• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello.

Azrael Antilla

I shall formerly introduce myself as I have yet to do so. Jumping straight in to debate instead. First off, I stumbled across this site very recently. I used to debate on FB but that became untenable, as the quality of posts have deteriorated and FB mod algorithms make debate a minefield of inequitable suspensions. Too many crazies. So thanks to the site owners and mod team here for providing an alternative and better space for debate on metaphysical and other questions. Me, I am a legal advisor, I used to be an analytical chemist, running a HPLC analysis section for a major company. These days I deal with members of the public requing access to legal advice and guidance. Usually with regard to housing and employment matters. I am an atheist, I am a sci fi novel and film buff, I am a major music fan too. Dope Lemon, The Avalanches, Rammstein, Pink Floyd, Queen, The Weekend, Childish Gambino, Kate Bush. All the good stuff. I only drink tea or sparking water or Nephews & Sons white rum. I don't eat meat or gluten. I don't like racists or religious zealots or consipracy theorists or science deniers much. I am not super keen on humanity collectively. I am deeply suspicious of everything, including myself.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I shall formerly introduce myself as I have yet to do so. Jumping straight in to debate instead. First off, I stumbled across this site very recently. I used to debate on FB but that became untenable, as the quality of posts have deteriorated and FB mod algorithms make debate a minefield of inequitable suspensions. Too many crazies. So thanks to the site owners and mod team here for providing an alternative and better space for debate on metaphysical and other questions. Me, I am a legal advisor, I used to be an analytical chemist, running a HPLC analysis section for a major company. These days I deal with members of the public requing access to legal advice and guidance. Usually with regard to housing and employment matters. I am an atheist, I am a sci fi novel and film buff, I am a major music fan too. Dope Lemon, The Avalanches, Rammstein, Pink Floyd, Queen, The Weekend, Childish Gambino, Kate Bush. All the good stuff. I only drink tea or sparking water or Nephews & Sons white rum. I don't eat meat or gluten. I don't like racists or religious zealots or consipracy theorists or science deniers much. I am not super keen on humanity collectively. I am deeply suspicious of everything, including myself.

Well whatever you do, dont be suspicious of your welcome cake.

Welcome cake.jpg

I sm pretty sure @Revoltingest will be along later with the keys to the staff canteen.

P.s. im a meat eating atheist who loaths racists.

Lain

Welcome to the forums!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
These days I deal with members of the public requing access to legal advice and guidance. Usually with regard to housing and employment matters
So now I know who to consult about legal matters with my tenants! Ironically, the tenant I am having problems with now is a legal consultant! :D:(

Azrael Antilla

Right...pro se means they represent themselves.
As the old saying goes. "Only a fool represents themselves". However, since 2015 in the UK. Almost all civil legal aid was withdrawn by the then coalition government. £5 billion a year was the average cost to the taxpayer. For this service. Now only victims of domestic abuse can apply for government assistance in specific family law areas. So that being the case self representation in the UK is now fairly common in civil cases. Of course poor people cannot now easily get legal remedy because of the cost barrier to hire an attorney or solicitor as they are termed in the UK. This lack of access to justice is another example of the increasing inequality of the UK. The wealthy can issue slap suits with relative impunity. Slum landlords and dodgy employers have the run of the roost. There are pro bono lawyers, there are McKenzie friends. Getting access to those, however, is exceedingly problematic, given the huge demand. This legal civil aid provision was in effect since the end of the 2nd world war. Created at the same time as the NHS to reduce inequality and to provide access to justice for all citizens. Unfortunately the Conservative shower currently in power are quite indifferent to human suffering and apparently consider equity and justice to apply only to the wealthy, not the greater part of the UK population, whom they seem to hold in great contempt.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I would need a few weeks, probably months of research, of your land law. State and federal. Could be problematic.
I don't have any more time. I am going to evict that tenant if he does not pay the rent for September, October and November. It is curtains for him.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It should have been curtains for him long ago but the eviction moratorium started in March 2020 and it just ended today. I can't tell you how angry I am, only my husband knows since he sees me raging mad.

I posted the whole story on this post: Calling all landlords, or anyone else