1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help??!? I'm Sick..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bishka, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Bishka

Bishka New Member

Hey all. I'm sort of sick at the moment, anyone have any suggestions. My throat is really swollen and it hurts to swallow. I think I either have tonsilitis or strep. Haven't gone to the doctor yet, don't really want to. I will go if it is still here by Monday.

2. dawny0826

dawny0826 Well-Known Member

You could just have a virus...and if that's the case...it'll have to run its course.

I would totally give the doc a call. Are you running a fever? Do your ears feel heavy?

3. dawny0826

Hope you feel better soon, Becky.

4. Bishka

Bishka New Member

Thanks. No fever so far, my husband said I felt a little hot yesterday, bu tno major temp changes. My ears hurt a lot though, but they don't feel heavy.

5. dawny0826

You could have an ear infection and/or sinus infection or virus and post nasal drip is causing your throat to hurt.

Do you have any sudafed or Benadryl? See if taking something for allergies/sinuses will help any. When I start to feel sick...I take Benadryl. It makes me sleepy but it always helps.

6. Smoke

Smoke Done here.

If it gets worse, it's going to be a long time till Monday. Go if it hasn't improved by morning. Hope you feel better.

7. Bishka

Bishka New Member

I don't know if I can get in tomorrow and the health center is closed on Saturday and Sunday. So, I'll try if I'm feeling worse tomorrow.

8. Ezzedean

Ezzedean New Member

Drink lots and lots of water, I know it hurts, but until you get some medication for whatever you might have, drinking a lot of water is key. I'm sure you're already doing that but coincidentally a friend of mine was having the same symptoms on the weekend and it turned out to be strept throat, Inshu'Allah (Hopefully with Gods will) this isn't the case for you but if it is, no worries... a little bit of penicillin and you'll be good to go within a couple of days. Until you find out exactly what it is just rest in bed and let your husband take care of you.
    ;)

Peace be unto you Becky
    Ezzedean Fadel

9. Buttercup

Buttercup la vita è bella Premium Member

The last time I was sick was in January it started with a sore throat. My mom used to say to gargle with salt water...sounds gross but you might try it if your throat is still sore when you get up in the morn and read this. I would try to get in to the doc tomorrow though....MidnightBlue is right, Monday is a looooong way off. Also, there's stuff you can buy that you spray into the back of your throat to help the soreness. Just don't try that Airborne crap. Doesn't do a dang thing. And yeah, one more thing....get some vitamin C into your body! :)

10. Bishka

Bishka New Member

My only problem is I'm afraid of taking medicaiton from the doctor because I could be pregnant(don't know yet, we are hoping), so I kind of hope this just blows over. *wishful thinking, I know*

11. Buttercup

Buttercup la vita è bella Premium Member

Tell the doctor about that....there is medication you can take 'if' you are pregnant or planning on getting pregnant hun.

12. Bishka

Bishka New Member

Ok. Shall do .:)

13. FFH

FFH New Member

Ibuprofen with fever reducer (which they all have) works wonders for me. I wish someone had told me that years ago.

Drink 100 % lemon juice straight (if you can handle it) It knocks out colds and fevers fast, or mix it with a little water and drink it that way. Don't mix sugar or anything with it, just a little water. It works better if you can drink it straight, though. It is powerful stuff. Don't underestimate it. It will burn your throat, and stings a bit, but it really works fast, and it's worth the few minutes of discomfort. Try drinking a little bit with water, and then work up to drinking sall amounts straight. I drink about 8 oz. over a period of a day or two, It will knock your cold out of your system fast. Lemon Juice does for your body, as alcohol does for a wound, it kills all the bad bacteria and germs throughout your body. It makes you recover much faster.

Raw garlic minced and put into scrambled eggs is another thing that works for me. The more garlic the better and eggs have a lot of vitamin A which is good for your immune system. You can also cook the garlic in the microwave for about 10 seconds or more depending on how many cloves you put in, and then mince it. It's not as affective this way, when you cook it, but it still works if you eat a lot of it.

Try mixing the minced cooked garlic with butter, and put it on toast, or anything else you would put butter on. We do this all the time and it keeps us cold and flu free. It really clears your sinuses and allows you to breathe better too.

All three of these things work good for me; ibuprofen, 100 % lemon juice and garlic.

14. dawny0826

You could take Tylenol based drugs even if you ARE pregnant.

Tylenol cold would be okay.

Benadryl and I think even sudafed would be okay to take as well.

15. michel

michel Administrator Emeritus Staff Member

The only suggestion that others haven't made so far;

If your throat hurts a lot, try melting a couple of teaspoons of honey in a small glass of water. a) It is soothing, b)Honey is a natural antibiotic.
    If it is a sinus 'thing', you could try covering your head with a blanket and inhaling steam from a kettle (Obviously CAREFULLY so as not to burn yourself) an inhilation will bring anything there is lingering in the passages out.

To be frank though, the Doctor is the answer. Whatever it is, I hope you soon feel better.:hug:

16. Pussyfoot Mouse

Pussyfoot Mouse Super Mom

As everyone has already told you....get to the doctor.:149:
    But in the meantime, you put your feet up and keep warm, and get lots of rest. :hug:

17. Druidus

Druidus Keeper of the Grove

I would heartily urge you to go to a doctor. If it's strept throat, you really want to get antibiotics as fast as possible.

When I have strept throat (all too often), its a soulcrushingly painful event. I can barely breathe, and just crawling around hoping to find the kitchen for water (it's all hazey and dream-like for me) is horrible.

The faster you get to a doctor, the faster you can be healed. In the mean time, as long as it doesn't offend you, I will ask Dannu to care for you.

As well, my offer for those sleeping techniques is still open. They've really helped me with my insomnia.

18. ChrisP

ChrisP New Member

^^^ this is good advice though the only REALLY antibiotic honey is Active Manuka Honey. Expensive but damn good for all sorts of things. They're even making bandages with it in these days.

19. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Living Dead Girl

Religion:
    Ask me when I'm dead.
    I would go to a doctor today.
    One symptom I usually suffer from with strep is severe indegestion. It was so bad last time I had strep, people thought my appendix had burst.

20. Bangbang

Bangbang New Member

Just tell the Demon to get out of you and do this while drinking lots of fruit juices.

Buttercup likes this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted