• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help! I'm stuck

turk179

I smell something....
I hurt my back pretty bad after getting off of work a couple of hours ago while putting some ice in my cup and I have been stuck in this dang computer chair and I can't move. I want a cig so bad but I will not smoke in the house with Jamie. I need to take a shower cause I am all sweaty from working a 12 hour shift. All I can do is sit in this chair and wine. Help:sad4:

evearael

Turk is lonely and sad :(.
You poor thing! Do you have a chiropractor? Some will make house calls if you are already a patient. I'll chat with you, if you'd like. I'm trying to stave off anxiety about tomorrow's heart proceedure so I'll be awake for a bit.

turk179

I smell something....
evearael said:
You poor thing! Do you have a chiropractor? Some will make house calls if you are already a patient. I'll chat with you, if you'd like. I'm trying to stave off anxiety about tomorrow's heart proceedure so I'll be awake for a bit.
:eek: What kind of heart procedure?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
When you get a chance, you might try taking an 800 mg dose of advil. In that dosage, advil is a muscle relaxant along with a pain killer. But don't take it too often. Used too often, it leads to heart problems.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Oh my , that is terrible . Who is going to burp Jamie ? ;)

( I assume that you are joking about your back DT ??? If not , I hope that it isn't serious .}

turk179

I smell something....
Sunstone said:
When you get a chance, you might try taking an 800 mg dose of advil. In that dosage, advil is a muscle relaxant along with a pain killer. But don't take it too often. Used too often, it leads to heart problems.
Thanks for the advice. I will have to wait until Jamie wakes up for his next feeding when Jen wakes up though because I don't know if we have any advil and couldn't get to the medicine cabinet if I tried.

kreeden said:
Oh my , that is terrible . Who is going to burp Jamie ? ;)

( I assume that you are joking about your back DT ??? If not , I hope that it isn't serious .}
Unfortunately I am not joking. I have found that the only way I can move is by crawling but unfortunately every time I try I get leg cramps. I found myself in such a ridiculous position that I couldn't help but laugh. Laughing really hurts at this point. Try to picture this though. Turk in a crawling position on the floor with one leg stuck straight out behind him looking like a hunting dog trying to point.:cover:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Wouldn't it be best to wake up Jen. I mean, you're in a pretty serious fix there, Turk.

turk179

I smell something....
Sunstone said:
Wouldn't it be best to wake up Jen. I mean, you're in a pretty serious fix there, Turk.
She already knows my situation. There wasn't really anything she could do up until your suggestion. We don't get that many opportunities to get sleep so we usually jump at the chance. It probably wont be to much longer before she is up again.

evearael

The leg cramps may be helped by calcium. Take some Tums, and be sure to drink plenty of water with the ibuprofen. Put lots of ice on it. Good luck!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
daddy_turk said:
Off to the Dr. this morning. At least I can move a little now. Just not that fast.:yes:

Glad to hear you're seeing a doctor!

This would be a good moment for an old man like me to challenge you to a footrace around the block. Hehehehe.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
How did you injure your back? I hope the doctor's visit is helpful. Let us know how you're doing!

Draka

Wonder Woman
Turk is now relaxing on the couch. I took him to my chiropractor this morning. He's never been to one before and was more than a little nervous about the whole thing. Fortunately, though, he is moving around better now. He is still stiff and sore, but not near like he was last night or this morning.

He actually had just gotten through replacing the old A/C unit in the bedroom that had pittered out the other day (whoa baby was it hot in the for the past day or so). He had just come out of the bedroom and went to get himself a glass of ice water and must have just turned the wrong way after straining his back for a while and, bam, he was bent over and stuck.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Draka said:
Turk is now relaxing on the couch. I took him to my chiropractor this morning. He's never been to one before and was more than a little nervous about the whole thing. Fortunately, though, he is moving around better now. He is still stiff and sore, but not near like he was last night or this morning.

I'm glad to hear he's doing a lot of better. You're keeping him on ice, lots of water and antiinflammatories, I hope!

Too bad I can't fedex you some of these neato Arnica pellets I get from my doc. They do wonders.

You really should move to Atlanta so I can drop off helpful stuff and fuss! :chicken:

turk179

I smell something....
Booko said:
I'm glad to hear he's doing a lot of better. You're keeping him on ice, lots of water and antiinflammatories, I hope!

Too bad I can't fedex you some of these neato Arnica pellets I get from my doc. They do wonders.

You really should move to Atlanta so I can drop off helpful stuff and fuss! :chicken:
Plenty of ice on the back and water going into the belly but no anti-iinflammatories I'm afraid. Not as much pain but a heck of a lot of stiffness. You are more than welcome to hop on a plane and fuss for a visit, and I always love stuff:D.

Booko

Deviled Hen
daddy_turk said:
Plenty of ice on the back and water going into the belly but no anti-iinflammatories I'm afraid. Not as much pain but a heck of a lot of stiffness. You are more than welcome to hop on a plane and fuss for a visit, and I always love stuff:D.

No anti-inflams? They do kinda help during the healing process. Though some people will argue that the more natural ones are preferable to Ibuprofen and aspirin and so forth.

cluck cluck....and stay away from coffee....cluck cluck

Sorry, sometimes I just get these kinda motherly moments.

Don't tell my mom -- she'll never believe you. :D