• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello There! =)

TJ_Lee

Hello hello! My name is TJ, I'm Hindu, following Sanatana Dharma (which seems more important to say here in the states). I spent a few months in India where I originally learned Hinduism. I still identify as Hindu and follow the same path here back at home, but I tend to visit temple less except for occasional puja and holidays. It's just different, if that makes sense, in the west than back in India. Not bad, just different. I am a vegetarian, but I have been most of my life so that was a personal choice before any belief system was in place.
Anywhoodle. I just wanted to say hello and I'm happy to be here. <3

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Have a welcome gift....
20090225-chocotaco-thumb-thumb-518xauto-1925.jpg

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Hello hello! My name is TJ, I'm Hindu, following Sanatana Dharma (which seems more important to say here in the states). I spent a few months in India where I originally learned Hinduism. I still identify as Hindu and follow the same path here back at home, but I tend to visit temple less except for occasional puja and holidays. It's just different, if that makes sense, in the west than back in India. Not bad, just different. I am a vegetarian, but I have been most of my life so that was a personal choice before any belief system was in place.

Namaste ... Welcome, may I ask which temple that is in your picture?

Shantanu

Of course that is interesting: welcome to RF.

Daemon Sophic

My favorite! That's probably the greatest gift I've ever received.
OK. I was going to shame @Revoltingest for his welcoming gift of cardboard, saran wrap, and spray-on “chocolate” (you don’t even want to know what those chunks are). as a welcoming gift....
But now.....
S2ES.gif

I can see which way you swing. :eek:

Eh. Welcome to the RF pool. Enjoy the cheese.
tenor.gif

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OK. I was going to shame @Revoltingest for his welcoming gift of cardboard, saran wrap, and spray-on “chocolate” (you don’t even want to know what those chunks are). as a welcoming gift....
But now.....
S2ES.gif

tenor.gif
Choco Tacos aren't packaged in Saran Wrap.
It looks like aluminized mylar.
And those chunks....delicious!

TJ_Lee

But now.....
S2ES.gif

tenor.gif

Sorry! lol I know they're terrible but they are one of my guilty pleasures. And thank you. =D

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's beautiful, and crowded haha, but everyone is lovely there. I definitely recommend visiting if you get the chance.

Maybe, maybe not. Been to several in the US but not that one. I prefer to go on weekday mornings when there is less of a crowd. You?

TJ_Lee

Maybe, maybe not. Been to several in the US but not that one. I prefer to go on weekday mornings when there is less of a crowd. You?

When I go, it's either during the week in the evenings or for certain holidays or puja. I go to work early in the mornings so I rarely get the privilege of visiting morning weekdays. I mostly do my worship and prayers at home, I like to visit temple but the tourist attraction feel is kind of disconcerting for me at times.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
When I go, it's either during the week in the evenings or for certain holidays or puja. I go to work early in the mornings so I rarely get the privilege of visiting morning weekdays. I mostly do my worship and prayers at home, I like to visit temple but the tourist attraction feel is kind of disconcerting for me at times.
Yes, tourist attraction isn't good. Some of the big Indian temples have that. I like both, festival times and quiet times. I think some of the big Swaminarayan temples are tourist attractions as well. Most certainly the one in Delhi is. But God is there, regardless.

TJ_Lee

Yes, tourist attraction isn't good. Some of the big Indian temples have that. I like both, festival times and quiet times. I think some of the big Swaminarayan temples are tourist attractions as well. Most certainly the one in Delhi is. But God is there, regardless.

Are you talking about the Swaminarayan Akshardham? That's actually the first temple, even though I think it's more a theme park, I went to. It was amazing but definitely a tourist attraction. However you are correct, God is there because it pulled me right in. Especially the garden! Then I went to the smaller temples and prefer those more for actual worship and prayer. =)