• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help! (1965)

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
How many of you have seen the 1965 film Help! starring the Beatles? It features many songs from their album of the same title. In the film, there is a group of Thugees who worship a goddess named Kaili, and they are after Ringo, who they want to kill in a ceremonial sacrifice because he is wearing a ring with a red jewel that their victims wear.

I grew up watching this film back in the 90s. My parents were Beatles fans when they were younger, so they definitely had to purchase a copy of the film on VHS. (My mother saw Paul in a limo once, she waved at him, he waved back at her, and she came so close to meeting the band backstage, but unfortunately, a herd of screaming girls suddenly blocked the way.)

One line from Help! that my father and I sometimes quote is, 'Jeweller, you failed' when one of us attempts to do something and there is no success.

There is a website where you can find stills of scenes.

Some of my favorite lines:

'Hey, Bee-attle! Look what I've got: gold!'

'You've been at that temple again. You're as bad as your sister, coming home at all hours and all colors.'

'Get sacrificed! I don't subscribe to your religion!'

'Aha! He who wears the ring....'

'I'm going to miss a sacrifice!'

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
How many of you have seen the 1965 film Help! starring the Beatles? It features many songs from their album of the same title. In the film, there is a group of Thugees who worship a goddess named Kaili, and they are after Ringo, who they want to kill in a ceremonial sacrifice because he is wearing a ring with a red jewel that their victims wear.

I grew up watching this film back in the 90s. My parents were Beatles fans when they were younger, so they definitely had to purchase a copy of the film on VHS. (My mother saw Paul in a limo once, she waved at him, he waved back at her, and she came so close to meeting the band backstage, but unfortunately, a herd of screaming girls suddenly blocked the way.)

One line from Help! that my father and I sometimes quote is, 'Jeweller, you failed' when one of us attempts to do something and there is no success.

'You've been at that temple again. You're as bad as your sister, coming home at all hours and all colors.'

So that's what happened when I was just a wee baby.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Yep, I've seen the movie. I'd like for you to know that I think your story is sweet. Thank you for sharing it. I love to hear other fans talk about their favorite memories of The Beatles and what the band means to them.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
It sounds like you have a great relationship with your parents, that’s fantastic!
Wish I had had that.

Thank you. I’m sorry that things must not have been all that grand between you and your parents, yeah?

Yep, I've seen the movie. I'd like for you to know that I think your story is sweet. Thank you for sharing it. I love to hear other fans talk about their favorite memories of The Beatles and what the band means to them.

Thank you. :blush: I am pleased that you enjoyed the story. Do you have any favorite memories regarding The Beatles?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Thank you. :blush: I am pleased that you enjoyed the story. Do you have any favorite memories regarding The Beatles?

You're welcome, my friend. Yes, I have some fond memories regarding The Beatles. They will always hold a very special place in my heart, because their music became a calm and safe refuge for me while I was growing up in an abusive home. Their music became a kind of escape for me, because listening to their songs helped me cope with the abuse and hostility I was subjected to at home, and the constant bullying I faced in school. I'd listen to their music whenever I was sad or scared, and I'd always feel better, even if the calm I was feeling only lasted a few minutes. I still listen to their music for comfort. I've held on tightly to that over the years.

Last edited:

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
They will always hold a very special place in my heart, because their music became a calm and safe refuge for me while I was growing up in an abusive home

I still listen to their music for comfort. I've held on tightly to that over the years.

That sounds very nice. A lot of people, as you know, find refuge and comfort in a musical group. The Beatles, in my opinion, is a wonderful one. :)