• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello.

Azrael Antilla

I don't have any more time. I am going to evict that tenant if he does not pay the rent for September, October and November. It is curtains for him.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It should have been curtains for him long ago but the eviction moratorium started in March 2020 and it just ended today. I can't tell you how angry I am, only my husband knows since he sees me raging mad.

I posted the whole story on this post: Calling all landlords, or anyone else
I shall have a look. At the post. Land leasing is profitable but fraught with problems, especially when dealing with private citizens. It's often better for some people to pay an agency to collect rents on your behalf for a modest fee. Especially with 'difficult' tenants.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I would need a few weeks, probably months of research, of your land law. State and federal. Could be problematic.
The raccoons on my deck are smarter than my tenant..... They know that when I put the curtain up that means their gravy train has run out and I will be bringing them no more food today... That tenant's gravy train has run out and he does not even know it... and he says he is a legal consultant and knows the law better than any attorney? :rolleyes:o_O
Ignoring me when I send him an e-mail is not an option.....

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I shall have a look. At the post. Land leasing is profitable but fraught with problems, especially when dealing with private citizens. It's often better for some people to pay an agency to collect rents on your behalf for a modest fee. Especially with 'difficult' tenants.
I have had many problems with tenants especially in my other rental house, but the last two tenants have been excellent. I learned my lessons the hard way and now I am super careful who I pick as a tenant. It is always a gamble but I can lessen the risk by screening and calling all references and making sure they have stable income.

Azrael Antilla

I have had many problems with tenants especially in my other rental house, but the last two tenants have been excellent. I learned my lessons the hard way and now I am super careful who I pick as a tenant. It is always a gamble but I can lessen the risk by screening and calling all references and making sure they have stable income.

Indeed. It's not fair on either party if the tenant is unable to realistically pay the rent due on time. The stress of potential homelessness and or impoverishment is not particularly good for anyone. Nor is the loss of potential income.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
It is curtains for him.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I like these:
334adc36ef5316b5c191d5ef302ccd56.jpg

I'd get some for myself, but we both know the cats would tear them up...

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I like these:
View attachment 57184

I'd get some for myself, but we both know the cats would tear them up...
Right now I have a large beach towel hanging over the sliding glass door so the raccoons cannot see in. It hangs all across the bottom half so I can still see through the top half but the raccoons cannot see me. :D

This week I bought a nice looking shower curtain and rod that is the perfect size for that patio door but I have not had time to put it up yet. I don't think the cats will bother with it but even if they did not cost enough to matter.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As the old saying goes. "Only a fool represents themselves". However, since 2015 in the UK. Almost all civil legal aid was withdrawn by the then coalition government. £5 billion a year was the average cost to the taxpayer. For this service. Now only victims of domestic abuse can apply for government assistance in specific family law areas. So that being the case self representation in the UK is now fairly common in civil cases. Of course poor people cannot now easily get legal remedy because of the cost barrier to hire an attorney or solicitor as they are termed in the UK. This lack of access to justice is another example of the increasing inequality of the UK. The wealthy can issue slap suits with relative impunity. Slum landlords and dodgy employers have the run of the roost. There are pro bono lawyers, there are McKenzie friends. Getting access to those, however, is exceedingly problematic, given the huge demand. This legal civil aid provision was in effect since the end of the 2nd world war. Created at the same time as the NHS to reduce inequality and to provide access to justice for all citizens. Unfortunately the Conservative shower currently in power are quite indifferent to human suffering and apparently consider equity and justice to apply only to the wealthy, not the greater part of the UK population, whom they seem to hold in great contempt.
Representing oneself here makes sense in many cases
of low consequence because lawyers are so spendy.
But we have a huge problem with frivolous suits because
seldom is the suer who loses hit with costs of the winning
side. Such suits are often used as a means of extortion.