• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello, world

Islington

Hello people,

I'm fairly new around it and I thought it was time to register and introduce myself.
I've explored Roman Catholicism but I've come in hope to discover more of the wonderful religion that is Hinduism. I have many, many questions and can't wait to learn.

I also have a lot of interest in other religions and hope to discuss here with open-minded people.

allfoak

Alchemist
b1c62fdb82ecc04550a1aae2fbb3784b.jpg

Islington

Hi, @Brickjectivity No, not at all! Sorry for my English, I forgot to mention it's not my mother-tongue. I just meant that I've practiced Catholicism several years and came to a realization that I was not suited for it.

Thanks to you all for your kind welcoming!

Reggie Miller

Hi, @Brickjectivity No, not at all! Sorry for my English, I forgot to mention it's not my mother-tongue. I just meant that I've practiced Catholicism several years and came to a realization that I was not suited for it.

Welcome.

What is it about Roman Catholicism that bothers you, if you don't mind my asking?

Laika

Premium Member

Hey Islington, welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your time here.

If it helps, your not the only one here for whom english is a second language. So its nothing to worry about. :)

Jedster

Hello people,

I'm fairly new around it and I thought it was time to register and introduce myself.
I've explored Roman Catholicism but I've come in hope to discover more of the wonderful religion that is Hinduism. I have many, many questions and can't wait to learn.

I also have a lot of interest in other religions and hope to discuss here with open-minded people.
Welcome, hope you will enjoy yourself here.
Islington is a great place.

Here's an update on C :>)

// my first program in C++
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
std::cout << "Hello World!";
}

Islington

Welcome.

What is it about Roman Catholicism that bothers you, if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks again, everyone for your kind welcome.

Reggie, I hope you won't be mad for the delay of this answer, I wanted to consider my words before answering in a public manner.

There is nothing that truly bothers me with Roman Catholicism.

To answer a question that you may be asking yourself: I left because the more questions I asked myself and the priests that I know, the more I realized that I wasn't satisfied with the answers (and sometimes lack of) that I was given. And you know this feeling you have when you know you've grabbed an intuition? That if you follow it, it will lead to answers? Well I did that and it took years of studying and questioning.

Now, I still believe that Roman Catholicism is a way of attaining what souls need, and a beautiful one at that. I also know that it is not my way.

Is this answer satisfying for you? :)

Reggie Miller

Thanks again, everyone for your kind welcome.

Reggie, I hope you won't be mad for the delay of this answer, I wanted to consider my words before answering in a public manner.

There is nothing that truly bothers me with Roman Catholicism.

To answer a question that you may be asking yourself: I left because the more questions I asked myself and the priests that I know, the more I realized that I wasn't satisfied with the answers (and sometimes lack of) that I was given. And you know this feeling you have when you know you've grabbed an intuition? That if you follow it, it will lead to answers? Well I did that and it took years of studying and questioning.

Now, I still believe that Roman Catholicism is a way of attaining what souls need, and a beautiful one at that. I also know that it is not my way.

Is this answer satisfying for you? :)

It only matters that it is satisfying to you.

You feel okay turning your back on the cross for Hinduism?