• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help I'm being attacked by ants !!!!!

FFH

Veteran Member
I think they are smelling all the Christmas goodies and have all come out of the woodwork. :eek:

I always have ants but today was the worst.

Too much good food, cookies, candie, etc. in the house.

They are freaking out !!!

Have any good remedies ????

I've been looking on the net for some.

Here are the ones that stood out.

Boric acid
lemon juice
mint oil

I poured some nail polish remover (acetone), with a lemon scent, (I'm desperate to try anything at this point) in the cracks where I see them, along with some 100% lemon juice. That seemed to work for now.

BTW I've tried every trap I could get my hands on and they still keep coming back. "Ant-B-Gone" trap seems to work the best but they're still not strong enough.

I've had this problem for almost two years now.

I'm tired of living with ants !!!!!!!!!!!

Oh.... I even tried to pray them away....;) Gasoline came to mind... He he he...I was so desperate that I was going to poor it all around the perimeter of the house...until my wife was felt impressed that I was actually going to do it and convinced me not to do it... although I saw no harm in it...Just a little fumes which could leak into the home and ignite when they hit the electricly lit gas furnace...whew that was a close one...Sometimes I don't think things through.. JK I wouldn't really do it..uhhh...I'd just wait until spring when the furnace was off then I'd do it....:D ...Maybe...seriously I'm that desperate.

What do you think ???? Gasoline's cheaper than pesticides...:D and I'm cheap...

I guess I'll stick with lemon juice and Boric acid for now...unless I discover something better.

Ohhhhh...uh...cucumber peelings was another remedy for keeping ants out of the home, seriously it's true...

Any suggestions ????

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Have you tried something called, Terro I think? It's a liquid ant killer. Other than that....if you've tried everything, I say call Terminix! :D

Paladin

I've been using cinnamon for several years now on advice of a Buddhist Nun friend of mine. I was a bit skeptical at first but I use it all the time now, and I don't have to worry about toxic stuff around the house. The ants really seem to hate it and tend to leave areas sprinkled with it. I use it as a barrier in the kitchen and even down in the garage where they seem entrenched in the expansion joints in the concrete floor.

peace
Mark

Reactions: FFH

standing_alone

When my room was infested with ants years ago, I used a wasp killer and haven't seen an ant in my room since. Also worked great for getting rid of centipedes.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They probably really are comming out ot the woodwork. Tx: Deny them access.

Take an ordinary household, get a tube of clear household caulk and lay a tiny bead around the nearby baseboarde, pipe and electrical entrances any other gaps or cracke where the little buggers get in

FFH

Veteran Member
Paladin said:
I've been using cinnamon for several years now on advice of a Buddhist Nun friend of mine. I was a bit skeptical at first but I use it all the time now, and I don't have to worry about toxic stuff around the house. The ants really seem to hate it and tend to leave areas sprinkled with it. I use it as a barrier in the kitchen and even down in the garage where they seem entrenched in the expansion joints in the concrete floor.

peace
Mark
Thanks, I'll try it now, I've got lots of cinnamon. ;)

FFH

Veteran Member
standing_alone said:
When my room was infested with ants years ago, I used a wasp killer and haven't seen an ant in my room since. Also worked great for getting rid of centipedes.
Yeah, I wondered if any old pest killer would work. I was talking to a pest control guy the other day and he said that just because it's labeled as a certain type of pest killer doesn't necessarily mean it will only kill that particular pest. Going to Lowes today so maybe I'll try the wasp killer. That stuff is strong and should do the trick. Just worried about the chemicals in the home so I'll try the cinnamon first then the wasp killer.

Thanks a bunch for the advice ;)

FFH

Veteran Member
Seyorni said:
They probably really are comming out ot the woodwork. Tx: Deny them access.

Take an ordinary household, get a tube of clear household caulk and lay a tiny bead around the nearby baseboarde, pipe and electrical entrances any other gaps or cracke where the little buggers get in
It's funny because I caulk one hole and then they come out of another so I caulk that hole and they find another. This house has so many cracks and holes it's like 80 years old but was all remodedled but the cracks apparently were not sealed before the remodeling job. :( :confused:

The house needs to be torn down and another rebuilt.

Just renting one side of the house and the last renters left because of the ants. I'm not that easily discouraged. I think boric acid around the baseboards will do the trick, if not then I'll try the wasp killer, but for now I'll sprinkle cinnamon around the baseboeards, as was suggested earlier.

FFH

Veteran Member
Sprinkled some cinnamon on some ants and they immediately went back into the woodwork or where they came from.

I think I'll mix some sugar with some boric acid powder to kill them all permanently. That worked for killing huge roaches in Japan when I lived there. Just remembered that remedy. Mixing the sugar with the boric acid is the key to attracting and killing them all.