• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello there

Diederick

As seems the norm, an introduction by this new man.

My name is Diederick, D.A. Becker (the 'A' stands for Antonius). I'm 20 years old, being born in 1988 in the same place I now reside. I'm Caucasian.

My all-day life is quite varied, I'd like to think, in that I supplemented regular life with some volunteering jobs. Currently I'm a college student, in the last semester of Civil Engineering. After the summer vacation I'll attend the High School of Leeuwarden to get a bachelor's degree in English - in order to become a teacher. Right now I intend to continue after that for a Master's degree, but that will remain in consideration.

In my spare time - that is besides school - I am a scoutsleader. Scouting has been a part of my life since I was 10 years old, and will probably be for another 10 from this moment on. I've been a leader for the cubs for a year, after that the scouts ran short on leadership so that's how I ended up here. Next in order of absorbency of time is my work as a First-Aid medic for the Red Cross. I'm currently awaiting the exam (24th this month) which will certify my as a medic. The Red Cross volunteer's collonnes support larger events (festivals, concerts, etc.) to supply First Aid service, and is part of the emergency relief force to respond to local calamities too large-scale for the professional aid. I've been a didactic coach for Humanitas for about a year, I recently stopped because I'm working full-time for Royal Haskoning (stage-period for college), and I ran out of spare time during the day. I play guitar, blog and read through the rest of my free time of the day - apart of that which is spent on forums, checking email and such.

Concerning religion. I am opposed to religion in all its forms, because I believe it to be a placebo with side-effects which are unnecessarily damaging society. I am an Existentialistic Atheist, an Anti-Theist as Christopher Hitchens described: not only do I not believe in a supernatural power (a Deity), the idea of doing so is most uncomfortable to me. I have 'experimented' with a lot of things when I was 18, religion being the most unfortunate of all. A well-counted two months were needed to experience religion until the spell was broken by the claim that Jesus was going to make me straight. Yes, I am gay[FONT=&quot][/FONT], but that is hardly at the heart of my disliking of religion.

I respect most people, as long as they are not detrimental to society or mankind at large - so I won't spend my time here *****ing about religious people. All you need to know about me in the sphere of this forum is that I am opposed to religion, to the idea of a god, and that I consequently consider myself an Atheist. I live for this world and everything in it. I am an Existential Nihilist, which is what keeps me going where the religious rely on a 'God given meaning and purpose'. Superiorly, I believe everything should be subjected to consideration - religion above all. Hence my coming to this place.

Love,

Diederick

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Welkom!

Good to see another Dutchie ;)

M'n ouders komen van Haaksbergen, daar bij Enschede in de buurt, maar ik ben m'n hele leven al in Nieuw Zeeland. :D

Dezzie

It's nice to welcome another member to RF!
Hope you enjoy your time here :)
I am Dezzie... you may also call me Amanda :p.
It's nice to meet you!