• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hellu... I'm new ( :

Adie

Hello!

My name is Adie, and I am a college student from just outside of Chicago, IL. I'm going to school for religious studies, ancient history, and english. I hope to someday teach religious studies on a college level and write books on comparative religion (and a book of childrens' poetry, which I will most likely publish under a different name). I listen to a lot of music, mainly rock and alternative, and enjoy writing essays, articles, and poetry. I spend a lot of time with my grandfather, who is 94 years old and was recently diagnosed with cancer. I'm his "official caregiver," and thus have a lot of time to read and crochet while I'm with him. I work part-time in a bookstore, and spend a lot of time watching movies and going out with friends after granddad's in bed.

I was so excited to find this forum. I have been posting on forums from webcomic sites that my boyfriend asked me to join, and was the only one writing articles about religions or history. I've been pining for a good discussion about something other than "insert character's name here's new clothing" and the like. I found this forum through a google search, and when I excitedly told my boyfriend about it, he rolled his eyes and called me a "geek." Being a "geek" is a good thing, I think ( :

Anyway, I think I've done enough talking about myself... I look forward to getting to know all of you and having some good discussions! ( :

robtex

Veteran Member
cool bio adie....what was the last book that you read? or one that had large impact on you?

Rex

Founder
Adie don't be afraid to tell your man your now in love with religious forums.

All of the women seem to go through this phase!!

:)

Adie

wow! Thanks for all of the 'welcomes'!

My boyfriend is a little worried that I'll stop posting in his forums now that I've found this one, but otherwise he's okay with the new "love" in my life... : P

I'm currently reading Atlas Shrugged, and find it very good but a little slow at times. My favourite book of all time is The Wizard of Oz. A book that had a large impact on me was The DaVinci Code. I know that that must sound redundant or ridiculous, but after reading it I decided to look more into Christian mythology just as I had been all of the other religions of the world. It caused me to do a lot of research, and I've found some very interesting aspects of Christianity that I hadn't known existed before.

robtex

Veteran Member
Adie said:
wow! Thanks for all of the 'welcomes'!

My boyfriend is a little worried that I'll stop posting in his forums now that I've found this one, but otherwise he's okay with the new "love" in my life... : P

I'm currently reading Atlas Shrugged, and find it very good but a little slow at times. My favourite book of all time is The Wizard of Oz. A book that had a large impact on me was The DaVinci Code. I know that that must sound redundant or ridiculous, but after reading it I decided to look more into Christian mythology just as I had been all of the other religions of the world. It caused me to do a lot of research, and I've found some very interesting aspects of Christianity that I hadn't known existed before.

Two things:

List your bf forum as your homepage...than tell him you are in fact promoting his forum as an expression of your love (i have lots of sucking up experience).

about the davinci code if it got you to look at the history of christanity than it was well worth irregardless of its content. No religion can truely be understood without looking at its history, influences and counter prespective. One of the greatest injustices that I think Christians and Muslims and others do to themselves is only look to one book or manual for inspirtation. Knowing Christianity by only reading the Bible and nothing else is to know very little about it.

Adie

Ooh... The next time I do something stupid, I'll definitely beg advise from you, Robtex ( ;

I agree that one should have a complete understanding of their religion, no matter what it is. Its history, mythology, points and counterpoints are all important, and so many people become too obsessed over minor details and completely forget about the big picture. As much as I admire how religion causes people to live a more moral and kind life, it also causes them to become so single tracked that they forget about the beauty of learning as much as they can.

maggie2

Hi Adie,

Welcome. I'm new too, but I think you've found a gem in this site. Hope you enjoy being here.

pagan_irish

Everyone is gone Religion mad today. It's big business too. Is Islam going to take over? Is that why your all gone Religion?