• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hell's Creation

MJFlores

John's Revelation was a vision about future events...many of which we are seeing at present and in the recent past. He was seeing the vision as if it was happening right then.

I know that the Book of Revelation of Jesus Christ as written by apostle John refers to the future [when he wrote it] Now you started by asking me

Revelation 20:13 tells us that “death and hades” are thrown into “the lake of fire”......what is “hades” in your Bible?

It is in my copy of the Bible and it is in the copy of the JW Bible.
images

https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/nwt/books/revelation/20/#v66020013

13 And the sea gave up the dead in it, and death and the Grave* gave up the dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds.+ 14 And death and the Grave* were hurled into the lake of fire.+ This means the second death,+ the lake of fire.+ 15 Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life+ was hurled into the lake of fire.+

My copy says: Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.
And the JW Bible says the same. How come your statements are different?

Are you sure you are JW?

source.gif

“Hell” & “Gehenna” are different.

Of course they are different. One has 1 e and the other 2 e's
Seriously, they are different Hell has a broader meaning and Gehenna is like a burning dumpsite

upload_2020-6-29_16-51-52.jpeg

Gehenna looks like that

Hell on the other hand is either the cemetery OR the lake of fire [second death]
We can go to the cemetery any time for a visit.
When we die, we are buried there. Hitler and other mass murderers are here.
All the dead form Adam and Eve down to the last person who died today are here.
Population: Too Many to Count

upload_2020-6-29_16-55-3.jpeg
upload_2020-6-29_17-8-1.jpeg
images

However the fiery hell, the lake of fire [second death] is somewhere no man has been before.
We could not go there yet. So when someone says "Go to hell" reply - "Where is it?"
And I'm sure he don't know either because it is still to be created on Judgement Day.
And this can be found in the JW Bible or any bible you can get your hands on.
Population: 0

This is how hell will be created:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/nwt/books/revelation/20/#v66020013

7 Now as soon as the 1,000 years have ended, Satan will be released from his prison, 8 and he will go out to mislead those nations in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Maʹgog, to gather them together for the war. The number of these is as the sand of the sea.

fire-from-heaven-5.jpg

9 And they advanced over the whole earth and encircled the camp of the holy ones and the beloved city. But fire came down out of heaven and consumed them.+ 10 And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulfur, where both the wild beast+ and the false prophet already were;+ and they will be tormented* day and night forever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne and the One seated on it.+ From before him the earth and the heaven fled away,+ and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life.+ The dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.+

13 And the sea gave up the dead in it, and death and the Grave* gave up the dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds.+ 14 And death and the Grave* were hurled into the lake of fire.+ This means the second death,+ the lake of fire.+ 15 Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life+ was hurled into the lake of fire.+

images
upload_2020-6-29_17-10-51.jpeg

Yes...death is “hurled into the Lake of Fire.”
Death is an intangible thing; you can’t ‘burn’ death. It simply means that death inherited from Adam will be gone forever. It will “be no more” Revelation 21:4

And hockeycowboy agrees with me and agrees with any Bible in town and the bible of the JW.

giphy.gif

MJFlores

“For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!”Ezekiel 18:32 NIV (Ezekiel 33:11)

I will be using the JW Bible on this posts, not my favorite NIV. It doesn't matter - one double edged sword from another double edged sword

Double-edged-sword.jpg

That is the problem when you take one tiny wienie verse and then make a novel long interpretation.

And you missed the part when the Bible says:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/nwt/books/ezekiel/18/

3 “‘As surely as I am alive,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘you will not continue to quote this saying in Israel. 4 Look! All the souls*—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul* who sins is the one who will die.

nwt_E_lg.jpg

23 “‘Do I take any pleasure at all in the death of a wicked person?’+ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. ‘Do I not prefer that he turn away from his ways and keep living?’+24 “‘But when someone righteous abandons his righteousness and does what is wrong,* doing all the detestable things the wicked do, will he live? None of the righteous acts that he did will be remembered.+ For his unfaithfulness and the sin he has committed, he will die.+

https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/nwt/books/ezekiel/18/

My comments: These have nothing to do with HELL so what the hell is this? This is about God's justice that the father will not answer for the son's sins nor the son will answer for the father's sins. This is about what is right - a wicked man turning away from his wicked ways and doing what is right. This is about what God is saddened by - a righteous man stopping from being righteous and turning wicked.

As I have told you before DYING and DEATH are our destination. It does not mean one is wicked when he dies. Someone is dying every second. I will die, you will die but then again that is NOT OVER and does not mean anything.

27 And just as it is reserved for men to die once for all time, but after this to receive a judgment,
https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/nwt/books/hebrews/9/

So what is the judgement? Death? Everybody dies!
Even the innocent die! Even the righteous die!

When an infant dies? Was he wicked?
When an unborn child dies? Was he wicked?
When an elderly person dies? Was he wicked?

upload_2020-6-29_17-29-36.jpeg
images

https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/nwt/books/ecclesiastes/4/

2 And I congratulated the dead who had already died rather than the living who were still alive.+ 3 And better off than both of them is the one who has not yet been born,+ who has not seen the distressing deeds that are done under the sun.+

[FONT=WTClearText, serif]The Bible here says it is better not to be born at all because of the evil happening under the sun.
upload_2020-6-29_17-58-56.jpeg
[/FONT]

So how will God Almighty judge?
To keep you alive because you have been good?
There are evil people in this world and they have lived up to a hundred, so what is special?

13 The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God+ and keep his commandments,+ for this is the whole obligation of man.+ 14 For the true God will judge every deed, including every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad.+
https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/nwt/books/ecclesiastes/12/

These are the words of God in the Old Testament and you say the Israelites are not aware of heaven or hell.
That is your opinion, what they know are written clearly.

20 They will bring all your brothers out of all the nations+ as a gift to Jehovah, on horses, in chariots, in covered wagons, on mules, and on swift camels, up to my holy mountain, Jerusalem,” says Jehovah, “just as when the people of Israel bring their gift in a clean vessel into the house of Jehovah.”21 “I will also take some for the priests and for the Levites,” says Jehovah.22 “For just as the new heavens and the new earth+ that I am making will remain standing before me,” declares Jehovah, “so your offspring* and your name will remain.”+23 “And from new moon to new moon and from sabbath to sabbath,All flesh* will come in to bow down before* me,”+ says Jehovah.24 “And they will go out and look on the carcasses of the men who rebelled against me;For the worms on them will not die, And their fire will not be extinguished,+And they will become something repulsive to all people.”*

https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/nwt/books/isaiah/66/

We can deny "Oh that is a figure of speech" it won't happen literally.
But that is what is written in the Bible
Maybe we should evaluate if the church that we belong to are teaching
What they liked and what is nice to hear but is not there in the Bible.

12 There is a way that seems right to a man,+But in the end it leads to death.+
https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/nwt/books/proverbs/14/

upload_2020-6-29_18-6-41.jpeg

MJFlores

THE LORD JESUS Christ speaks of "hell" where fire never goes out. This is what He says in Mark 9:43:

200.gif

“If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.” (Mark 9:43 NIV)

There is indeed a hell that according to the Lord Jesus, “where the fire never goes out.” The Bible also calls it Lake of fire:

“Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.” (Revelation 20:14 NIV)

The "lake of fire" is the "second death" where God will punish those who sinned against Him:

“But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars-their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8 NIV)

Hell is the place of eternal torment. The Bible vividly describes how God will punish the wicked persons in the Lake of fire:

“He, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name.” (Revelation 14:10-11 NIV)

However, hell (the Lake of fire) doesn’t exist yet.

From the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (cf. II Peter 3:7 and 10), one thousand years will elapse then the Lake of fire will come into being:

“(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.)…When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth-Gog and Magog-to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” (Revelation 20:5, 7-10 NIV)

According to the Bible, the "rest of the dead" will come to life after the "thousand years," and after that the "lake of fire" will come into being - "fire came down from heaven and devoured them. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into lake if burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

The Bible teaches two resurrections: the resurrection of life, and the resurrection of condemnation:

“Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth - those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.” (John 5:28-29 NKJV)

The resurrection of life is the First Resurrection, the resurrection on the day of the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ:

“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.” (I Thessalonians 4:16-17 NKJV)

images

After those saved brought up and met the Lord, what will happen next is the destruction of the earth and everything in it and the perdition of ungodly men:

“But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.” (II Peter 3:7,10 NKJV)

giphy.gif

One thousand years after the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus and the First Resurrection, the “rest of the dead” will come to life, but to be “thrown into the lake of burning sulfur" (see Rev. 14:9-11). They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Thus, hell (the Lake of fire) doesn’t exist yet, but one thousand years from the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus it will come into being.

What will happen to a person when he dies?

upload_2020-6-29_20-51-10.jpeg

This is what the Bible says regarding the dead:

“Adrift among the dead, Like the slain who lie in the grave, Whom You remember no more, And who are cut off from Your hand.” (Psalms 88:5 NKJV)

The dead lies on his grave, and remember no more for the dead’s thoughts perish:

“His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.” (Psalms 146:4 KJV)

When a person dies, his breath cease, he return to earth, and his thoughts perish. Until when the dead will remain in the grave? When will the dead rise to receive judgment? Job 14:10-12 reads:

“But man dies and is laid away; Indeed he breathes his last And where is he? As water disappears from the sea, And a river becomes parched and dries up, So man lies down and does not rise. Till the heavens are no more, They will not awake Nor be roused from their sleep.” (Job 14:10-12 NKJV)

When man dies, according to the Bible, he “lies down and does not rise.” He will not rise to received judgment “Till the heavens are no more, They will not awake Nor roused from their sleep.” The “passing away of heaven” was on the Day of the Lord, the Day of Judgment, the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (cf. II Peter 3:7, 10).

Who will be saved from the eternal torment,from the Lake of fire?

The most important question to be answered is, “who will be saved from the eternal torment, from the Lake of fire?” this is the answer of the Bible on Romans 5:8-10:

“But God has shown us how much he loves us--it was while we were still sinners that Christ died for us! By his sacrificial death we are now put right with God; how much more, then, will we be saved by him from God's anger! We were God's enemies, but he made us his friends through the death of his Son. Now that we are God's friends, how much more will we be saved by Christ's life!” (Romans 5:8-10 TEV)

Contrary to common belief, the Bible explicitly tells us that the Lord Jesus gave His life for His Church:

“Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave his life for it.
“For a husband has authority over his wife just as Christ has authority over the church; and Christ is himself the Savior of the church, his body.” (Ephesians 5:25,23 TEV)

upload_2020-6-29_20-52-42.png

This Church is the Church of Christ:

“For just as the human body is one and yet has many parts, and all its parts, many as they are, constitute but one body, so it is with the Church of Christ.” (I Corinthians 12:12 NTME)

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It is sure is printed clearly in the JW Bible

JW org link: https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/nwt/books/revelation/20/

hurl verb
past tense: hurled; past participle: hurled
throw (an object) with great force.
And that is in the Jehovah's Witness Bible
nwt_E_lg.jpg

How come your bible does not agree with you?

Revelation 20:6

those who overcome the first death, the 2nd has no power.

the first death(spiritual death of being born in the grave(body) are those whose spirit are never resurrected before the 2nd death(physical).

this is why it is written Revelation 3:2-3

daniel 12:2

let the dead then bury the dead.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes...death is “hurled into the Lake of Fire.”
Death is an intangible thing; you can’t ‘burn’ death. It simply means that death inherited from Adam will be gone forever. It will “be no more” — Revelation 21:4

death of the body is a return to the state before earthly existence. there is no death for the I AM, the Spirit. the flesh counts for not

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
THE LORD JESUS Christ speaks of "hell" where fire never goes out. This is what He says in Mark 9:43:

200.gif

“If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.” (Mark 9:43 NIV)

There is indeed a hell that according to the Lord Jesus, “where the fire never goes out.” The Bible also calls it Lake of fire:

“Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.” (Revelation 20:14 NIV)

The "lake of fire" is the "second death" where God will punish those who sinned against Him:

“But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars-their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8 NIV)

Hell is the place of eternal torment. The Bible vividly describes how God will punish the wicked persons in the Lake of fire:

“He, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name.” (Revelation 14:10-11 NIV)

However, hell (the Lake of fire) doesn’t exist yet.

From the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (cf. II Peter 3:7 and 10), one thousand years will elapse then the Lake of fire will come into being:

“(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.)…When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth-Gog and Magog-to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” (Revelation 20:5, 7-10 NIV)

According to the Bible, the "rest of the dead" will come to life after the "thousand years," and after that the "lake of fire" will come into being - "fire came down from heaven and devoured them. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into lake if burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

The Bible teaches two resurrections: the resurrection of life, and the resurrection of condemnation:

“Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth - those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.” (John 5:28-29 NKJV)

The resurrection of life is the First Resurrection, the resurrection on the day of the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ:

“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.” (I Thessalonians 4:16-17 NKJV)

images

After those saved brought up and met the Lord, what will happen next is the destruction of the earth and everything in it and the perdition of ungodly men:

“But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.” (II Peter 3:7,10 NKJV)

giphy.gif

One thousand years after the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus and the First Resurrection, the “rest of the dead” will come to life, but to be “thrown into the lake of burning sulfur" (see Rev. 14:9-11). They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Thus, hell (the Lake of fire) doesn’t exist yet, but one thousand years from the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus it will come into being.

What will happen to a person when he dies?

View attachment 41122

This is what the Bible says regarding the dead:

“Adrift among the dead, Like the slain who lie in the grave, Whom You remember no more, And who are cut off from Your hand.” (Psalms 88:5 NKJV)

The dead lies on his grave, and remember no more for the dead’s thoughts perish:

“His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.” (Psalms 146:4 KJV)

When a person dies, his breath cease, he return to earth, and his thoughts perish. Until when the dead will remain in the grave? When will the dead rise to receive judgment? Job 14:10-12 reads:

“But man dies and is laid away; Indeed he breathes his last And where is he? As water disappears from the sea, And a river becomes parched and dries up, So man lies down and does not rise. Till the heavens are no more, They will not awake Nor be roused from their sleep.” (Job 14:10-12 NKJV)

When man dies, according to the Bible, he “lies down and does not rise.” He will not rise to received judgment “Till the heavens are no more, They will not awake Nor roused from their sleep.” The “passing away of heaven” was on the Day of the Lord, the Day of Judgment, the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (cf. II Peter 3:7, 10).

Who will be saved from the eternal torment,from the Lake of fire?

The most important question to be answered is, “who will be saved from the eternal torment, from the Lake of fire?” this is the answer of the Bible on Romans 5:8-10:

“But God has shown us how much he loves us--it was while we were still sinners that Christ died for us! By his sacrificial death we are now put right with God; how much more, then, will we be saved by him from God's anger! We were God's enemies, but he made us his friends through the death of his Son. Now that we are God's friends, how much more will we be saved by Christ's life!” (Romans 5:8-10 TEV)

Contrary to common belief, the Bible explicitly tells us that the Lord Jesus gave His life for His Church:

“Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave his life for it.
“For a husband has authority over his wife just as Christ has authority over the church; and Christ is himself the Savior of the church, his body.” (Ephesians 5:25,23 TEV)

View attachment 41123

This Church is the Church of Christ:

“For just as the human body is one and yet has many parts, and all its parts, many as they are, constitute but one body, so it is with the Church of Christ.” (I Corinthians 12:12 NTME)

when you boil it down, pun intended, all you have left is Spirit/Mind. the form returns to the earth and the Spirit to God whence it came

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I suspect....heaven and hell are the SAME place

if you fit in....no poblem
if you don't.....

oh hell

In another tale, a person dies and awakens in a beautiful garden. The keeper of the garden is quite solicitous and gives the person whatever he asks for. He wants a beautiful house and the house of his dreams instantly appears. He wants a perfect spouse and the ideal spouse materializes. Each day he requests something new and each day his wish is fulfilled. This goes on for many months. His wishes become more extravagant. He gets everything he wants. Nothing is lacking. He runs out of things to request. Days go by without a wish, then months.

He becomes bored. There is nothing to look forward to, nothing to challenge him. The taste of everything goes flat. Finally, one day, he says to the keeper of the garden, "I've been thinking that maybe I would like to see what things are like on the other side."

The garden-keeper says, "The other side, what do you mean?"

"I mean that I wish I could see what it would be like to be in hell."

"Oh," said the garden-keeper, "But my friend, where do you think you have been all this time?"

Heaven and hell are not necessarily what we think they are. The same experience can be heaven or hell depending upon our point of view. So too the idea of resurrection, life after death. If we view it as something out of reach in the distant future, we are wearing mental mind-sleeves, so to speak. We are separated from it and cannot bend our thoughts to nourish our souls. But if we see the on-going relationship between God-ing and creation-ing, we fully connect with the understanding that resurrection is a continuous process, happening right now.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
when you boil it down, pun intended, all you have left is Spirit/Mind. the form returns to the earth and the Spirit to God whence it came
I find Adam did Not have ' left is spirit / mind ' but that All of Adam ' returned ' to the dust...... Genesis 3:19.
Man's spirit is a neuter ' it ' according to Ecclesiastes 12:7
So, Ecc. 12:7 is Not saying one's spirit (it) is traveling up to heaven.
In the sense that a foreclosed house does Not move or go anywhere but simply it returns to the hands of the owner.
Thus, any future life prospect of life again rest with the owner, and in the case of Ecc. 12:7 the Owner is God.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

To me heaven and hell are what Jesus thinks they are, Jesus' point of view.
Gospel writer Luke at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 uses the future tense when writing about the resurrection.
' There is going to be ' a resurrection.....' . So, Resurrection is a Resurrection Hope until Jesus' comes.
Jesus and the OT both inform us the dead are just sleeping - John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Even Daniel's hope was that one future day he would be awakened from death's sleep - Daniel 12:13.

Jesus viewed heaven as God's home: 'our Father in Heaven....'
Biblical hell is where righteous Jesus went the day he died according to Acts of the Apostles 2:27.
Since the ' dead know nothing ' then dead Jesus was in a sleep-like state while in biblical hell until his God resurrected Jesus out of hell.
Thus, the Bible's hell is simply mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead until Resurrection Day.
Resurrection Day meaning: Jesus' Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.

When King James translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire that put the flames in hell.
Gehenna was simply a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever.
So, it is No wonder that Psalms 92:7 says the wicked will be: destroyed forever.
Thus, a religious-myth hell is being taught as being Scripture.
Temporary biblical hell comes to a final end according to Rev. 20:13-14.
After everyone in the Bible's hell is ' delivered up ' ( meaning resurrected out of the grave/hell) then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated biblical hell.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
To me heaven and hell are what Jesus thinks they are, Jesus' point of view.
Gospel writer Luke at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 uses the future tense when writing about the resurrection.
' There is going to be ' a resurrection.....' . So, Resurrection is a Resurrection Hope until Jesus' comes.
Jesus and the OT both inform us the dead are just sleeping - John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Even Daniel's hope was that one future day he would be awakened from death's sleep - Daniel 12:13.

Jesus viewed heaven as God's home: 'our Father in Heaven....'
Biblical hell is where righteous Jesus went the day he died according to Acts of the Apostles 2:27.
Since the ' dead know nothing ' then dead Jesus was in a sleep-like state while in biblical hell until his God resurrected Jesus out of hell.
Thus, the Bible's hell is simply mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead until Resurrection Day.
Resurrection Day meaning: Jesus' Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.

When King James translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire that put the flames in hell.
Gehenna was simply a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever.
So, it is No wonder that Psalms 92:7 says the wicked will be: destroyed forever.
Thus, a religious-myth hell is being taught as being Scripture.
Temporary biblical hell comes to a final end according to Rev. 20:13-14.
After everyone in the Bible's hell is ' delivered up ' ( meaning resurrected out of the grave/hell) then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated biblical hell.

matthew 23:27 are dead

the resurrection of the living matthew 22:32, not the physically dead. the dead jesus speaks of are spiritually dead, not physically. the spiritually dead are already in hell, the body is a grave.

the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

case in point, these have already entered the kingdom mentioned in revelation 3:12-13

matthew 16:28

I AM with you always.

The spirit or mind of man is imprisoned in the soul, his animal nature, and the soul in the body. The nature and evolution of this soul were set forth in The Gospel according to the Egyptians, a work which is unfortunately lost.

The Assyrian Mysteries.Now the Assyrians (following the Chaldæans, who, together with the Egyptians, were regarded by antiquity as the sacred nation par excellence) first taught that man was threefold and yet a unity. The soul is the desire-principle, and all things have souls, even stones, for they increase and decrease.

The real "man" is male-female, devoid of sex; therefore he strives to abandon the animal nature and return to the eternal essence above, where there is neither male nor female but a new creature.

Baptism was not the mere symbolical washing with physical water, but the bathing of the spirit or mind in the "living water above," the eternal world, beyond the ocean of generation and destruction; and the anointing with oil was the introduction of the candidate into unfading bliss, thus becoming a Christ.

Ephesians 5:14

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I find those of Revelation 2:10 for the most part are already in heaven. They are part of those of Revelation 3:12-14 because they have that first or earlier resurrection as mentioned at Revelation 20:6.
Those called to heavenly life are like the people of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18.
They are with Jesus acting also as kings and priests as per Revelation 5:9-10.
As kings they have governmental responsibilities towards the people of Earth.
As priests they take care of spiritual duties towards the people of Earth.
Remember: a requirement to enter Heaven is to be a follower of Christ as outlined in Scripture.
Thus, the majority of mankind (John 3:13) can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection on Earth - Acts of the Apostles 24:15.

Super Universe

Defender of God
In the abrahamic religion could hell have been created by man's materialism, selfishness?

could it have been created by man not following the golden rule and thus creating polarities of heaven and hell?

You humans always think it's all about you. Humans don't make universal policy or universal institutions.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

The English word hell at Mark 9:43 was translated in the King James from the word Gehenna.
Gehenna was a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed.
So, it is No wonder that Scripture teaches the wicked will be 'destroyed forever '- Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35 - No roasting involved.
Remember: Not everything in Scripture is literal.
For example: Is the smoke still going up from Edom ( Idumea) as Isaiah 34:10 says, or 'smoke' standing for eternal destruction _______

Yes, man's spirit is a neuter "IT" - Ecclesiastes 12:7 B. So, one's spirit is impersonal, an impersonal energizing force .
Just as a foreclosed house does Not move or go anywhere but goes back to the owner's hands.
Ones' spirit ("IT) rests in God's hands until Resurrection Day, Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In the abrahamic religion could hell have been created by man's materialism, selfishness?
could it have been created by man not following the golden rule and thus creating polarities of heaven and hell?

I suppose if you call false clergy as being materialistic and selfish then they created a ' religious-myth hell ' teaching it as being Scripture.
Biblical hell is simply mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead.
This is why Jesus and the OT both teach ' sleep in death ' - John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
The grave was opened up by Adam for Not keeping the Law of Eden ( do Not eat from the forbidden tree )
Since we are innocent of what Adam did is why God made provision for us by the words found at Genesis 3:15.
There would be a ' seed' (offspring) that would prove to be Messiah for us.
Jesus as Messiah will undo all ' death's damage ' that Satan and Adam brought upon us - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.