• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sealchan

Hello everyone,

This is my first post so first of all I would just like to say I look forward to interacting with you all.

So a quick history. I was a firm atheist till I was 27. Then at the birth of my daughter I softened toward religion and start researching.

I have since researched Christianity and believe it is very well supported in its claims. I would call myself a Christian but it is more of an intellectual belief than a heartfelt belief. I can't seem to 'connect' with God through Christian practices (prayer, music etc) but I absolutely love Christian buildings and art.

I have always loved the Norse myths and I continually feel drawn more to the gods of the myths rather than the God of the Bible. But adversely this is a heartfelt belief rather than an intellectual one!! For example listening to Norse music spiritually effects me in a way Christian music doesn't.

Sorry for the rambling, but basically I am extremely confused on where to go from here. I feel spiritually undeveloped and have no idea what to do about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rob

The spiritual path is one that is your own and leads you to a heaven that was made just for you.

Dreams are the source of all myth and religion. Attending to your dreams is like reading your own sacred scripture full of hidden meanings buried in your own life experience.

True spiritual experience involves suffering but with gladness as one knows one is on the path to bliss.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Hello everyone,

This is my first post so first of all I would just like to say I look forward to interacting with you all.

So a quick history. I was a firm atheist till I was 27. Then at the birth of my daughter I softened toward religion and start researching.

I have since researched Christianity and believe it is very well supported in its claims. I would call myself a Christian but it is more of an intellectual belief than a heartfelt belief. I can't seem to 'connect' with God through Christian practices (prayer, music etc) but I absolutely love Christian buildings and art.

I have always loved the Norse myths and I continually feel drawn more to the gods of the myths rather than the God of the Bible. But adversely this is a heartfelt belief rather than an intellectual one!! For example listening to Norse music spiritually effects me in a way Christian music doesn't.

Sorry for the rambling, but basically I am extremely confused on where to go from here. I feel spiritually undeveloped and have no idea what to do about it.

Rob

Let me start, respectfully, you're at the wrong forum to learn and to grow! Certain trolls here are like flies on dung, always hovering around.

I recommend [Staff Edit] -- it's for people in your situation.

IMHO, you will grow as you ask Jesus Christ for insight as to what you're reading and studying in the Bible. You can also send me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
...I can't seem to 'connect' with God through Christian practices (prayer, music etc) but I absolutely love Christian buildings and art...
Think of your life as a diamond that has different surfaces, and as God turns the diamond they sparkle individually. When you connect with God do so in different ways corresponding to what you are doing. An important prayer is meditative the "Abba Father" prayer. Its not like a spoken prayer but I think is your desire to be transformed into a godly person, like a polished diamond. Its not a spoken prayer. Your prayers I think should always be combined with it. If you are in nature, then commune through nature. If you are on a crowded street you can look at the people. I cannot tell you how to feel connected, but maybe you don't have to feel connected to be connected.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

May I suggest that it could be a good start to work on simply being at peace with your aesthetical inclinations?

I understand that those have a significant role in religious practice, but it seems to me that you can hardly benefit or be a better practicioner by allowing those to be a source of disquiet.

While it is not my decision to make, I can sincerely tell you that from where I stand it looks like enjoying styles of art that arise from different cultures and different beliefs should not be much of a problem, as long as you are sincere with yourself.

You do not have any duty to validate one group of art at the expense of the other, now do you? Can you even choose wrong if you do not have to choose?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Hello everyone,
Rob

I would suppose we all start out with an intellectual belief. We have to put that knowledge together.
The more biblical education we absorb the more one's intellect can reach or sound down into one's heart.
We do need accurate biblical knowledge because our imperfect hearts can be treacherous as per Jeremiah 17:9.
Since the Bible is not written in ABC order, then we need to search or research Scripture by subject or by topic arrangement.
This apparently is what the people of Acts of the Apostles 17:11 did.
I find there is a lot of Bible information to research or study found at www.jw.org and www.jwbroadcasting.
- Numbers 6:24-26 for you Rob.

74x12

You can't connect with God most likely because of curses/hexes or other spiritual bondage that has been placed upon you which is not allowing you to connect. Satan is real and few people know or understand how he operates. Any involvement in someone's life with the occult arts. By that I mean witchcraft even the seemingly harmless variety may cause real problems with people when it comes to connecting with God.

First of all get rid of anything related to witchcraft/occult that you have. Renounce satan and witchcraft and all such practices in Jesus name. Renounce the old pagan Norse gods and praying in Jesus name separate yourself from all demon ties etc.

So pray for God to deliver you from any curse/hex that is not allowing you to connect with Him. You may feel silly at first but that's okay.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

rrobs

Hello everyone,

Rob
Check out this course on the Bible. It is 24 hours of teaching that I believe will help you out in a big way. ONE DAY WITH THE CREATOR - YouTube

God bless...

Baroodi

Hello everyone,

Rob

A pristine divine religion would guide you out of your confusion. It needs to provide answers for you Qs.Intellectualism can not calm hearts all the time as so many things in this universe are labeled as unknown. The Science we know although so advancing into Tera incognito but it is only few steps in a distance of thousands of miles. Here comes God guidance (God knows and you don't know) (God addressing humanity in Quran)

Neutral Name

Hello everyone,

Rob

To me, it doesn't matter how you reach God, just that you do reach God. I am spiritual but not religious. I don't believe in any religion but can see some good points in almost every religion. So, if Norse music and myths bring you closer to the higher power (whatever you would like to call it), do that. It is actually a personal decision. Don't listen to the naysayers. I no longer believe that those who don't believe in Jesus are going to hell because I know that I know God and that God loves me every single day even though I am not a Christian. It might be good for me to tell you that when you run into Christians who tell you that you are going to hell if you don't believe in Jesus, they are probably not really Christians anyway. True Christians are filled with love and are patient with people, not pushy.