh . Not sure if I would go for the salt though Circle One . It may help stop the bleeding but so would flour or any number of things . And it would be less painfull . :) { and likely do less damage to the skin tissue }

robtex

Veteran Member
martha said:
Thank you , thank you both for your quick response. This was not a joke, I really got scared there for a minute when the bleeding wouldn't stop. Typing with both hands now, all is well. You guys are faster than emergency response. My love to you both.
Joyfully, with throbbing finger,
Martha
God must have a sense of humor. You cut your finger, get scared, and he sends atheists to give you advice and comfort you.